Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I went to OffRodeo in Moab, I was in a Wildtrak, and I must say I was jealous of those driving the Badlands when I saw how much smoother they went over the rutted roads and rocks with that sway bar disconnected. Made me glad I ordered a Badlands
Interesting, I just did the Moab off-roadeo in a badlands (On 33s), and I didn’t find a huge difference whether it was connected or not until I was at full flex.

Even then, lockers more then made up for not disconnecting, and on the faster portions it reconnects at 10mph anyways. By the end of it, I considered it a luxury, but not something I’m going to miss terribly with my basequatch order.
Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I can say is that my old Jeep with open diffs and lots of flex will go just as many places if not a few more than some IFS rigs with lockers. That's the only reason I bought my Jeep, cheap, crazy good off roadability. It was never my first choice, my first choices would have been a TRD Pro something or other, a Landcruiser, or something along those lines with better on road manners and lockers. After having this solid axle rig I truly appreciate what having two solid axles can do off road but... I would rather have a twin locked IFS rig.

That V8 on the other hand is kinda epic! I'm sure it would be pretty easy to crap oneself approaching a corner on road with a bit too much gusto.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People need to get past the whole "Sway bar disconnect under load" crap. what a gimmick,
Anyone that has wheeled more than once knows that you understand why you are out on the trails so you always air down, disconnect whatever type disconnect you have for your sway bar from the very start. Most of the time you switch to 4low as well to save stress on the engine and tranny. People act like its the coolest thing since rocky trails.
Okay, but have you ridden in a Badlands on a higher speed trail where the disconnect engages and disenagages at the 20 mph mark? It is actually very impressive, pretty sure you can’t do that in any other vehicle because you have always needed to be stationary and on flat ground. But go off.

BradenOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Wrangler, 21 Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I own both and even I won't compare these beasts with people. They are so different, but hand down the Bronco will appeal to more people due to comfort, size, and technology. On the trails there are many more variables to consider.
We have both also and I couldn't have said it better myself . The 392 is adrenaline rush to drive
But with that being said we've had it for six months and only 1500 miles and the bronco for two months with 4500 miles because we just enjoy taking it out with a family of four all the time it rides so nice. We are diehard jeep people and don't consider to be traders LOL but if I have to sell one it would probably be the 392 right now

Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

more powerful engine, but still the same old ugly ass jeep

Deleted member 13702

Okay, but have you ridden in a Badlands on a higher speed trail where the disconnect engages and disenagages at the 20 mph mark? It is actually very impressive, pretty sure you can’t do that in any other vehicle because you have always needed to be stationary and on flat ground. But go off.
Not going off, it’s a nice gimmick, but if you are picking the Bronco for the sway bar feature on the badlands because it will disconnect under load, it’s really not an advantage in any practical sense over the Rubicon.

Granted I will give you that the Badlands also has some other features that tip the scales to its favor for certain drivers and situations, such as trail turn assist, the forward facing trail cam, and marginally better on road driving dynamics.

Then again the Jeep has advantages in that the SFA makes for a more durable and robust drive and steering assembly, while also allowing for far greater articulation than the Bronco will ever be able to produce.

At the end of the day, Ford and Jeep have both produced some remarkable vehicles with very passionate followers. For me I don’t care what you drive, if you’re on the trail and having a good time it’s all that matters.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At the end of the day, Ford and Jeep have both produced some remarkable vehicles with very passionate followers. For me I don’t care what you drive, if you’re on the trail and having a good time it’s all that matters.
Damn straight!
It's not how you get into the wild - it's the fact that you've made the effort.
There's plenty of space out there for both of these icons...
Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands vs Jeep 392 Wrangler off-road trail drive comparison review [Truck King] Screenshot_20211026-174837_YouTube

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Isn't there a review out there comparing the Ford Bronco to the Bentley Bentayga? Hmmm. 🙄

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not going off, it’s a nice gimmick, but if you are picking the Bronco for the sway bar feature on the badlands because it will disconnect under load, it’s really not an advantage in any practical sense over the Rubicon.

Granted I will give you that the Badlands also has some other features that tip the scales to its favor for certain drivers and situations, such as trail turn assist, the forward facing trail cam, and marginally better on road driving dynamics.

Then again the Jeep has advantages in that the SFA makes for a more durable and robust drive and steering assembly, while also allowing for far greater articulation than the Bronco will ever be able to produce.

I don’t think the term ‘gimmick’ is the best word for the Bronco’s stabar disconnect. Why? Because it actually works as they say it will. A gimmick is something that tricks you, like something that works on tv but is actually crappy in real life. I would say this is more of a refined version of what the Jeep has, in a sense. Sure, the solid front axle is nice in a Wrangler, but my original reply was directly related to the SBD that was being slighted. It works as intended and is super convenient with the push of a button.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can get 7k off of the 392, and you probably have to pay 10k ADM on a Bronco. I think a Sasquatch badlands is pretty comparable in price at the end of the day. At least for now.
My Bronco Badland 2.7 loaded sasquatch was $58,000. My cancelled 392 was gonna cost $76,000. To me $18,000 was too much just for the v8.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coworker has a 392 and let me drive it a bit. I can tell you one thing...it puts a huge grin on your face!

It sounds mean and accelerates like no Jeep or Bronco I have ever driven. Feels almost unlimited in power really. But what are you gonna do with the power? Tow? No. He has a 4K lb. camper trailer that it can't handle going down hill or over 60 mph. He even added air bags and a weight distributing hitch. Race other Jeeps? I guess. Beat Broncos at stoplights? Sure. Have a headache and hearing loss later in life? Definitely.

It is awesome, but... if you had to have it as a daily driver it would be annoying IMO. It is just obnoxiously loud even with the exhaust valves closed. Every time he pulls out out from work everyone looks even though he has had it since June, and realize its him in his 392. Loud, hella fast but everyday? Nah. If I had an extra $80k laying around that you were going to burn or buy a boat then sure, but it is just ridiculous for a one quiver garage.

Go to 14:20 on the video timestamp and that is exactly the one and only thing that the 392 gets you...which is admittingly awesome but worth and extra $39K+?
Sponsored

Last edited: