First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it was a factory sasquatch, and got all that yanked out and replaced with a 4" lift that would be 4" on a base? Assuming all new coilovers all around?
Factory SAS is the only way you can get the 4.71 gearing which is super important for preventing the vehicle from hunting for a gear while cruising down the freeway at 70+ in a headwind. In this Stage 1 kit, we do not use Fox coil overs…those will come later this year in the Stage 2 kit!
Sponsored

Maxlider Brothers Customs

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought they were using prototype BDS kits ? interesting now it sounds like they could be beating BDS to market after they recently announced late q4 to early next year. I think I will wait for the full BDS kit but their builds , this one and everything they have shown so far has been pretty awesome. I'm happy to live within a few hours of them. Definitely gonna make a road trip once those painted fender flares of theirs are being sold , gonna need a set.
We have a very close relationship with BDS/Zone/Fox and this first Stage 1 kit is actually a combo of their brands. We have over 100 2021 Bronco build reservations to fill so we had to come to market with something ASAP.

When ready, we will put the Stage 2 kit on all of our builds which includes some rad Fox coil overs on all 4 corners! (Available later this year or Q1 2022).

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have a very close relationship with BDS/Zone/Fox and this first Stage 1 kit is actually a combo of their brands. We have over 100 2021 Bronco build reservations to fill so we had to come to market with something ASAP.

When ready, we will put the Stage 2 kit on all of our builds which includes some rad Fox coil overs on all 4 corners! (Available later this year or Q1 2022).
First of all , it's awesome how responsive you guys are on this forum. Just makes it feel like we are in this together. I've said it before but again , I'm a big fan of you guys , and I look forward to everything you do and can't wait for some of there parts to hit the market . After the news today, I'll have a stack of parts in my garage waiting to be installed by the time it shows up early next year . I'm excited to see what everyone does with their Broncos , its gonna be a fun ride once Ford gets their shit together.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My BFG KO2 34x10.5 tires only measured 33" inches new. A search on the 37" KO2 shows 36" mounted and 35.5" bearing vehicle weight. Any idea what these tires actually measure?

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Factory SAS is the only way you can get the 4.71 gearing which is super important for preventing the vehicle from hunting for a gear while cruising down the freeway at 70+ in a headwind. In this Stage 1 kit, we do not use Fox coil overs…those will come later this year in the Stage 2 kit!
Let’s say I went with non SAS on the BL getting 4.46 gears and planned this exact upgrade later without regearing. How bad of a choice is this?

Sponsored

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First of all , it's awesome how responsive you guys are on this forum. Just makes it feel like we are in this together. I've said it before but again , I'm a big fan of you guys , and I look forward to everything you do and can't wait for some of there parts to hit the market . After the news today, I'll have a stack of parts in my garage waiting to be installed by the time it shows up early next year . I'm excited to see what everyone does with their Broncos , its gonna be a fun ride once Ford gets their shit together.
Appreciated! We are just genuine Bronco geeks living out our life’s calling!

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My BFG KO2 34x10.5 tires only measured 33" inches new. A search on the 37" KO2 shows 36" mounted and 35.5" bearing vehicle weight. Any idea what these tires actually measure?
I’ll have to measure when it stops pouring or I get back to the shop.

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s say I went with non SAS on the BL getting 4.46 gears and planned this exact upgrade later without regearing. How bad of a choice is this?
We haven’t gotten to do that specific test on that specific setup yet but I would be slightly nervous. If you don’t do SAS, what will you do for fender flares to get coverage? These tires SHRED the side of your Bronco with shrapnel!

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd love to do a stage 2 on the 2 Door I probably won't see until M.Y '23, but I only have an 80 inch tall garage access. A Stage 1 on a SaS anything will put it roughly 79.5 inches with a hard top (if my memory serves me right), and that leaves me no wiggle room. 😨

Sponsored

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it's a spacer lift with no upper arm change with geometry. Need to see parts. Looks like another non off road kit. FUN HAVER did it right. If you want 37 to wheel off road.
Includes UCA’s in our Stage 1 kit in the photos. The Stage 2 kit (available later this year) will have full Fox coil overs on all 4 corners.

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL uses near identical Bilstein's with a different internal bump stop. As a Jeep owner who's current JKU was not re-geared by the previous owner when they installed bigger tires (35's with factory 3.73's) I can tell you driving with less than ideal gearing sucks. I had planned on re-gearing the Jeep but just never got around to it. I do think that the 4.7's and 37's will be a good fit for a manual and an okay fit for the auto. If I decide to put the lift and 37's on my auto BL and not my manual BL I will give serious consideration to going up to 5.13's

Doh! Not sure how that slipped my mind.

That's disappointing.
Definitely includes UCA’s!

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We haven’t gotten to do that specific test on that specific setup yet but I would be slightly nervous. If you don’t do SAS, what will you do for fender flares to get coverage? These tires SHRED the side of your Bronco with shrapnel!
That is a fantastic point for a newbie. Likely I’ll wait a few more months to save for SAS and the coil over and 37s, do an install right out the gate and sell the SAS suspension and tires to help make up the difference. Y’all aren’t too far away from where I’m ordering either!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to see this on a 2 door keep me excited about my 2024? Basemansquatch if Ford ever builds it
Sponsored