First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All due respect, you won't make up your mind. Many folks here are still tweaking their builds.
Yep, I know, It was kind of a sarcastic joke to myself. I'm on here and the B&P every day going back and forth on whether I'm going to go Basesquatch or Black Diamond. Half of me is telling me go big or go home, and I'll always regret not getting the sasquatch. The rational part of me says I won't do enough off roading to justify it, and the black diamond with mid will be a better daily driver and plenty capable. Ideally I would do both, but I just cant stomach a $50k-plus vehicle. I'm trying to keep my build under $45k and can't decide between the two. It's the worst.
Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No disrespect, but several people are comparing the Jeep MSRP to the Bronco MSRP. Everyone knows you can get the JEEP well under the listed price. You have to compare out the door price of the two. Apples to apples the Jeep will be cheaper....but it isn't a Bronco!
Another pro for the Jeep....and also the bronco hahaha.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've looked at and test driven a Jeep Wrangler. For what I want, it's a few thousand more than the Base Bronco, and Jeeps have some issues. The Bronco is an unknown commodity, but it's what I've wanted since I was a kid. Wrangler's main advantage is it's available now.

Choose wisely.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, I know, It was kind of a sarcastic joke to myself. I'm on here and the B&P every day going back and forth on whether I'm going to go Basesquatch or Black Diamond. Half of me is telling me go big or go home, and I'll always regret not getting the sasquatch. The rational part of me says I won't do enough off roading to justify it, and the black diamond with mid will be a better daily driver and plenty capable. Ideally I would do both, but I just cant stomach a $50k-plus vehicle. I'm trying to keep my build under $45k and can't decide between the two. It's the worst.
I'm feeling that too. However, I've bought 2 new vehicles in my life, after 225k each, (4 of you count the certified and high mileage dealer trade ins) and the second of those was because I didn't want to haggle with a dealer. This will most likely be my last vehicle as well. The price of this thing is high (rich folks can "take a hammer to the beach").

If you've been reasonably helpful to all of your family and done your best then "Do The Squatch, you deserve it".

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've looked at and test driven a Jeep Wrangler. For what I want, it's a few thousand more than the Base Bronco, and Jeeps have some issues. The Bronco is an unknown commodity, but it's what I've wanted since I was a kid. Wrangler's main advantage is it's available now.

Choose wisely.
Heh, I read that last sentence in my Yoda voice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just noticed that it charged me for the HardTop twice! Common Ford, Fix it~!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. For just another 4k you can get sasquatch on that base but to get equal performance out of the jeep cost go WAY up.

It's a tough call.
So how does that make it a tough call then? You can't even get Lockers in the Willys.

Deleted member 13702

I've been talking about the Jeep Wrangler 4xe a lot. My wife just gives me a "really look". Today when I brought it up again, she flat out said, "you will regret anything less than the Bronco", and as usual she's right. I've been in for the bronco since it was a faint rumor. I've held onto my current truck for almost 14 years now. As much as there were a lot of things I wish the Bronco had (lower price, hybrid, more colors, etc...), in the end I know I will regret not going through with my reservation. But, if jeep offers you what you are looking for, to each their own, and good luck to you.

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fords little price hike pushed me over to the Jeep website again as well. A 4 door rubicon with a manual trans, 4.10 gears and lockers is the new mistress.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"you will regret anything less than the Bronco"
My wife said the same. I've been looking at other vehicles (mainly a Tacoma or Chevy Bison) and my wife asked me what I would do if I bought something else and then saw a Bronco. I'd regret not getting one.

There is no value in a Bronco but damn do I want one.

I suppose there is value in getting a cool vehicle even if it's not financial value.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can get a sasquatched black Diamond for less than that.
3 most important things for my build, Sasquatch, V6, and The Signature Lighting. Now, minus Sasquatch because after this week i cant afford it. LOL
I Cant get The Signature Lighting on the Black Diamond, At least today you can't, Maybe it will be different in January?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One can purchase a new Rubicon in the high $30Ks. Hmmm

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One can purchase a new Rubicon in the high $30Ks. Hmmm
The money seems close enough Bronco vs Jeep, take your pick.
I am not a jeep person and figure Jeep has off-roading pretty well figured out though.
Their product at this point is well developed. It seems to me that Ford is just entering the game utilizing the iconic 66 styling which is getting people (me) on board through nostalgia. Ford has done their homework using Jeep product as the guiding example. If you want to go off road and choose to buy a Jeep you probably won't be unhappy. I want the Bronco look and am hoping the first new iteration does not disappoint since I may not drive one until I take delivery. From everything I see Ford has tested the sh@t out of them and the new Bronco should be a winner! Wait for it!!

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no value in a Bronco but damn do I want one.

I suppose there is value in getting a cool vehicle even if it's not financial value.
That's it, right there. That's why we're all here.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great timing that this thread started as I'm a four door base Bronco guy but with the automatic price increase, I too this morning started looking back at the Wrangler, Willys specifically.

Can someone please elaborate what their "anti-slip (rear) differential" is? I'd guess a clutch type but wanted to learn more. I was leaning towards putting a helical front and rear for the base Bronco as lockers don't hold that much appeal to me.

From what I can tell, the Willys looks like a great bang for the buck for someone like me. The diesel option is interesting too.

I feel like the Bronco reliability will overall be better and is better suited for me (IFS daily driver), but I'm still frankly pissed at the price increase for the base four door and am reconsidering my options.

And wow are Jeep colors better.
Sponsored