Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a person who ordered a wildtrak, highly debating switching to a badlands but more so just looking for a reason to switch..videos like this make me want to switch
I used to have a Wildtrak on order but changed it to badlands. Now that I’ve been to the off-roadeo And wheeled it, I’m happy with my decision. The MGV is great, and the sway bar is in fact really helpful.
Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with both of you. I’m not sure why you would need the disconnect under load either. I’ve been trying to figure out a scenario where you wouldn’t have already disconnected from the get go.

Makes you wonder what they are telling novices at the off rodeo.
I’ve been wheeling for the last 33 years as a driver…. I can say I did my first west runs this year, on rock. And I found the in can disconnect on my wife’s rubicon worth it.

i can also say living in south Louisiana there’s plenty of storms and floods and such that I like the idea of the disconnect from the cab and reconnect.
As I get older I enjoy some of those creature comforts

driving down the road, taking a ditch, then back on the road to avails things does happen.

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We have both also and I couldn't have said it better myself . The 392 is adrenaline rush to drive
But with that being said we've had it for six months and only 1500 miles and the bronco for two months with 4500 miles because we just enjoy taking it out with a family of four all the time it rides so nice. We are diehard jeep people and don't consider to be traders LOL but if I have to sell one it would probably be the 392 right now

Exactly. We have had our 392 since April 1 and have 10,000 miles. The Bronco we have had for 3 weeks, but only have 1000 miles. I asked my wife if she had to pick only one and she said Bronco. For me, I am a little more torn but do lean toward Bronco in almost every category

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Badlands with Rubicon. 392 with (eventual) Raptor. Anything else is just a waste of time clickbait.
IDK if it's a waste of time. Compare the Badlands to the 392 Rubi, then compare the BRaptor to the 392 when it's available. That way we could see the difference in ability of the Badlands vs BRaptor

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own both and even I won't compare these beasts with people. They are so different, but hand down the Bronco will appeal to more people due to comfort, size, and technology. On the trails there are many more variables to consider.
Either in a stick?

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People need to get past the whole "Sway bar disconnect under load" crap. what a gimmick,
Anyone that has wheeled more than once knows that you understand why you are out on the trails so you always air down, disconnect whatever type disconnect you have for your sway bar from the very start. Most of the time you switch to 4low as well to save stress on the engine and tranny. People act like its the coolest thing since rocky trails.
Actually it's pretty nice. Ever had to lay in the snow or mud and try to disconnect a sway bar AND the ground's not level?
Sounds like you are trying to justify not getting a Badlands...

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually it's pretty nice. Ever had to lay in the snow or mud and try to disconnect a sway bar AND the ground's not level?
No sir. You must not have been planning ahead. I am getting the Badlands. But people get all wet when they have it in a jam and then disconnect. It's like their orgasm or something. I dig the sway bar disconnect. Just disconnect at the trail head on level ground lol. OMG it's not so hard. I remember seeing Chevy commercials about auto locking hubs: Guy in Chevy gets into a deep mud hole starts to get stuck, then engages 4WD and goes on thru. Along come Ford driver same scenario but has to exit the truck to lock in his hubs. My take is lock in the hubs ahead of time where you have more of a clean spot.
My Jeeps have had sway bar disconnect and I wheel all the time,...I've never been in a spot where I've needed to do it under load. Gimmick. Trip planning, forethought, no big trick.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No sir. You must not have been planning ahead. I am getting the Badlands. But people get all wet when they have it in a jam and then disconnect. It's like their orgasm or something. I dig the sway bar disconnect. Just disconnect at the trail head on level ground lol. OMG it's not so hard. I remember seeing Chevy commercials about auto locking hubs: Guy in Chevy gets into a deep mud hole starts to get stuck, then engages 4WD and goes on thru. Along come Ford driver same scenario but has to exit the truck to lock in his hubs. My take is lock in the hubs ahead of time where you have more of a clean spot.
My Jeeps have had sway bar disconnect and I wheel all the time,...I've never been in a spot where I've needed to do it under load. Gimmick. Trip planning, forethought, no big trick.
So you just think the disconnect part under load is a gimmick? If so I agree to a point. If their system lets me disconnect when on uneven ground- that's great!
I do agree that any "real" offroader disconnects and airs down before he starts the trail.
Pretty soon I guess they will have an automatic air down feature for the tires as well- Put in the rock crawl goat mode and it airs down the tires, locks the lockers, disconnects the swaybar and it's just as well to drive it for you. LOL

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you ever plan to drive more than 5 miles on a road go Bronco - but the sound of that big (ridiculously big and high priced) V8 is a dream.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

He didn’t say it wasn’t worth having, he essentially said, if you are going off roading, you should have aired down and disconnected from the get go. Not waiting till you are on an obstacle with your wheels off the ground.

I’m fairly certain that we can all agree, electronic or hydraulic, auto disconnect features are the cats ass, since you don’t have to crawl under the rig to do it.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Decent review for what it is. Nothing really new however. He’s not wrong as it’s pretty clear at this point that the Bronco is better as an all around vehicle which was the goal using IFS. Jeep is slightly better off-road with articulation and nimbleness.

At this point it’s going to come down to how durable the Bronco will be. Jeep with it’s FSA is pretty stout. If the Bronco can hold up and be reliable it will clearly be better all around and only be slightly bettered on rock crawling.

I really want to see them do an in depth review of both of them doing all things hard core off-road together. It won’t tell much we don’t already know but it would be fun to see the slight differences. As that’s all it is at this point as we wait to see how durable the Bronco is.

The Bronco didn’t need to beat Jeep at off-road capabilities but I am impressed with just how close it comes to doing that. The differences are pretty insignificant and the Bronco is clearly better on road and with tech.

Reactions: abe

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

People talk about the price difference, but the wrangler 392 is MUCH easier to obtain right now and most people would probably earn the difference in cost before receiving their Bronco.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Replace sway bar with TV remote and I'm pretty sure I heard my grandpa have the same argument 50 years ago...
Sponsored