Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't believe the Rubicon doesn't have more under carriage protection.

Can't wait until the 7-speed Sasquatch comparisons are out!

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some situations, seemed like the Bronco's IFS gave it a little more traction like in test #2 (at the expense of durability compared to a SFA)

Can't believe the Rubicon doesn't have more under carriage protection.
I had to rewind to compare just how exposed the Wrangler's underbody appeared compared to the Bronco. Caught me by surprise.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They put me to sleep too.

Sponsored

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Very equal in off-road capability", but one is a little better on the street, and looks better too.

The 2 dr manual badlands is my rig!! Best Bronco model imo.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some situations, seemed like the Bronco's IFS gave it a little more traction like in test #2 (at the expense of durability compared to a SFA)
I hope that was sarcasm?? My buddy's 2021 Rubicon has broken at least 2, and maybe even 3 axles already. I don't expect the Bronco to be bullet proof, but the IFS with it's inherent flexibility will tend to bend before catastrophically breaking like the solid axle Jeep. The solid axle does give better articulation and can be built super strong, but don't confuse those rigs with Jeep's running stock wimpy parts.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yup, that’s me in the Bronco. It originallyhad a buildweek of 6/7, ended up getting built 7/15 then stuck on dirt mountain and arrived to the dealership 10/29.
good video, maybe use a little heavy-metal next time :) Hope you're feeling better

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good video, I actually prefer the more calm and measured presentation. Probably the best comparison I've seen yet, and these are good real-world examples. The comparison of the traction control on the loose hill was my favorite--the Bronco does seem to have really great traction control, and there have been some other comparison videos against other makes that seem to have shown a similar result, so I believe it. Many times lockers aren't needed, and all it takes is a little bit of momemtum and a good traction control system.

Sponsored

mrnoodley

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2018 JL, 2020 Gladiator, 2021 2dr Badland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good video, maybe use a little heavy-metal next time :) Hope you're feeling better
I appreciate that. I'll pass that on to Lee, it's his YT channel, he just asked me if I'd mind bringing out the Badlands to compare with the JL he had lined up for the day.

Lee's more of a Toyota guy personally, has a very nice 4runner and Tundra. We met a while back on the trail and have stayed in touch over the years. Super nice guy and I was happy to come out and help him with the video.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate that. I'll pass that on to Lee, it's his YT channel, he just asked me if I'd mind bringing out the Badlands to compare with the JL he had lined up for the day.

Lee's more of a Toyota guy personally, has a very nice 4runner and Tundra. We met a while back on the trail and have stayed in touch over the years. Super nice guy and I was happy to come out and help him with the video.
Thanks for taking the time. Looks like you were out in PA. Quite the drive...

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Found this on YouTube.
Lots of comparison tests
Thought some of y’all may find it interesting.

Zen Off road driving. The zen and art of driving off road. BTW - the Bronco won. No skid plates on the Rubicon? WTF

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nice vid, but damn that guys voice sounds like a meditation instructor
Off roading and ASMR is not a combo I expected to be seeing to say the least. But I’ll absolutely take this over the selfie stick screaming into the camera with dubstep playing over far louder then other other parts of the video. Gave his take, provided good information, and had decent camera angles.
And, honestly, who cares?
The same people who care about the F-150 vs Silverado, Mustang vs Camaro, STI vs EVO, etc. Might be a measuring contest and we’ll all have our preferences but it’s neat to see.

mrnoodley

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2018 JL, 2020 Gladiator, 2021 2dr Badland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for taking the time. Looks like you were out in PA. Quite the drive...
I'm in NJ along the shore, 2.5-3hrs from the central PA OR parks (Tausch Creek, AOAA, FRO). I try to get out at least once a month or so.
Sponsored