Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford built a cool rig! Def shown the things off they wanted to. Being a trade show that's what they showcase the aftermarket!! I feel bad they couldn't have it this year! I hope to go next year!

SEMA 2018 (pictures) not everything is terrible at the show! Some are way out their though!

Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door SEMA Concept – First Live Pics! [Updated With Specs / Mods List] FB_IMG_1605721562756

Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door SEMA Concept – First Live Pics! [Updated With Specs / Mods List] FB_IMG_1605721610737

Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door SEMA Concept – First Live Pics! [Updated With Specs / Mods List] FB_IMG_1605721601479

Last edited:

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Color me .. not impressed. More things that we cannot currently have being thrown in our face. I understand they are showing concepts — I just wish they would focus on the real issues of their current products - not on future things. This is just not the way a product launch should go... And yes, all of this is too late.. the ship has sailed.. and I am in the acceptance phase ... I could get another car... but damn.. . Hey Ford... did we really NEED 7 different broncos that complicate the manufacturing line? Four would have been just fine (Base, Black Diamond, BL, and FE)... The rest could have been add on’s... (yes, subjective..) Point is... focus on a few things really well.. and let the consumer do what they want after market.. The second thing Ford could have done better is actual communication... They leave us to guess on B&P items and why this and not that... how about being honest with us so we don’t have to guess. They can sure as hell communicate on concept vehicles and marketing... but when it comes to actual product... not so much. I would say most of the active members on this site — and early adopters of Bronco... are the true enthusiasts and the ones who will be brand ambassadors moving forward. (Especially as for the first year “we” are the ones that will show off our vehicles - as, In theory, they won’t be on the lot)...Why not tell “us” what we are buying? Remember, most of us haven’t even seen one in real life.. even less have actually sat in one.. and pretty much nobody as driven one. We are putting a lot of faith in Ford... the least they can do is be transparent with us in this scenario... In the end, it now is what it is... and we will either buy a bronco or not. I am still buying... have not decided on which model as there is no “perfect” one and each has trade offs... I will make it mine and drive the hell out of it... But this process could have been so much better.. PS: I am ready with the hate and chair throwing... i just needed to vent..
That's a long rant from someone that doesn't understand Ford is not trying to sell you this . The aftermarket is . You will be able to gawdy up your Bronco just as well as the next guy . Just keep throwing money at it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I still want to know if the winch obstructs the front facing camera... every time I try and look past the fact that it’s clearly blocking most of its view, it creeps back into my mind.
It does - somewhere there are pics of the front camera view from the overland concept. You can see forward, but not down immediately in front for avoiding obstacles or parallel parking.

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's a long rant from someone that doesn't understand Ford is not trying to sell you this . The aftermarket is . You will be able to gawdy up your Bronco just as well as the next guy . Just keep throwing money at it.
Oh.. I am fully aware this is SEMA... but again..showing soft tops on 2 door, etc... It’s just the straw man... (see green Filson, Overland, fishing, etc)... I get the hype. Ford is selling the dream that their product is cool and just wait until the aftermarket kicks in... I fully get the business... but they F’d up the fundamentals.

Sponsored

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
!!!!! SEMA !!!! - ugg
** Interesting way to get flat topped wheel openings without getting too close to Jeep

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not buying Squatch on a Badlands and YESSSS, definitely want a Bestop Trektop.

Chassis 4WP 2” adjustable Performance Suspension (2.5 Forged Performance Series front and rear coilover shocks / Performance Series upper control arms)

Exterior Bestop Trektop soft top roof with sides removed
Now if I can just get the MIC painted Wimbledon White ...

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The black / gray color combo looks bad ass. Now another color to consider with a matt gray wrap in certain spots.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

First real life look at Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door Concept! Thanks to @iLata

Updated with specs:

Project Info:

Base Vehicle 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door • 2.7L V6 EcoBoost engine • 10-speed automatic transmission

Chassis 4WP 2” adjustable Performance Suspension (2.5 Forged Performance Series front and rear coilover shocks / Performance Series upper control arms)

Wheels and Tires Fuel Off Road Warp Beadlock (17” x 9”) wheels • Nitto Trail Grappler M/T (315/70/17) tires

