Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why are people so stupid these Broncos really are not worth what they are asking for them even at msrp lol people are so stupid I guess people got more money than brains
You realize there is very little markup from invoice to msrp.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That's more than the SAS BD with the 2.7, mid, and mod top I'll eventually be getting from Granger!

All I can say is that people can spend their money how they like.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm convinced that some people think we still live in the "old days," as I like to call them. The days before 56 cargo ships were stacked up in the ocean outside of LA docks; shipping containers weren't scarce; before inflation hit 4.6%; when plenty of new and used cars were on dealer's lots; when soda wasn't scarce due to aluminum shortages - do I need to go on?

Banks are financing vehicles above MSRP. This is the brave new world.

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You realize there is very little markup from invoice to msrp.
ā€œInvoiceā€ canā€™t be what the dealer actually pays, though. Otherwise we wouldnā€™t see so many dealers offering pricing at $1,000 - $2,000 below invoice.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm convinced that some people think we still live in the "old days," as I like to call them. The days before 56 cargo ships were stacked up in the ocean outside of LA docks; shipping containers weren't scarce; before inflation hit 4.6%; when plenty of new and used cars were on dealer's lots; when soda wasn't scarce due to aluminum shortages - do I need to go on?

Banks are financing vehicles above MSRP. This is the brave new world.
I forgot to add - when I could order whatever set of tires I wanted and they would be in stock.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

imo, any sort of dealer markup is you just giving the dealer cash plus interest. if you feel ok paying someone extra for a vehicle you could probably just get for msrp somewhere else or by waiting, then go ahead. just remember that other people would probably have got a badlands or a sasquatched version for a lower price than the 2 door black diamond with a $10k markup (or more)

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ā€œInvoiceā€ canā€™t be what the dealer actually pays, though. Otherwise we wouldnā€™t see so many dealers offering pricing at $1,000 - $2,000 below invoice.
The dealer gets ā€œhold backā€ money that is meant to cover the cost of floor planning a vehicle (financing). In most cases things arenā€™t sold right off the truck so you need to cover that expense plus sometimes Ford will pay dealers on number of units sold when they hit a preset number. Most dealers arenā€™t able to make money selling new cars. They rely on service, parts, and used sales. My wifeā€™s Bronco sport had a window of 37k and the difference between that and invoice was 800 bucks.

hotrodjohn

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 1975 Bronco Ranger, 1975 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea it's crazy, they are going to feel real dumb when they are populating the highway just like jeeps
Looking at Jeep production numbers, especially since 2007 to present at around 200k units a year, its going to be a long time before Broncos can even get near the Jeep numbers. Question is can Bronco gain the popularity the Jeep has.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That picture makes the tires look small. I know itā€™s a trick, because Iā€™ve seen the BD tires and they look ok in person.

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will they?

Thereā€™s a worldwide car shortage which is going to last another 18+ months. The bronco isnā€™t the only car selling with markups. I have a friend who just ordered a Telluride and it has a $6k markup on it and a 6 month wait.

dealer markups on freaking Kias.

While im not about to pay a dealer markup, I understand why people are. Especially when used car prices are starting to sell for as much as new cars.

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That picture makes the tires look small. I know itā€™s a trick, because Iā€™ve seen the BD tires and they look ok in person.
My wife and I were just talking about that. We're thinking it's the black rims don't take photos well, like me I guess.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always curious about the story behind these.

Green sticker, so it was someone's order. Wonder if they canceled because of the markup or if the markup was added after they canceled for a different reason.
Another article posted here stated most are honoring MSRP, so likely Broncos from customers who backed out for whatever reason.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw a BD in person for the first time this week and thought the exact same thing. They look fine with 32s in person and Iā€™d bet theyā€™d look even better with 33s

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Combo of bad with money and strong desire for material items. I know people like that, and there is no talking financial sense. They will find some excuse why it makes sense.
Sponsored