First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Push button disconnect in my JL Rubicon works great. I am ordering my bronco tomorrow and and getting the badlands because of this feature.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not hydraulic. You still need to get underneath to disconnect this electric unit. It also doesn't automatically reconnect at 20 mph.

You will save over $2k, by pricing alongside the Wildtrak, to hit the VALUE comparison that you claimed was important to you. Rather than being honest about a comparative search, you ske everyone to validate YOUR decision for a comparison vehicle. You attempt to fool all these good people on Bronco6g, by skewing the value concept!!!
Rubicon has electronic disconnect and it auto connects and discounts while engaged based upon speed disconnecting under 18miles an hour and reconnecting over 18 miles an hour. All other models of Jeep you have to get out and climb under your vehicle. The wrangler can not disconnect under load. So if you decide half way thru an obstacle that you should have discoā€™d your screwed.. you need semi level ground.. bronco can have a tire in the air and still disconnect

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have had 3 jeeps .. and yes the solid axle is a beast but to be honest my rig with 35s on it drives like a super world class high performance racing tractor.. you give up a lot in daily drivability for the solid axle... and the bronco has achieved 90% of the articulation a stock rubicon achieves. And the raptor runs a very similar ifs system and can do 120 miles an hour across off-road terrain with out it breaking. I really am actually buying a bronco instead of another Jeep for the IFS system.. it should do very well in the rocks as it has better approach and departure angles, shorter wheel base, more ground clearance, and is with in 90% of rubicon articulation. Also the bronco had about 100lbs more torque comparing the two v6 engines. Unless you are planning on extensive modifications like 15k plus dollars, to build a purpose built rock crawling speciality dream vehicle, then the ifs is solid.. otherwise upgrading ifs will be more expensive then upgrading the solid axl.. so advantage there to the Jeep.. also you may see some increase in down force on your contact tire from the solid axl vehicle that would be as significant as the ifs system. But 90% of us will be driving on the road 99% of the time, and when we do wheel 97% will be river beds, dunes, washboard fire roads, and intermediate trails.. where the ifs will shine with a faster smoother ride , with better tire contact latch forward r traction.. I am actually super excited about have a true off-road ifs vehicle..

Sponsored
OP
OP
DubleDown

DubleDown

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 911S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:

Order Report:

Today was my appointment to order from Crossroads Ford in Fuquay-Varina. I had purchased a F150 a couple years ago and they were fair. That changed today on the Bronco.

Back in July when I made my reservation (7/26), Before choosing them as my closest dealer, I called and asked if they would be marking the Bronco up over MSRP. They said no. Just MSRP and $695 Doc Free. Being this was very early in the process, and I hadn't heard of any discounts; I thought that was fair. I chose them for my reservation.

After going through the configuration process, I asked to confirm the deal, and salesman says, Yes, it will be MSRP, Doc Free and, Oh by the way, all new Bronco we sell come with the Ford Protect Exterior and Interior Protection Plan for an additional $497.

High margin add-ons are just simple markup. I think it was disingenuous to tell me it was MSRP, then on the day of I show up to order, say it will be $500 more for the bottles of "protectant". I told him I was not interested in the add-on. He told me it was compulsory. I told him I was not interested. We went round a few times. We agreed we were at an impasse. So I walked out.

I have changed my reservation to Stephens Auto Center Ford in Danville, WV. I spoke to John who is handling the Bronco orders.

His deal is $1000 BELOW Invoice plus $250 DOC. Totally blowing Crossroads Ford F-V out the water.

It is likely I will end up with a 2022 since we are well passed Stephens' 2021 allocation. But, worth it to save thousands

The Ford phone number is 800-334-4375. It is painless.

To be clear, it's not the fake add-on product that bothers, me. If they had lead with that in July, I may have agreed. It's the say one-thing, then later, when they know you are emotionally attached, try to sneak in more profit.

Crossroads Ford Fuquay-Varina has lost my business permanently.

