First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t really see how this can be a good comparison since the “Built Wild” option is only available on the Bronco. This particular feature is not available on any Jeeps I’m aware of.

Also.....Wildtrak ?
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I rode in a Wildtrak (WT) and a Badlands (BL) at KoH last week. BL rode MUCH smoother 0-20mph with the sway bar disconnected. Above 20mph the BL & WT rode the same. It solidified my decision to order the BL. Plus no Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) or rubber floors in the WT...deal breakers for me.
Makes sense. Thanks for sharing

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised more people don't realize this. Sway bar disco is great on pretty much any trail, not just the rocks.
I completely agree. I feel like it's the same handful of people trying to explain how nice disconnecting the sway bar (whether it's hydraulic or manual) really is. First time I did it in my JKU it was like riding on a cloud. It got even better after I threw 35's on there and upgraded the suspension.

I cannot recommend disconnecting for any trail use enough! If you disconnect manually, just use caution if you are on trails that allow for higher speeds. There is a reason that the sway bar engages at 20mph on the Badlands and First Editions.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I must have, I thought you were referring to the drive modes. Have a great day!

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it just me or do all of the OP's post sound like they are coming from some sort of collective?

we will be ordering
We will be doing
This is our best shot
We have a few days
will join us
we are we are a 7/26 reservation
We are not sure
one of our first
Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands vs Wrangler Rubicon: Head to Head Comparison Series - Beginning With Ordering 1612891232449

09b0bdfc-dd28-4874-8aad-285bf068180d.jpg

Sponsored

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the next few days we will be ordering our new Bronco Wildtrak AND a Wrangler Rubicon. We will be doing a series of comparisons starting with the ordering process culminating with off/on-road performance testing. We are trying to match the options as close as possible to do a fair comparison.

The current status of this endeavor is we have an appointment to order our Bronco 2/15/2021. Based on feedback from the dealer on delivery, we will time our Wrangler order to arrive similarly.

It's difficult to make the vehicles exactly the same. And arguably different models may compare better. This is our best shot based on our reservation and personal preferences. It took quite a few options to make the Wrangler competitive with the Bronco. We have a few days before we need to lock in our Bronco and probably months before ordering the Wrangler, so any suggestions to make them more comparable are welcome (must be a WildTrak w/Lux). We have left a few options off both so we can compare adding those after delivery (i.e. winches, lifts, 37-40"" tires, tire carrier, leather)

Here is our configurations:

2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrack
LUX Package $3,590
Modular Bumper $825
Hardtop Headliner $495
Towing $595
Rock Rails $595
$57,070

2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Red Paint $245
Front Camera $595
Black Hard Top $1,395
8.4 Nav with Alpine Premium Audio $1,895
Hard Top Headliner $525
Remote Start $495
Keyless Entry $545
Advanced Safety $795
Safety Group $895
Trailer-Tow $795
LED Lighting $1,295
Steel Bumper Group $1,645
Cold Weather Group $995
3.6L Engine $1,500
8-Speed Trans $1,500
Rock-Trac 4WD $695
$59,025

So the first comparison is value. the vehicles are coming in within a couple thousand dollars. The Bronco edging out the Rubicon. However, due to launch demand for the Bronco, our actual cost (after dealer discounts) for the Jeep is likely to be several thousand dollars below MSRP bringing is line with the Bronco, if not less. There have been plenty of feature and spec comparisons on this forum, so I won't repeat those in this post.

We will be doing head-to-head / side-by-side comparisons on individual aspects of each vehicle and the experience as a whole. This includes the buying experience. Unfortunately, part of that experience involves waiting for Bronco production to meet demand. Ordering the Wrangler to coincide the timing with the Bronco will be tricky as our Ford dealership is reluctant to predict our delivery date.

I hope you will join us in this experiment and follow along on our progress.
I thought the Badlands was more comp to Rubicon? Am I wrong in that thinking?

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was a strange introduction. Who are you/ we? Why are you doing this? YouTube? Blog? ... be cool to watch, even if I agree the Badlands would be a better match. Just a weird introduction...