Exterior:
Ford HD Modular front bumper customized for winch application • Ford custom rear bumper • Ford custom weekender front and rear fenders • Ford custom door replacement panel • Ford modified Badlands grille • Ford custom trail sights • Ford rock sliders with custom stirrup • Ford custom ‘soundwave’ graphics • WARN Industries Xenon 10S winch • RIGID lights • Bestop Trektop soft top roof with sides removed • GoPro Max • HiLift jack • Ford Bronco dune flag mounted on custom bracket

Interior:
Ford Accessories (Soundbar on rear header by Harman / Off-road assistance kit by DC Safety / First Aid kit by DC Safety / Premium organizer kit by DC Safety) • Ford Bronco custom colored bolt heads • Ford custom 3D printed interior grab handles • Fire extinguisher • Ford custom BYOD bar with custom items • Marmot bags and tent

Built by: Special Projects, Inc. Plymouth, MI

Info from press release thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-auto-nights’-sema-show-special-webcast.9003/
  • The Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door Concept reveals Bronco’s modularity. This concept is built around one of the Bronco program’s customer-use scenarios, in which a comfortable Monday through Friday Bronco is converted for a weekend of extreme off-roading, and then back to stock Badlands spec for the week ahead. Instead of the potential damage to Bronco’s factory-equipped body parts, Bronco brand’s Built Wild innovative design process enabled the concept to have swappable front fenders and rear quarters. Easy to install before a trail ride, and removable, these concept accessory parts are made from robust and impact-ready materials that replace stock painted parts. And for a throwback cue to the first-generation Bronco U13 Roadster model, the Bronco features a tough stepover replacement panel for maximum thrill and open-air feeling instead of traditional doors. 3D-printed titanium parts strip weight and increase strength.

Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door SEMA Concept – First Live Pics! [Updated With Specs / Mods List] FB_IMG_1605721601479

The build looks cool but I'm going to ask the obvious question. Why add a "Chassis 4WP 2” adjustable Performance Suspension" lift and stick with the stock tire size (315/70/17)?

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh.. I am fully aware this is SEMA... but again..showing soft tops on 2 door, etc... It’s just the straw man... (see green Filson, Overland, fishing, etc)... I get the hype. Ford is selling the dream that their product is cool and just wait until the aftermarket kicks in... I fully get the business... but they F’d up the fundamentals.
You mean by letting us see how the sausage is made like no other manufacturer has ever done before? And offering more aggressive gears, equipment, tires, and powertrain options than the comparable Wrangler? And, those removable fenders and quarter panels. Those suck. And a new ordering and reservation system they've never done before. And offering a blank slate with air conditioning and Sync 4 for $28,500. Yup. This thing is effed.

Sponsored

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol at the dudes creating rigs like this in the future. This is aimed squarely at former H2 owners.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sema is as Sema does. I think there are several very cool things happening here. I dig seeing more 2-doors.

Suspension: really looking forward to what Ford Performance or the aftermarket comes up with.

Easy swap fenders: we knew this was coming, cool concept. Kinda like building a sleeper. I like it.

Light pods: mounting lights on the windshield is kinda cool old school look. I had not thought about that location. I’m NOT a light bar guy and prefer to keep aftermarket lights to a minimum & mounted below the hood line to avoid glare. But cool. Side note, almost all the test mules we’ve seen are missing the cap that covers this spot. ?

highlift mount: not bad, but it better be dinosaur strong so it stays in place if there’s an accident.

Overall this might be the first concept I’ve seen that’s appropriately placed aka shown. Because it’s Sema, not a consumer event where people just want to see the “new Bronco”. It’s all about venue. I say well done.

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You mean by letting us see how the sausage is made like no other manufacturer has ever done before? And offering more aggressive gears, equipment, tires, and powertrain options than the comparable Wrangler? And, those removable fenders and quarter panels. Those suck. And a new ordering and reservation system they've never done before. And offering a blank slate with air conditioning and Sync 4 for $28,500. Yup. This thing is effed.
Missing my point a little bit. Like i said, I am still buying... I am not trying to S&*# on ford... they did do a lot right... but have their stumbling blocks. I was not asking to see how the sausage is made... but communicating on why you can’t have PPF or mid package isn’t too much to ask for.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

do the seats not lay flat...?