Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Admin update: Here is the TSB to deal with this issue:

TSB 21-2339 : Soft Top Roof - Paint Scratches On Sports Tube

Dropped the bronco back off at the dealership this morning to fix a bunch a chips we found on the roll bars. I had heard of issues with the top carriage chipping the bars so before I took it I made him drop the top right back and found them pretty quick. Took 2 weeks to get it back in to be fixed up but they are doing it no problem. Also suggested they 3m wrap the areas to try and avoid this happening so easily again. I'm also going to put some felt on the carriage to try and help.

My oil for my first oil change should be here on Thursday as well. So I'll look after that this weekend too! So far 2 thumbs way up on the bronco. Love it more everyday!! He's a beast.
Ford Bronco Bronco back at the dealership for paint chips on rollbar PSX_20210906_171903
Ford Bronco Bronco back at the dealership for paint chips on rollbar IMG_20210906_172755_034
Ford Bronco Bronco back at the dealership for paint chips on rollbar PSX_20210906_172023
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you have to be without a vehicle when they were fixing the chips? They is a ceramic vinyl that could protect the paint

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have to be without a vehicle when they were fixing the chips? They is a ceramic vinyl that could protect the paint
No I have an escape they gave me to use. Lol And yeah, I suggested a 3m we use on headlights out here for protection. It's a pretty thick film. We'll see what they use.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By the way those wheels look good on there
Thanks! I had them on my Ranger. I'm glad the went over so well to the bronco. Zero offset and SAS flares work perfectly. Just a bit of poke with 33"s.

Sponsored

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks! I had them on my Ranger. I'm glad the went over so well to the bronco. Zero offset and SAS flares work perfectly. Just a bit of poke with 33"s.
I just got the 5 wheel I ordered which are a similar style but not fuel. Did you go 285 70s

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What’s the location of the chips? Do you have any pictures?

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dropped the bronco back off at the dealership this morning to fix a bunch a chips we found on the roll bars. I had heard of issues with the top carriage chipping the bars so before I took it I made him drop the top right back and found them pretty quick. Took 2 weeks to get it back in to be fixed up but they are doing it no problem. Also suggested they 3m wrap the areas to try and avoid this happening so easily again. I'm also going to put some felt on the carriage to try and help.
My oil for my first oil change should be here on Thursday as well. So I'll look after that this weekend too! So far 2 thumbs way up on the bronco. Love it more everyday!! He's a beast.
Ford Bronco Bronco back at the dealership for paint chips on rollbar PSX_20210906_172023
I had the same idea about the felt tape. I ordered some from Amazon and now just wait for my Bronco. :)

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you take a picture of the spot?

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the body 3M wrapped? It looks extra shiny.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a future soft-top owner myself, when the top is up it looks like crap :cry:...but when it's down...:love:
Haha.. I don't mind how it looks. We sure did like the open air feel cruise the back country roads tho... Function<form

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have any of the more recently delivered soft tops had some type of felt on the metal part of the top where it's scratching? I know Ford came on here asking about it a month or two ago.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is at the dealer’s body shop too. Luckily they loaned me a fully-loaded Outer Banks so that I can see what LUX is all about during the next week. I really appreciate ACC…

My paint issue was with the soft top hardware and not the roll bar. But, I got the felt for all problem areas and I also ordered these in advance and am having them install while they have it.

https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-...ilm-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-4-door-soft-top/
Ford Bronco Bronco back at the dealership for paint chips on rollbar E268441A-049B-45C4-B353-3A5C50F0D8AE

I had some other paint issues they’re taking care of too. Then off for an XPEL ceramic coat in 2 weeks.
Sponsored