William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Whenever I build out anything on the Jeep site I'm still at 45k with options or to equal what Ford offers either standard or packaged. So even with the Ford (un)expected price hike I'm even with a squatch BD, V6, auto, mid or a manual BL with high pkg and optional wheels. I feel either of my Bronco builds are more capable than a Willys at the same price and more than I'd ever use. The thing is if I wanted a Jeep I would have already had one in my driveway.
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Likely deduct 5,000 off your build price on the Jeep.

I've been watching some YouTube videos on the capability of the stock Willys. It looks decent given it would save me a ton of money...

Oh Ford, how did you screw this up so badly...

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fords little price hike pushed me over to the Jeep website again as well. A 4 door rubicon with a manual trans, 4.10 gears and lockers is the new mistress.
Price??

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
msrp $46,075 - 4 door rubicon with hard top and aux switches as added options, standard front and rear lockers and sway bar disco. I’m still holding out for the Bronco ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well this sucks. The more I read about the Willys Wheeler Edition the more I like it. A fairly basic build has an MSRP of $37,650. Pros: wheels and tires, real towing package, rear LSD. That right there could be worth it to me. Hmm. I look forward to Bronco on-road driving reviews. Logically that's the main thing going for the Bronco, and that it isn't a Chrysler. I feel like Ford will be of better quality and likely better reliability despite it being a new model.

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After seeing and being hands on the Bronco Sport, it really puts pressure on me to wait until i can physically be in the same room of different versions of the Bronco. We shouldn't have to wait much longer, Hopefully!

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm doing the exact same thing right now.

Willy's gives me what I want at a lower price than the bronco and I can get it tomorrow.

Plus it can be had in green. :).
plus they are on sale so you don't have to pay msrp and you get to test drive and see the color you are buying

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As with so many decisions, the purchase of a Jeep/Bronco or any other vehicle is often emotionally decided, then logically justified.

You either desire the vehicle or you don't.

Of all the vehicles, the new Bronco is the only one that I have yearned for. The only one which I have desired since seeing the Gen 1 Bronco. The new design was love at first sight and I coveted it.

The Jeep looks fun, but it isn't special to me. One Jeep looks the same as all the other millions of Jeeps on the road from the past 50 years (unless you care about square vs round headlights). They remind me of A guy who buys a $5,000 carbon framed, full suspension mountain bike to ride the neighborhood with the kids. Almost boastful and foolish, cool looking but woefully imperfect at it's actual daily function. An off-road vehicle, the purpose of which is never realized, like a corvette that never leaves the city speed limits, a barracuda in a small fish bowl.

To me, the Bronco speaks to utility and design. It was meant to function on road AND off road. To be the one and only vehicle you need to meet your needs. Drive to the field, take it on the pasture, cross a small creek bed, carry all your necessary gear, then make your way home, stopping by the hardware store on the way. Pavement, trails, sand, snow, the farm, wet grass etc etc...it was the swiss army knife. To me, this is the soul of the Bronco. This is why I opted not to squatch, because that seemed antithetical to what the Bronco was and is. It isn't supposed to be a four wheeling monster, it is supposed to be capable in all terrains.

This is my emotional stance supported by very loose logic, so I ordered a Big Bend. 🙂

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can live with the worst steering of any modern highway vehicle, you should jump on the massive JL discounts (which will surely get even better once Broncos supply meets demand). The other differences between the vehicles probably don't amount to anything nearly as substantive as the fact that one feels like wrestling a pig on the highway with a crosswind, and the other will drive like any other truck/SUV.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

a lot are forgetting to remember this is a first year bronco. the price will be slightly more but at the same time, it's all up to date with current parts etc. jeep's infotainment is most likely a 3+ year old system trying to power everything. it'll be very laggy. not to mention jeeps have been a slow evolution and there are still parts being used from generations back. in the ford you get current tech that is brand new. nothing being passed on from 5+ years ago. and as some said, if you wanted a jeep, you'd already have one.

RoadKiller

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk-Wife gets new and I get left over
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The lure of getting a Wrangler now had me looking instead of waiting. Willy's I could get for less but it was missing a lot of features compared to Bronco. I quickly found out the $ for a jeep is not far from MSRP of $39,000. Basically at the low end $ inventory sells so fast dealers don't need to move much in $. As I quickly found out from 3 dealers. For the same price Ford offers a lot more in convenience and Safety. Plus I like that both rows of the roof come off. Not a fan of V6 Stop-Start engine. I do like Jeeps big fenders. One thing crazy for all the money both wrangler and Bronco have terrible back seats. School bus seats. But like I joked with my son not my problem I'm never going to be ridding in the back. Neither Wrangler or Bronco are for long vacations for 4 people.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems if you’re on the fence about the bronco, that you can’t test drive yet... and are happy with what you can get with the Jeep, which you can pick in person, you should go with the one you know you’re good with.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the same thing. Test drove a willys diesel. The steering play on the highway was not confidence inspiring.

I converted my bronco order the next day

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm at it again, due to the price hikes I'm once again considering the competition. This is what i would build if i went with the Mopar Brand. Might consider the 4 door for the Jeep, but will stick with the 2 door of the bronco, just because i like the look over the 4 door of the Ford brand.
willys.jpg
wwillys.jpg
wwillys2.jpg
wwillys3.jpg
I currently have a 2016 Willys, black, 2 door without the upgraded technology, just over 40,000 miles, and have loved it. Looks exactly like that pic, but the Bronco has my heart.
Sponsored