ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm confused, what exactly makes the Badlands more capable then the Wildtrak other then the sway bar disconnect? Plus the sasquach package is an add on for the badlands and standard on the wilttrak.
Nothing, this is just a hangover from the jeep way of thought. In Jeep land, the Rubicon comes with Sway bar disconnects, front and rear lockers, aggressive mud tires, larger gearing and larger axles. With the Bronco, they took all of that and made it the Sasquatch package.

So when buying a jeep, the model you pick makes a real difference in off-road capability, and if you want off road capability you have to buy the Rubicon model. With Broncos, you buy whatever model(Base to Wildtrak) you want, and get the Sasquatch package if you want capability.

Alternatively, if you don't want the 35" tires, you can get all of the capability stuff on a Badlands without the bigger tires. Badlands also gets the unique front disconnect, which should be easy to add after market if you really want it.

I think the front disconnect is only useful to certain buyers. I never use it on my Rubicon in Georgia, but I could certainly see some areas out west considering it must have.
Sponsored

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should start your comparison with a Factory Badlands 2.3 Manual and Factory Rubicon Manual. Once you've done that comparison add all the extras, lift, tires, etc. and compare again.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do realize the only real difference in capability in a Badlands and a Wildtrak is the front sway bar disconnect, right? Your definition of far more capable seems....well a bit exaggerated.

Nope. It's not. First thing I did on my Tacoma was throw away (put away in garage) the sway bar. If want to spend time in the rocks, it's a must.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wheres this info coming from? I haven’t heard of anyone detailing riding with the stabar disconnected. Or did I miss something?
Ummm.... 30 years of personal experience driving everything from washboard roads to serious rock crawling.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

100% need to get a Badlands there, bud.

Wildtrack is more like the Sahara.
WIldtrak is more like Mojave and Outer Banks more like Sahara.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm confused, what exactly makes the Badlands more capable then the Wildtrak other then the sway bar disconnect? Plus the sasquach package is an add on for the badlands and standard on the wilttrak.
I agree. With the exception of rock crawling, the base Wildtrak is as effective or more effective in several off road functions. They have slightly different specialties, and more versatility with the MT, seaybar disconnect availability of the Badlands. But if you add Sasquatch, 2.7 and auto, which is standard o the Wildtrak it’s almost the same vehicle. You can build the Badlands up to the level of the Wildtrak, but it’s going to costvyou. extra $ to get it there for an apples to apples comparison.
I’m assuming the comparison is going to be more involved than simply which vehicle is superior when it comes to climbing rocks.....

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nope. It's not. First thing I did on my Tacoma was throw away (put away in garage) the sway bar. If want to spend time in the rocks, it's a must.
Same. Removed it on my 4Runner too. Sometimes a bit too interesting on road, but much much better off road.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are showing as an option on my Build and Price. Maybe a bug.

Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands vs Wrangler Rubicon: Head to Head Comparison Series - Beginning With Ordering Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 1.48.49 PM
You haven't done even a cursory review of the info on the "Reservations, Ordering, Pricing, Production, Delivery" forum.

This thread has me triggered to the point I cannot control myself:

We already know the Bronco is going to be as good if not better at all ( or nearly all of these the things in your list ) - We've seen the Rubicon, Moab and now the KOH videos. There isn't really much of a question other than - "by how much?" We know the Bronco team used a Jeep as part of their basis/inspiration for the redesign. The answer to the question: "What could Jeep have done done better and how can we improve on the Wrangler?" was one of their primary design motivations. Thus IFS, mirrors on the body, accessory mounting points and so on. The "Harder" list concerning lifts and tires may be a more interesting but I'm guessing lift fabricators are going to have this info to us first. To me, reliability is and will be a very interesting question. If you want to do something useful, beat the snot out of these rigs once you get them set up and report on that.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Badlands Recommendation noted. Disconnect is a factor. If it affects delivery date, we will downgrade Wrangler to better match Wildtrak.

A big part of this project is not just the crawling and off-roading. It will be about the post purchase modifications and ownership experience.
I’m in for the ride! Will definitely follow with interest.

Maybe Ford Performance Parts will eventually offer the disconnect. I know the Mopar one is available to retrofit a Jeep with.

jdub.csu

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2020 Honda, 2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Point. We will do a MOPAR lift after delivery to "even them up".
Theoretically 315s will fit on a Rubicon stock, but yeah, the 2.5” Mopar lift would do it for sure.
badlands = rubicon (both come with swaybar disconnects)
The mopar lift does not equal the Sasquatch package.

Sometimes I wonder about people.
Sponsored