BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be much more demand for the SAS suspension components as opposed to the Badlands. Especially since the SAS comes with the Bilstein shocks...

I've driven several jeeps with gearing that's slightly out of the "ideal" range for the tire size that's on them. Is it undrivable? No, far from it. But driving one with correct gearing is a much better all around experience.
BL uses near identical Bilstein's with a different internal bump stop. As a Jeep owner who's current JKU was not re-geared by the previous owner when they installed bigger tires (35's with factory 3.73's) I can tell you driving with less than ideal gearing sucks. I had planned on re-gearing the Jeep but just never got around to it. I do think that the 4.7's and 37's will be a good fit for a manual and an okay fit for the auto. If I decide to put the lift and 37's on my auto BL and not my manual BL I will give serious consideration to going up to 5.13's

This one is Sasquatch-ed, so auto
Doh! Not sure how that slipped my mind.

So it's a spacer lift with no upper arm change with geometry. Need to see parts. Looks like another non off road kit.
That's disappointing.
Sponsored

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a 2dr buyer, I really have no desire to go 37s.... but I think this really makes the 4 door look properly proportioned, whereas the 2 door looks proper with 35s.

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thought they were using prototype BDS kits ? interesting now it sounds like they could be beating BDS to market after they recently announced late q4 to early next year. I think I will wait for the full BDS kit but their builds , this one and everything they have shown so far has been pretty awesome. I'm happy to live within a few hours of them. Definitely gonna make a road trip once those painted fender flares of theirs are being sold , gonna need a set.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

BL uses near identical Bilstein's with a different internal bump stop. As a Jeep owner who's current JKU was not re-geared by the previous owner when they installed bigger tires (35's with factory 3.73's) I can tell you driving with less than ideal gearing sucks. I had planned on re-gearing the Jeep but just never got around to it. I do think that the 4.7's and 37's will be a good fit for a manual and an okay fit for the auto. If I decide to put the lift and 37's on my auto BL and not my manual BL I will give serious consideration to going up to 5.13's

Doh! Not sure how that slipped my mind.

That's disappointing.

PSST, one of the screen shots in this thread says the stage I kit includes spacers and UPPER control arms :) The stage II kit is new Fox stuff next year.

Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of notes on this. Jeep doesnt have a 10 spd auto, Jeep doesnt have twin turbos for low end on demand torque. Also if you go the 2.3/MT route you get the crawl gear anyways.
Jeeps have 8 speeds, and the additional gears in the tranny drastically help make up the "empty" space between gears that comes with improper gearing. There's people running JL's with 37/38s everyday for years with no issues on stock 4.10 gearing, and have said its perfectly reasonable. I was simply pointing out the price difference of the SAS package, the cost which you could make up for selling the SAS pieces, which in turn would give you a more ideal gear combination for larger tires for what I would estimate would be an additional $500. Personally I feel that price make sense for what you're getting.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with Maxlider Bros 4” lift kit with a -12 offset. No rubbing/clearance issues reported by owner (Erik Barnlund)

Note: Sasquatch package deletes the crash bar.

2021 Ford Bronco 37’s tires on MaxliderBros 4” lift kit  1.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco 37’s tires on MaxliderBros 4” lift kit  3.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco 37’s tires on MaxliderBros 4” lift kit  2.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco 37’s tires on MaxliderBros 4” lift kit  4.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco 37’s tires on MaxliderBros 4” lift kit  5.jpg
WHOA! Nailed it again Maxlider.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why have a SAS and take all of those components off? If you buy a SAS, aren't you spending money on suspension? Then just to take it off sounds crazy to me. Just buy the options (minus SAS) and then add the suspension. Save yourself @$1k ish.

You are forgetting that the Squatch also includes .......

1. Cast iron differential. Stronger than aluminum non-squatch.

2. Electronic locker. open diff in the non-squtach.

3. 4.70 gears. big help if you want 35/37''s.

I see many people here saying this and for the record ....

Squatch is NOT just tires, wheels, and coilovers.
Only a badlands is just wheels and tires when you squatch.

That axle means ALOT if you want to wheel the Bronco with big tires.

Sponsored

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love it.

This appears to have a much better spacing from tire to wheel well which the SAS should have had in the first place.

BamaBronc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You are forgetting that the Squatch also includes .......

1. Cast iron differential. Stronger than aluminum non-squatch.

2. Electronic locker. open diff in the non-squtach.

3. 4.70 gears. big help if you want 35/37''s.

I see many people here saying this and for the record ....

Squatch is NOT just tires, wheels, and coilovers.
Only a badlands is just wheels and tires when you squatch.

That axle means ALOT if you want to wheel the Bronco with big tires.
I understand what your saying, but my point is those axles can be upgraded for a fraction of the SAS in most cases. The money for SAS IS mainly the suspension, wheels, tires.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, now I'm in a bind. I was waiting for 2022 orders due to my BL Mansquatch order, but a setup similar to this is my end goal.

Soooo tempted nkw to pull the trigger on a non-squatched BL manual.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, now I'm in a bind. I was waiting for 2022 orders due to my BL Mansquatch desire, but a setup similar to this is my end goal.

Soooo tempted now to pull the trigger on a non-squatched BL manual.