I am sure they will sell all their allocation even with the mark-up. And make good money doing it. However, dealerships like Granger and Stephens are taking a different approach. Get lots of orders, increase their allocation for 2022.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was contemplating the same thing, almost...Badlands and a Rubicon. What I did find out is that if you order a Jeep the exact way you want it you can get it for invoice...and if you are a Tread Lightly member that gets you 1-4% (some said up to 7%) below invoice. My build came out to 55600 or so, and my actual price will be 50,700 (the dealer will do 4% off). It is a 500 refundable deposit.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update:

Order Report:

Today was my appointment to order from Crossroads Ford in Fuquay-Varina. I had purchased a F150 a couple years ago and they were fair. That changed today on the Bronco.

Back in July when I made my reservation (7/26), Before choosing them as my closest dealer, I called and asked if they would be marking the Bronco up over MSRP. They said no. Just MSRP and $695 Doc Free. Being this was very early in the process, and I hadn't heard of any discounts; I thought that was fair. I chose them for my reservation.

After going through the configuration process, I asked to confirm the deal, and salesman says, Yes, it will be MSRP, Doc Free and, Oh by the way, all new Bronco we sell come with the Ford Protect Exterior and Interior Protection Plan for an additional $497.

High margin add-ons are just simple markup. I think it was disingenuous to tell me it was MSRP, then on the day of I show up to order, say it will be $500 more for the bottles of "protectant". I told him I was not interested in the add-on. He told me it was compulsory. I told him I was not interested. We went round a few times. We agreed we were at an impasse. So I walked out.

I have changed my reservation to Stephens Auto Center Ford in Danville, WV. I spoke to John who is handling the Bronco orders.

His deal is $1000 BELOW Invoice plus $250 DOC. Totally blowing Crossroads Ford F-V out the water.

It is likely I will end up with a 2022 since we are well passed Stephens' 2021 allocation. But, worth it to save thousands

To be clear, it's not the fake add-on product that bothers, me. If they had lead with that in July, I may have agreed. It's the say one-thing, then later, when they know you are emotionally attached, try to sneak in more profit.

I am sure they will sell all their allocation even with the mark-up. And make good money doing it. However, dealerships like Granger and Stephens are taking a different approach. Get lots of orders, increase their allocation for 2022.
Good for you for walking out. You at least tried to talk them back and they wouldnā€™t move so you took your reservation and left. And Stephens is great.

OP
OP
DubleDown

DubleDown

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 911S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order Update:

Order Confirmed with Stephens Auto Center
Ford email confirmed order as well.
Queue Tom Petty's " The Waiting"
Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands vs Wrangler Rubicon: Head to Head Comparison Series - Beginning With Ordering download

Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands vs Wrangler Rubicon: Head to Head Comparison Series - Beginning With Ordering Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 4.38.37 PM

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update:

Order Report:

Danville is only 4 hours from me, but if he is over his MY21 allocation my day 1 reservation might not get me a Bronco this year. So how does a place like Granger get people to switch? I thought perhaps Ford would give more weight to the time stamp and not the dealer allocation. Iā€™m sure this has been discussed on multiple threads but Iā€™ve read so much already...šŸ˜¬

OP
OP
DubleDown

DubleDown

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 911S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Danville is only 4 hours from me, but if he is over his MY21 allocation my day 1 reservation might not get me a Bronco this year. So how does a place like Granger get people to switch? I thought perhaps Ford would give more weight to the time stamp and not the dealer allocation. Iā€™m sure this has been discussed on multiple threads but Iā€™ve read so much already...šŸ˜¬
I think the time stamp matters a lot. But if there is more orders in at that dealer with an earlier timestamp in their order queue, then it will go over the allocation. The thing is, as people switch over with very early timestamps, it pushes others lower on the list.

I could have got a 2021 with a different dealer, but it would have cost me $4K+. For some, that is OK. For me, saving a few thousand is worth the wait. As this shakes out, there may be some other dealers that pop up with good deals that are still in their allocation.
Sponsored