Sponsored

Bronco Badlands - My Brakes are Releasing from a Stopped Position - When on a Hill

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this is interesting and I'm wondering if I have the same issue. I need to pay closer attention now. I have had a few instances, all while stopped at lights, where the car started creeping forward and the brake pedal felt softer/lighter/etc. Each time it took me reapplying the brake pedal.

I honestly thought this was maybe me just accidentally or unconsciously lifting my foot off the pedal a little. I've been driving a manual transmission car daily for the last 8 months (and 50% of the time for the 4 years before that) and if there's no one behind me, I typically just sit there without the brake on in neutral. So I kind of figured this was just me getting used to driving automatic again.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All I'm going to say it that a Mechanical Hand Park Brake Leaver would have been nice to have had in any vehicle that this type of situation can even remotely happen......

@Ford Motor Company, you now that you messed up when you went the "lets electrify as much as possible route..."
No kidding! I'm a huge fan of mechanical parking brakes even if they do take up a little room inside. Please tell me the steering wheel still has a mechanical connection to the tie rods?

OP
OP
mrdibbles

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. Service Department Manager called. They will be replacing the ABS, Master Cylinder, and Brake Booster. It is a integrated unit (those three things apparently... as he explained). ETA for part is 5-Business Days.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is scary. I don't mind electrically assisted, but that pedal better damn near be connected to the master cylinder so when I push it pumps regardless.

If what we're saying is true, then if you disconnect the negative battery you lose your brakes?

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok. Service Department Manager called. They will be replacing the ABS, Master Cylinder, and Brake Booster. It is a integrated unit (those three things apparently... as he explained). ETA for part is 5-Business Days.
Did this help?
I've only had mine a few days and have noticed the same issue.
I, however, do have a very steep driveway and the brakes all but release when it happens, forcing me to reapply the pedal.
I wrote it off to a software issue, since I was sitting there with a steady pedal pressure and no movement.

OP
OP
mrdibbles

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer replaced the hole booster assembly. Still does what it was doing before. I am writing this off to how this vehicle works and while it sounds clumsy I've learned to work around it. I will be readdressing this with the dealer at some point in time but hoping they work more kinks out if it before I put the same part back in.

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer replaced the hole booster assembly. Still does what it was doing before. I am writing this off to how this vehicle works and while it sounds clumsy I've learned to work around it. I will be readdressing this with the dealer at some point in time but hoping they work more kinks out if it before I put the same part back in.
So a year later and your still having issues? I have had it happen to me once stopping out of a driveway. I also notice at fist start up it takes more pedal pressure to keep vehicle stopped but am thinking it has to to with the start up procedure and a bit higher idle 800 bs 500.

LVBase

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
On my base 2.3 auto while sitting at a light with anything but very light pressure on the brake the pedal will creep to the floor. I haven't had it creep forward yet.

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am also having this problem. Wildtrak Sasquatch. It is only on a downward slope. I brake. Car stops. Then creeps about a foot. Then a sound like a parking brake happens and it stops abruptly. I took it to Ford yesterday but they have never heard of it. Anyone else or any updates on this forum?

Sponsored
OP
OP
mrdibbles

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am also having this problem. Wildtrak Sasquatch. It is only on a downward slope. I brake. Car stops. Then creeps about a foot. Then a sound like a parking brake happens and it stops abruptly. I took it to Ford yesterday but they have never heard of it. Anyone else or any updates on this forum?
Mine is actually still doing it… even with the replacement of the brake booster unit. And to be clear it only does it on a slope and while backing up (as in backing down a sloped driveway). I need to have the dealer look at this again.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not necessarily helpful, but since there's a lot of discussion about it I'd like to add some real-world information on what happens to the pedal when the EBB fails on the 2.7 (since it happened to me).

When the failure occured, I lost almost all pedal pressure and had absolutely no brakes at all until the very bottom of the stroke, probably the last 1/4" of pedal travel. Once I reached that point it locked all four tires with no modulation, basically an on/off switch. I was able to stop without getting rear ended through a series of short lockups to extend my braking distance and get onto the shoulder (I didn't want to wait until I needed to stop to find out what was wrong).

This technically meets FMVSS requirements, which dictate that a vehicle be able to stop within a certain distance in the event of a power or electronic failure. The regs don't say it has to be done comfortably or safely, just that it is able to stop within a certain distance, and the Bronco meets that requirement.
Sponsored