coneil

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a person who ordered a wildtrak, highly debating switching to a badlands but more so just looking for a reason to switch..videos like this make me want to switch
Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Badlands with Rubicon. 392 with (eventual) Raptor. Anything else is just a waste of time clickbait.
I do not think the 392 was ever ment to be a Raptor competitor. It was a quick reaction when they thought the V6 HP and Torque would make the Bronco super fast but they misjudge the weight to HP. The 392 is just a wrangler Rubicon with a V8. Jeep does not have anything ment to go after the Raptor and I do not see a reason to. TRX is really the one ment for that. Now if they take TRX parts like the hellcat motor and rear axle suspension then add long arms to the front as well as long travel shocks then it would be a Raptor competitor but not really the Wrangler customer.

Last edited:

Sept28hire

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK n JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People need to get past the whole "Sway bar disconnect under load" crap. what a gimmick,
Anyone that has wheeled more than once knows that you understand why you are out on the trails so you always air down, disconnect whatever type disconnect you have for your sway bar from the very start. Most of the time you switch to 4low as well to save stress on the engine and tranny. People act like its the coolest thing since rocky trails.
Because those people have never been on a rock before

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a person who ordered a wildtrak, highly debating switching to a badlands but more so just looking for a reason to switch..videos like this make me want to switch
When I went to OffRodeo in Moab, I was in a Wildtrak, and I must say I was jealous of those driving the Badlands when I saw how much smoother they went over the rutted roads and rocks with that sway bar disconnected. Made me glad I ordered a Badlands

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The old man gave the best comment of the whole video IMO:

There's nothing wrong with spending your money on fun!

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

Because those people have never been on a rock before
I agree with both of you. I’m not sure why you would need the disconnect under load either. I’ve been trying to figure out a scenario where you wouldn’t have already disconnected from the get go.

Makes you wonder what they are telling novices at the off rodeo.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with both of you. I’m not sure why you would need the disconnect under load either. I’ve been trying to figure out a scenario where you wouldn’t have already disconnected from the get go.

Even on pretty much flat wash board road you should air down and disconnect right away. The ride is sooooooooo much better. sometimes the good part of the trail is five miles out. May as well enjoy the ride more smoothly.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People need to get past the whole "Sway bar disconnect under load" crap. what a gimmick,
Anyone that has wheeled more than once knows that you understand why you are out on the trails so you always air down, disconnect whatever type disconnect you have for your sway bar from the very start. Most of the time you switch to 4low as well to save stress on the engine and tranny. People act like its the coolest thing since rocky trails.
Let's also throw in the fact that while lockers are a fantastic piece of equipment, the actual need for them is overrated.
He who shall not be named (JL forum members know who I'm talking about) has a great video of a bone stock 2 door sport with open diffs and street tires going over some fairly impressive stuff - Driver mods are still the best. I figure links to his stuff aren't allowed on here either, so I'll leave it to the student to look it up...

The point is, these vehicles in base form will be able to go most anywhere you want, with the exception of extreme rock crawling.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would agree with this review! I personally don't like the solid axel off road because of the extra vibration it drives me crazy. The 392 in a Wrangler is just stupid and Jeep was caught with their pants down when Ford released the Bronco. I personally like all the tech that's in the new Bronco and hope to use all of it most of the time.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell even the streets in the town I live in, I'll run as low PSI as I can and disconnect.
Horrible streets here.

Sponsored

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What they taught this novice at off roadeo is that in most cases all i need is 4LO and a good spotter. I three wheeled it over several rock obstacles with no lockers engaged or swaybar disconnected. I was going to buy a badlands until that day. Today i just reordered my Black Diamond for MY22. It'll be more than capable for my off roading needs.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
funny and true.............................and ....................funny
Sponsored