Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A parallel hybrid PHEV with the stick would be absolutely badass and probably corner that market without any competition. It's just too bad it will never happen.
Sponsored

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hybrid maybe, I pass on full electric.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I understand that most everyone here probably wants a true Bronco. Even I ordered the Wildtrak model. But, I have a question and don't want to offend anyone. Basically, I've been keeping track of what is happening globally. In general, there are water shortages in at least five countries and uncontrollable fires as well. Some people are claiming the unusual temperatures will continue and are due in part to climate change. The climate change is because of many things, but particularly the burning of fossil fuels.

I also read that the administration wants to mitigate climate change by producing more EV's in the future and eventually limiting the production of gas vehicles. If this is true, then while it would be great to have the New Broncos, I have a feeling that maybe part of the delays might have to do with a phasing out of the gas bronco and transitioning to a hybrid or EV Bronco. This is just speculation on my part.

The reason for this thought is because it seems odd that a manufacturer who has been in business for quite a long time, can't produce a car without all of the associated issues and continual delays. Aside from semiconductor shortages, covid, and so on, they have opened the factories and there is more than one roof maker one would hope. Also, a smart business decision might be to use the current semiconductors originally meant for broncos in the F150's since a ton of them are already built. Customers are meant to believe roof issues won't be resolved until 2022-23. So, there is nothing stopping Ford from stalling until the new year when decisions are made about EV's and Hybrids. In the meantime, they produce a few hundred at a time, get some orders filled, in efforts to keep people's hopes up, but in reality future Broncos might be built that are more in line with the global push. The excuse will be that the EV or Hybrid will be the only options available.

It is true that there is a global shortage of chips, but it is also true that Ford may have put aside a stock of chips for certain vehicles. I'm just saying. Using those chips on vehicles already built makes business sense. Sending those vehicles to car lots with mechanics who can install those chips, (if trained), helps them move forward with other plans. They simply may not have the personnel to accomplish everything and only they know the truth.

The question: If any of this is true, would anyone switch to an EV or Hybrid Bronco if that was the only option left?
Having switched from a Bronco and purchased a MachE in February I have to say i would be all in on a BEV Bronco.

I don't really buy into the save a tree BS they are peddling, I do buy into never going to a gas station and paying 3 pennies per mile vs 50 pennies in fuel cost and never having to do anything else but tires. 7000 miles to date, $210 in energy cost vs $3500. Oil changes, 0.

Oh, and it is the fastest car off the line I have ever owned.

Now if you will excuse me I will not go and get my electric chainsaw that is fueled in part by coal and cut down a tree so we can have a holiday weekend bonfire and roast some meet that we will eat with our hands and wash down with beer.