Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh come on the hardtop can't handle wax, sun, or even light moisture and you're gonna tell me it adds structural rigidity to the Bronco....

It's cardboard with 3mm of plastic sprayed on it.
It took me weeks to accept the truth too. Now here’s the real kicker…. I get better gas mileage with the hardtop too.
Sponsored

The Claw

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We all know its the brace ;) Ford was just trying to not be like Jeep and keep that open air concept, but there is a reason Jeep does it. Its essentially like a convertible and those have more ridged frame structures to make up for the lack of it over the fixed roof section. I'm curious how well this does for structural rigidity etc.
I kinda enjoy the squeaking. It’s nostalgic. 🚙

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It took me weeks to accept the truth too. Now here’s the real kicker…. I get better gas mileage with the hardtop too.
I can accept the MPG angle as there is a legit point to be made about aero and drag.

The MIC provides zero structural integrity and if you think it does I challenge you to jump on top of yours and show me how strong it is.

Sponsored

D-Pan14

Raptor
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you watch a lot of Bronco Raptors reviews you will see everyone comments how the Warthog seems to be much quieter and seems to be better built. Is this really the case or is it the result of front and rear brace?

I wonder
I have a Braptor and it was squeaking this morning on my way into work. I think there is one pin on the driver side front panel that squeaks depending on the weather. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. 90% of the time it doesn't make a single noise and wind noise is not bad at all either. The braces in the middle and rear very well could make a difference. Let's put it this way, it happens so little that I forget to look at in between times that it makes the noise.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Braptor and it was squeaking this morning on my way into work. I think there is one pin on the driver side front panel that squeaks depending on the weather. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. 90% of the time it doesn't make a single noise and wind noise is not bad at all either. The braces in the middle and rear very well could make a difference. Let's put it this way, it happens so little that I forget to look at in between times that it makes the noise.
My Badlands had many annoying sounds that seemed to all come from the roof, back window and tailgate.
I put this on every bit of rubber on the roof, rear window and around tailgate seal.
Put on with finger and wiped most off with a cloth.
It eliminate every sound.
Ford Bronco Bronco Body Brace (for 4-Door) by Krazy House Customs Screenshot_20221115-150557_Gallery

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd gladly pay $400 if it stops my hardtop from falling apart offroad and needing replacement. Only one way to find out, there's a reason the raptors have it

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I add this, can I remove the back one....

Ford Bronco Bronco Body Brace (for 4-Door) by Krazy House Customs Screenshot_20221115-150557_Gallery
If you take a Sawzall to it, sure. But other that than, no you CANNOT remove the rear crossmember of the roll bars.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not so sure this is a Bronco Tax case here. It is likely low volume and has an OEM counterpart in the Braptor. I searched Ford OEM to see what the Raptor version costs and could not find the microfiche that shows the part numbers. Any of the dealer folks care to chime in with part numbers to do this with factory parts. I really want an overhead center light.

I also plan to hack a driver side B pillar trim panel to add the wireless keypad where it belongs. Flush behind this panel would look OEM and place it where it would normally be for Ford. I was able to find the part numbers to tackle this project. Once I get a fab and test complete, I may send the mock up to Mabett to make copy production. Seems like a solid winner.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs