Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long do we think the Bronco line will last this time around? A decade? Forever? Through 2022? A few years?
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, the brand never went away. During its production hiatus, the market shifted and Ford is back with a new one that better targets the off-road market. As long as there is a market and people let Ford be a part of it, they will sell Broncos.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Wrangler (or its earlier versions by different naming conventions) has never went away to my knowledge.. so if ford can get a reasonable footing in the next 5 years, it should be here for a longggg time

Reactions: RG7

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the brand never went away. During its production hiatus, the market shifted and Ford is back with a new one that better targets the off-road market. As long as there is a market and people let Ford be a part of it, they will sell Broncos.
Ford Bronco Bronco Brand Longevity giphy - 2020-12-28T101407.804

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say at least a decade. Ford seems to be moving to a concept of "F series" "Mustang" "Bronco", IMO we'll see the SUVs begin phasing in as "Bronco variants".

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long do we think the Bronco line will last this time around? A decade? Forever? Through 2022? A few years?
This is a little different ..Ford has transitioned it from a model to a Brand ..it will be around till we have hovercraft

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Barring Ford not shooting itself in the foot I think it will last a long time.

Jeep has had almost no competition in the market for years and they sell a ton of wranglers.

If the Bronco ends up being as good as we all think it will be, the only way I could see it going away is if Ford starts to rob quality/performance/R&D from a well-selling Bronco to support other projects.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as they do not devolve to the Mustang II/Bronco II syndrome. The Bronco being rolled out now is a far more robust brand with many platforms, powerplant options and special editions to come. Regardless of how long the customer supports the efforts, what we are seeing now is the forward edge of a significant groundswell by Ford.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As long as they do not devolve to the Mustang II/Bronco II syndrome. The Bronco being rolled out now is a far more robust brand with many platforms, powerplant options and special editions to come. Regardless of how long the customer supports the efforts, what we are seeing now is the forward edge of a significant groundswell by Ford.
What do you mean by Bronco II syndrome, and how is the Bronco Sport not already a modern version of the Bronco II?

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted for a decade, at least. But I am concerned with how well the body design will age, and think it might have to be modernized in a few years.

I say this because, despite being pretty cool now, the side-views of the 4d models are looking more and more boxy/dated to me.

And, I'm not confident that this look will be an endearing quality as with ugly jeeps, or something that puts the general public off.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Bronco is like "Ram". I think Ford's SUV line will become Bronco, or Ford will drop some of their SUVs in favor of the Bronco models. Although, it may be just as likely to become Edsel or Mercury.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as SUVs are the king of sales, Bronco isn't going anywhere.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs