First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford sent me a flag too. I assumed only the customers still waiting got one. That will look good in my garage on the wall.

OP
OP
aframe009

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received my Whipple Tomahawk today from 5 Star Tuning. Still waiting on the Whipple Intercooler. I downloaded the stock file and sent it off to Whipple. It only took 24 hrs for them to send the tune for my F150 Supercharger so hopefully I will have the tune back tomorrow to try out. They are claiming 50hp and 80 ft/lbs of torque so once I get it back on the dyno I will report the results. This thing is already pretty quick with everything done to it so I am excited to see what this does.

OP
OP
aframe009

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whipple sent the file back and I loaded the tune. I would still recommend combining the SCT Burst with the Whipple tune. The device did, however, turn off the Auto Start Stop so that is awesome. Once 5 Star puts it on the dyno I will post the results.

OP
OP
aframe009

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By the way the Whipple website says the 50hp and 80 ft/lbs of torque are at the flywheel and not the actual wheels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
aframe009

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick update.....Once you flash the Tomahawk to your Bronco I do not think it can go back to stock. Whipple's customer service is not the best so I am still waiting for a reply to my question about that. I sent an email asking about it last Monday. To be honest I preferred the JB4 and SCT Burst. I am not sure if the JB4 and Tomahawk are safe to run at the same time. I will have to datalog the vehicle and have 5 Star Tuning look and see if it is safe. So right now I am running the Tomahawk tune and SCT Burst. Not gonna lie I am a little disappointed in the Tomahawk but my expectations might have been a little too high in the first place.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to see some tunes for these ecoboost. You made nice gains with the JB4. The Burger Motorsports juice box (jb4) have been around a VERY long time and super popular with BMW turbos. They make huge gains.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick update.....Once you flash the Tomahawk to your Bronco I do not think it can go back to stock. Whipple's customer service is not the best so I am still waiting for a reply to my question about that. I sent an email asking about it last Monday. To be honest I preferred the JB4 and SCT Burst. I am not sure if the JB4 and Tomahawk are safe to run at the same time. I will have to datalog the vehicle and have 5 Star Tuning look and see if it is safe. So right now I am running the Tomahawk tune and SCT Burst. Not gonna lie I am a little disappointed in the Tomahawk but my expectations might have been a little too high in the first place.
You might want to start a new thread in the tuning section. It's good info but looks like not many people are seeing your updates.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What map are you running with the JB4? Do you keep it in that map all of the time? Trying to gauge if the BT module is worth it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
aframe009

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was on the 93 map. Now that I have the Whipple flash on it I am not 100% sure it is safe to run both so I do not have the JB4 plugged in at the moment.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the same one as your previous setup....I like map 4 and 5 with 50 % E-85....gotta be another 50 HP above what map 3 and 93 octane provide.

I got mine through the same folks.
Not through the manufacturer.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It was on the 93 map. Now that I have the Whipple flash on it I am not 100% sure it is safe to run both so I do not have the JB4 plugged in at the moment.

Let me know if you decide to get rid of the one you took off, I'll buy a second one for my wife's EG. Thanks.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same one as your previous setup....I like map 4 and 5 with 50 % E-85....gotta be another 50 HP above what map 3 and 93 octane provide.

I got mine through the same folks.
Not through the manufacturer.
I'm new to E85 so this is noob comment. JB4's website say 30% mix with 93 for Map 6. Does it matter if you use 30% or 50% mix with 93?

Map5: +6psi peak, suggested for 30% E85 mixtures and/or unleaded race fuel

Also, I would love to see a dyno pull with Map 6 & E85/93 mix.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

While I'm new to E-85 also, I've owned many high performance turboed engine that most needed high octane fuel, so I've studied that a bit. It seems the fuel delivery system on the 21 and newer 2.7 s can support E-85, even up to 100% E-85 many claim on the F-150 forums ... I run about 50/50 mix E-85 and 97 unleaded. Every other tank. Then refuel at half full with more 94 or 97....so my octane stays high and mixes well when refueled at half full.

When combined I'm running well over 100 octane.
Sponsored