First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd owned four Fords before I bought the Bronco in November of 2022. I must say it's the worst one in terms of build quality. Mine came from the factory with multiple paint defects around the lower portion of the body. I requested to open a warranty claim in November, and Ford finally approved it in February of 2023. The truck is being repainted right now.

The Bronco wouldn't be the Bronco without cracks in MIC top. I've already found two around the windows on both sides. The truck has only 4k miles right now. I can only imagine what the hard top is going to look like in 5 years. I hope Ford get it replaced.

In addition to that, something started to rattle inside the tailgate after the first 3k miles. I removed all the plastic trim pieces to locate the source of the sound. It seems, it has something to do with the spare tire mount. I assume that the tailgate structure is not rigid enough for the weight of the Sasquatch wheel. The dealer is going to look into this issue once the Bronco is back from the body shop.

Despite all that, I'm still loving the Bronco, but I hate the Ford build quality. It sucks!

Ford Bronco Bronco Birthmarks and Other Quality Issues 1FMDE5CPXNLB37313_1
Ford Bronco Bronco Birthmarks and Other Quality Issues 1FMDE5CPXNLB37313_2
Ford Bronco Bronco Birthmarks and Other Quality Issues 1FMDE5CPXNLB37313_3
Ford Bronco Bronco Birthmarks and Other Quality Issues 1FMDE5CPXNLB37313_4
Ford Bronco Bronco Birthmarks and Other Quality Issues PXL_20230127_194355596
Ford Bronco Bronco Birthmarks and Other Quality Issues PXL_20230221_160445538
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the cracks new or did they appear after a time? Could probably live with the small drips but the giant blob? Guess they are blind in the body shop. Clearly was there before paint.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are the cracks new or did they appear after a time? Could probably live with the small drips but the giant blob? Guess they are blind in the body shop. Clearly was there before paint.
I noticed the first crack on the driver's side at about 3k miles. The second one appeared soon after that.

Ford sold this Bronco with the paint flaws twice. I'm the second owner. The Bronco had 400-ish miles and was advertised as a Gold Certified Used Vehicle. That's why I didn't bother to meticulously inspect the body before I signed the papers. It was my big mistake.

Ford Bronco Bronco Birthmarks and Other Quality Issues 2be9c57f8c8f1164cb4e0a1491e57256x

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd birthmark - I have a stock Badlands, but one of my vaglands stickers is a Sasquatch.

Sure beats what you've got going on, or the people with different fabric on their seats - sorry man.

Sponsored

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a used vehicle purchase, hopefully your issues can be fixed under warranty. Some of those blemishes may be hard to prove as caused by previous owner or at factory.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although I would not want the repaint, at least they are fixing it.

The top issue just doesn't make sense. Cracking and some never even off road? I'd say that is warranty for sure but this has got to be costing them Millions. You can only backcharge the supplier so much till you run them into trouble or out of business then you have even bigger problems.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine came from the factory with 2 dings in the driver’s side door. The odd thing about the dings are they are dings that are pushed out rather than a ding caused by another door hitting my Bronco. It’s like something on the inside of the door is pushing on the outer door skin..

when I spoke to the service manager at the dealership I deal with he said Huh…that’s weird.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My rear hinges have SEVERE orange peel, the dealer has never gotten back to me to fix it or the other things noticed on the pre-purchase inspection.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine came from the factory with 2 dings in the driver’s side door. The odd thing about the dings are they are dings that are pushed out rather than a ding caused by another door hitting my Bronco. It’s like something on the inside of the door is pushing on the outer door skin..

when I spoke to the service manager at the dealership I deal with he said Huh…that’s weird.
Those dings come from working inside the door at MAP or the stamping plant. It’s not uncommon to have dings.

Some of the paint defects looks like foreign material from the oven blew up or dropped on the body as it was passing thru.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some of the paint defects looks like foreign material from the oven blew up or dropped on the body as it was passing thru.
I think it was seam sealer. It's applied manually by assembly line workers on certain points of the body.
Sponsored