First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I too would like an easy rain solution for driving topless - Mabett - can you make one? it will sell. Here in PA, even with a clear forecast, going topless is pretty risky.
Sponsored

skithebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340, manual, AWE exhaust, MHD tune
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This actually is a major factor keeping in me in a JL. The hard top solution is interesting if that's viable long-term. My scenario, probably much like the OP, is that I run a hard top 6 months of the year, and a bimini top/no top the other 6 months. I'm in the Southeast, and even though my vehicle is in the garage when not in use, pop up storms happen constantly.

I have zero desire to mess with a soft top, and the bimini top for a JL is quick to put on (5 minutes), provides adequate rain coverage. It will keep the cab dry parked in a torrential t-storm. There is a small gap between the roll bar and door, but that's what washout floors/MGV is for.

Point is - the few shots of the bimini top for the Bronco I've seen will not work, there's a gap right at the front roll bar, so water will come in there right onto the dash. The hardtop option is interesting (front two) popping them on and off, the downside being I can throw a bimini top in the back with other gear and it doesn't take up too much room.
Have you checked out: https://www.broncosunshades.com/
I don't think the gap exists that you are concerned about. But this doesn't install in 5 minutes apparently. Wish someone made something similar that quickly and easily installed in around 5 minutes.

skithebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340, manual, AWE exhaust, MHD tune
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do it all the time in mine. Sometimes I want some shade, sometimes I don't. I love how it looks with the front two panels and the rear section off with the roll cage exposed. :cool:(y)

DE8586A4-9318-489E-816C-D88807C5A238.JPG
BE5C366F-FF3C-45FA-A681-F7E24D4D4B04.JPG
19512F49-2ACC-4467-8AC1-02C57C01C41A.JPG
96A544F1-8886-41CB-81C6-BC0546A07882.JPG
Thanks again for this advice. I tried it out and works perfectly. I wish someone made a cover for the exposed back part that could be easily installed on a rainy day in 5 minutes or less and with a 'slant back' look. The rear of the hardtop isn't practical for that purpose. I have yet to find anything like that. I don't really understand why no one has made a Bimini that would lock in to the front roof panel latch system at the top of the windshield and extend all the way to the rear gate that was reasonably waterproof. As I live in NJ too there are still many rainy days or at least afternoon thunder showers that I would like to survive without getting soaked. But I've also been leaving the top and doors off all summer. Only got caught once in my way to LBI recently in some rain. Anyway, if you come across a product like this or can think of one please let me know. Thanks

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

jcaruso970

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do it all the time in mine. Sometimes I want some shade, sometimes I don't. I love how it looks with the front two panels and the rear section off with the roll cage exposed. :cool:(y)

DE8586A4-9318-489E-816C-D88807C5A238.JPG
BE5C366F-FF3C-45FA-A681-F7E24D4D4B04.JPG
19512F49-2ACC-4467-8AC1-02C57C01C41A.JPG
96A544F1-8886-41CB-81C6-BC0546A07882.JPG
It does look pretty bad @$$, nice ride!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so if you want to ride around without the rear cab - can a bracket be made of steel to hold the middle piece down?

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so if you want to ride around without the rear cab - can a bracket be made of steel to hold the middle piece down?
I'm currently working on an aluminum bracket that will attach via existing bolt holes in the rollbar so the center rear latch on the mid-roof will catch it.
I've been running around without a rear roof for several weeks with zero problems.....I'd just feel better about it with the rear of the mid-roof latched.
I'll post it here when I get the bracket finished.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wh

At a stupid reason. Just saying
What? And a stupid reason? Sorry, but if I'm going to get a vehicle with removeable doors and a top, umm.........I'm going to remove them. I'm not going to deal with the POS soft top, so yeah it is a reason.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GearShade has been rock solid for me. Doesn’t flap or move much at highways speeds. Stays straight as a board. No sag.

Sponsored

jcaruso970

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A simple waterproof bikini top for the driver and passenger seat is still desperately needed. Another huge simplicity advantage of a bikini top vs storing the 2 front hard top panels is storage space. When I store my 2 hard top front panels in their bags in the back (in case of a sudden T-storm) it takes up almost all of the back cargo area and I can't see out the rear window. A simple fabric/vinyl roll-up bikini stop staked under the seat would be far superior.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A simple waterproof bikini top for the driver and passenger seat is still desperately needed. Another huge simplicity advantage of a bikini top vs storing the 2 front hard top panels is storage space. When I store my 2 hard top front panels in their bags in the back (in case of a sudden T-storm) it takes up almost all of the back cargo area and I can't see out the rear window. A simple fabric/vinyl roll-up bikini stop staked under the seat would be far superior.
Any update from anyone? My Bronco is actually getting built, although I dropped down to a 2 door, and yes......I need a Bikini top option or I won't take delivery, simple as that. This is a pretty basic need from Ford for a REMOVEABLE TOP vehicle.

OP
OP
Winni Made

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I know, a true bikini top that fully covers the roof from rain does not exist yet.

OP
OP
Winni Made

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has a big gap at the front, right over the front of the dash - won’t work in the rain.
Sponsored