Sponsored
OP
OP
DubleDown

DubleDown

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 911S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was a strange introduction. Who are you/ we? Why are you doing this? YouTube? Blog? ... be cool to watch, even if I agree the Badlands would be a better match. Just a weird introduction...
Greetings,

My daughter and I decided to do a project and pit the Bronco against the Wrangler. We each have a JLUR now. We are not the first to make these comparisons and I am sure not the last. We have been fleshing our the project while we wait for our Bronco order to come up. Ford Dealer called last week, so we are starting the process. She gets the Wrangler and I get the Bronco. We are not hard core off-roaders or multi-day overlanders, but do enjoy medium level excursions. This is about our journey. Our ownership experience. Our goals and comparisons may not meet everyone else's expectations. Although, we hope a few people are able to get some value out of it.

P.S. We have been convinced. Badlands it is.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings,

My daughter and I decided to do a project and pit the Bronco against the Wrangler. We each have a JLUR now. We are not the first to make these comparisons and I am sure not the last. We have been fleshing our the project while we wait for our Bronco order to come up. Ford Dealer called last week, so we are starting the process. She gets the Wrangler and I get the Bronco. We are not hard core off-roaders or multi-day overlanders, but do enjoy medium level excursions. This is about our journey. Our ownership experience. Our goals and comparisons may not meet everyone else's expectations. Although, we hope a few people are able to get some value out of it.

P.S. We have been convinced. Badlands it is.
thanks!... you should have opened with that, but maybe I missed it. : )

Sounds like a great experiment and experience for you and your daughter. I look forward to your reports and impressions. 👍

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree. The Badlands is a far more capable vehicle than the Wildtrack. The Badlands is also way more comparable to the Rubicon.
You do realize the only real difference in capability in a Badlands and a Wildtrak is the front sway bar disconnect, right? Your definition of far more capable seems....well a bit exaggerated.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the next few days we will be ordering our new Bronco Wildtrak AND a Wrangler Rubicon. We will be doing a series of comparisons starting with the ordering process culminating with off/on-road performance testing. We are trying to match the options as close as possible to do a fair comparison.

The current status of this endeavor is we have an appointment to order our Bronco 2/15/2021. Based on feedback from the dealer on delivery, we will time our Wrangler order to arrive similarly.

It's difficult to make the vehicles exactly the same. And arguably different models may compare better. This is our best shot based on our reservation and personal preferences. It took quite a few options to make the Wrangler competitive with the Bronco. We have a few days before we need to lock in our Bronco and probably months before ordering the Wrangler, so any suggestions to make them more comparable are welcome. We have left a few options off both so we can compare adding those after delivery (i.e. winches, lifts, 37-40"" tires, tire carrier, leather)

Here is our configurations: (UPDATED with Badlands)

2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrack
LUX Package $3,590
Modular Bumper $825
Towing $595
Rock Rails $595
$56,575

or

2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
LUX Package $5,085
MIC Roof
Towing $595
Rock Rails $595
$56,545

2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Red Paint $245
Front Camera $595
Black Hard Top $1,395
8.4 Nav with Alpine Premium Audio $1,895
Remote Start $495
Keyless Entry $545
Advanced Safety $795
Safety Group $895
Trailer-Tow $795
LED Lighting $1,295
Steel Bumper Group $1,645
Cold Weather Group $995
3.6L Engine $1,500
8-Speed Trans $1,500
Rock-Trac 4WD $695
$58,500

So the first comparison is value. the vehicles are coming in within a couple thousand dollars. The Bronco edging out the Rubicon. However, due to launch demand for the Bronco, our actual cost (after dealer discounts) for the Jeep is likely to be several thousand dollars below MSRP bringing is line with the Bronco, if not less. There have been plenty of feature and spec comparisons on this forum, so I won't repeat those in this post.

We will be doing head-to-head / side-by-side comparisons on individual aspects of each vehicle and the experience as a whole. This includes the buying experience. Unfortunately, part of that experience involves waiting for Bronco production to meet demand. Ordering the Wrangler to coincide the timing with the Bronco will be tricky as our Ford dealership is reluctant to predict our delivery date.

I hope you will join us in this experiment and follow along on our progress.
The rock rails are standard on the BL. Reduce price by $595.
Sponsored