First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello!! We just installed the Bronco BestTop last night on my four door Badlands. Looks awesome and love it! BUT having latch issues. Drivers side will unlatch (by the visor same as the factory soft top) however the passenger side just can’t get. It’s like I unlatch it then the top wants to spring up, catching the latch hook, before it releases. Only way to get it is to have someone push down hard on the top while a second person tries to wiggle the latch out. I let it sit overnight to see if the top would stretch and it seemed to only get tighter. It does seem to be a known issue but only saw ideas on Wrangler forums and none work for me. Anybody have ideas?!?

here is the top
https://www.bestop.com/newbronco/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1o-Rqbzk-AIVMQJ9Ch3DqwwYEAAYASAAEgKADPD_BwE

CE459E66-7DE0-4043-B149-049F12D2DFD0.jpeg
Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same problem.

I loosened the bolts on the attachment point above the passenger and pulled the plate toward the rear of the truck and then re-tightened the bolts. It helped a lot but if I let it get crooked it is still hard to open.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a spot near the latch for your hand that lets you pull down on the top, but sometimes the latch does stay in the closed position. It's a little tricky, but if while pulling the top down and use the other hand to press your thumb into the middle of the latch, it releases it and flips it open. It's hard to describe but I think you'll get it.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine does the same if I don't hold down the hand grab. There's a little notch next to the latch, you can't miss it.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup. Practice. Seriously not being funny.
One trick I've noticed :

Pull the latch down while holding the top where the hand hold is. Then let go of the latch, then grab the plastic part of the latch on the VERY end - making sure not to have ANY pressure on the plastic "insert" that pushes on the hook - pull STRAIGHT down and it will unlatch.

Sponsored

slocobra03

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Explore ST, MG, Isetta, Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same issue here when I first installed the top... .. but I noticed I can release the passenger side latch with no issues once the Bronco sat in the sun for a while to help stretch the material.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here is what I'm talking about, loosen those two bolts and pull the black plate back with a pair of pliers while re-tightening the bolts.

Ford Bronco Bronco BestTop Issue adjustment

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue with my Bestop. The trick is to hold down the corner you are going to unlatch. Then unlatch if it doesn't unlatch just smack the latch a couple times it will unlatch. It will become easier as you use it.
Sponsored