First Name
MIke
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek, Subaru Ascent, BMW K1600B
Clubs

Like the other folks, the Badlands seems the more natural comparison option to me. Why did you choose Wildtrack? In what environments do you hope to compare the two?

I'm not far from you, based on your profile info. How are folks supposed to follow along? Are you just a private buyer like other folks here, or do you represent some group or organization? Is there a website or YouTube channel to monitor?

Advertisement

Stetser33

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Interested in following your experience.

You're hamstringing the Bronco capability-wise ordering the Wildtrak instead of the Badlands IMO.

eTorque will be interesting going over rocks.

I'm confused, what exactly makes the Badlands more capable then the Wildtrak other then the sway bar disconnect? Plus the sasquach package is an add on for the badlands and standard on the wilttrak.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '17 Civic, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Looking forward to this.

Not to get this too far off-topic, but for those in the BL is a better off-roader than the WT, what am I missing other than the sway bar disco (which is primarily a rock crawling thing)?

They're adding the bash plates in the WT build.

Squatch

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Jeep
I'm confused, what exactly makes the Badlands more capable then the Wildtrak other then the sway bar disconnect? Plus the sasquach package is an add on for the badlands and standard on the wilttrak.
Looking forward to this.

Not to get this too far off-topic, but for those in the BL is a better off-roader than the WT, what am I missing other than the sway bar disco (which is primarily a rock crawling thing)?

They're adding the bash plates in the WT build.

To paraphrase: What's the difference except the single most important difference?

Werkedperformance

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 FX4 Level 2
Ford benchmarked against Rubicon, bronco beats it in every spec. The bronco ride alongs from KOH answer it all, no comparison. Bronco trumps jeep. Solid axle just got the nail in its coffin.

I say second GEN Warthog goes IFS and IRS.

NoleDawg

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Clubs

I may have missed it, 2dr or 4dr?

I’m also interested in how this goes. I’m likely a MY22 and my wife very much wants a Rubicon now rather than waiting until next year. I’m currently a 2dr Bronco order but I’d have to get a 4Dr Rubicon as the 2dr just isn’t comfortable (I’m 6’4”).

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '17 Civic, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
To paraphrase: What's the difference except the single most important difference?
For a pretty specific use case, sure. I'll bet a SAS Base will wheel to 99% of where a SAS BL will go. It'll just do it on 3 tires more often, LOL.

Sway bar disco re-connects at 20mph, most of my forest service road, beach bombing, snow driving is greater than 20mph. Put manual discos on the Bronco, Done!

Raptor911

Wildtrak
First Name
Raptor911
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor, 2018 BMW M2
shouldn't your Wildtrak build come to $57,715?

1612886230208.png

Last edited:

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement