swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Order banks closed. Meaning dealerships are not able to place retail orders for Bronco Raptor. If you have an existing order then all you need to do is sit and wait for your dealership to be given allocation to get it scheduled. These are manually given to dealerships by Ford.
Thanks much! This is contradictory to prior explanations above in this thread. So just to clarify, one can have an order with a dealer, this order can then be placed to FoMoCo directly (with purchasers name) and both of these happen before an allocation is provided?

I do think my dealer was responsible in not putting in a larger quantity of orders as compared to how many allocations they expected.

Maybe I still have a chance here...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alpha1_Silverback

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks much! This is contradictory to prior explanations above in this thread. So just to clarify, one can have an order with a dealer, this order can then be placed to FoMoCo directly (with purchasers name) and both of these happen before an allocation is provided?

I do think my dealer was responsible in not putting in a larger quantity of orders as compared to how many allocations they expected.

Maybe I still have a chance here...
yes, you go into a dealership of choice, you place an order with a salesman. He or their manager "submits" said order in WBDO (ordering system). They COVP your order, now a valid "order" and is in the "order bank". Ford will manually give Braptor allocations to dealerships. IF they are given an allocation(s) then Ford will look at Raptor orders in that dealers order bank and see if it coincides with what commodities are available for said build week. If so, your order gets pulled and scheduled, assigned to a build week and a VIN is given.
So a dealership could have several orders, but not given enough allocations to fulfill all of them.

By Ford closing the order banks, they are preventing any new orders from going in and thus stopping a pile up of unbuildable orders due to lack of allocation which is due to the forecast of parts availability being met.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yes, you go into a dealership of choice, you place an order with a salesman. He or their manager "submits" said order in WBDO (ordering system). They COVP your order, now a valid "order" and is in the "order bank". Ford will manually give Braptor allocations to dealerships. IF they are given an allocation(s) then Ford will look at Raptor orders in that dealers order bank and see if it coincides with what commodities are available for said build week. If so, your order gets pulled and scheduled, assigned to a build week and a VIN is given.
So a dealership could have several orders, but not given enough allocations to fulfill all of them.

By Ford closing the order banks, they are preventing any new orders from going in and thus stopping a pile up of unbuildable orders due to lack of allocation which is due to the forecast of parts availability being met.
Thanks again. I was indeed COVP'd. The part I wasn't clear on was the dealers order with Ford coming (in some cases) before their allocation.

For my stage only the dealer can see the order with Ford, I can't, correct?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any legitimate dealer would NOT take a customer's order without an allocation. I have ordered 4 Raptors. For everyone of them, my dealer puts me on wait list. When they get an allocation and if I am next on the list, they call me and I submit my order. They then take my order and submit it to Ford. Ford confirms the order and then I get a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement)

In the F150 Raptor community, there are a ton of guys who tell anyone that would listen that they have submitted their order only to find out their dealership never had an allocation.

@swamp2 ... ask your dealer for a DORA.

m4lex

Wildtrak
First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any legitimate dealer would NOT take a customer's order without an allocation. I have ordered 4 Raptors. For everyone of them, my dealer puts me on wait list. When they get an allocation and if I am next on the list, they call me and I submit my order. They then take my order and submit it to Ford. Ford confirms the order and then I get a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement)

In the F150 Raptor community, there are a ton of guys who tell anyone that would listen that they have submitted their order only to find out their dealership never had an allocation.

Is this my Dora?
Ford Bronco Bronco Braptor order banks close 4/13 at NOON 6B5E59EE-94EE-4EEF-8849-79E24E9E8AC6

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Although somewhat embarrassing, I guess I don't know what a DORA is precisely. What I have are two things (and have had both since Jan. '23). One is a price and contractual language (boiler plate...) on dealer letterhead with price, ADM and deposit info, signed and dated by me and them. The other apears to be be on Ford letterhead and includes the following:

"Preview order 650I - ESJ"
"Order Summary Time of Preview 01/13/2023"
"Dealership name: (my dealers name)"

Then goes on to list prices and options including a line,

"PRICED DORA $0"

Is this THE DORA?

I suppose I should redact the parts I don't want to share and just post the actual doc, but feeling a bit lazy after a good night mountain bike ride...
EDIT: What I have, described above, is the newer WBDO which has effectively replaced the DORA and is what is most often provided for easy reading/understanding from the dealer to the client.​

Also, as a point of disagreement, I don't think your claim above in red is necessarily true. My dealer has explained they only have a rough idea of the schedule and quantity of Braptor allocations they'll get and have tried to NOT take orders for vehicles they know they will not get allocations for. As you know Braptor allocations are a "manual" process from Ford; periodic, but non consistent In frequency. So, my understanding is that no dealers know in advance how many allocations they will get for a given month nor for the year.

In my case I'm next or 2nd in their queue for an allocation. And, if things are proceeding how it seems is the plan, this process of placing my order and getting a price agreement, prior to an actual allocation, is going to save me about $7500 in price increases. If my dealer would have followed the process your dealer(s) have followed, I'd absolutely be stuck with both of the last 2 price increases.

Last edited:

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Although somewhat embarrassing, I guess I don't know what a DORA is precisely. What I have are two things (and have had both since Jan. '23). One is a price and contractual language (boiler plate...) on dealer letterhead with price, ADM and deposit info, signed and dated by me and them. The other apears to be be on Ford letterhead and includes the following:

"PRICED DORA $0"

Is this THE DORA?

I suppose I should redact the parts I don't want to share and just post the actual doc, but feeling a bit lazy after a good night mountain bike ride...
EDIT: What I have, described above, is the newer WBDO which has effectively replaced the DORA and is what is most often provided for easy reading/understanding from the dealer to the client.​

Also, as a point of disagreement, I don't think your claim above in red is necessarily true. My dealer has explained they only have a rough idea of the schedule and quantity of Braptor allocations they'll get and have tried to NOT take orders for vehicles they know they will not get allocations for. As you know Braptor allocations are a "manual" process from Ford; periodic, but non consistent In frequency. So, my understanding is that no dealers know in advance how many allocations they will get for a given month nor for the year.

In my case I'm next or 2nd in their queue for an allocation. And, if things are proceeding how it seems is the plan, this process of placing my order and getting a price agreement, prior to an actual allocation, is going to save me about $7500 in price increases. If my dealer would have followed the process your dealer(s) have followed, I'd absolutely be stuck with both of the last 2 price increases.
Ford told dealers how many they were getting, just not when they were getting them in the model year.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The image you posted is an email from Ford confirming your order and it is not a DORA.

BUT I would accept it as proof that you have an order in the order banks. BTW, the online tracking of orders and emails from ford is a recent phenomenon.

This is a DORA ... look at the very top >> Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

Ford Bronco Bronco Braptor order banks close 4/13 at NOON 1681477894209

Is this my Dora?
Ford Bronco Bronco Braptor order banks close 4/13 at NOON 1681477894209

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think we are trying to determine if you have an order in the order banks.

- a DORA would show that Ford has your order
- did you ever receive an email from Ford confirming your order? Here''s mine:

Ford Bronco Bronco Braptor order banks close 4/13 at NOON 1681478291791

- can you see your order online at Ford.com? Let me know if you need the steps to login and see your order. Please note you can't check your order status unless you have a VIN. So this does not apply in your case.

"PRICED DORA $0"

Is this THE DORA?

Last edited:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My guess wasn't really based on parts they share, but more on simplifying the assembly process across the Ranger and Bronco.
The Ranger Raptor is essentially a Badlands Bronco with a 3.0, Fox live-valve suspension but minus the stay-bar disconnect. (over simplified but gets the basic point across)
Unless something has changed, the Ranger Raptor gets 2.5 Fox, not 3.0.

Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
- can you see your order online at Ford.com? Let me know if you need the steps to login and see your order.
What are the steps to login and see the order? I have one in with a small dealer and received email confirmation of it. not expecting them to get any MY23 allocation but would like to ensure it's really in.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you have been schedule then you have a VIN. You need a VIN to check your order status

Steps:

1 - Goto Ford.com
2 - Sign In ... create an account if you don't have an account
Ford Bronco Bronco Braptor order banks close 4/13 at NOON 1681485896613

3 - check order status

Ford Bronco Bronco Braptor order banks close 4/13 at NOON 1681485989594

4 -
Ford Bronco Bronco Braptor order banks close 4/13 at NOON 1681486071219

What are the steps to login and see the order? I have one in with a small dealer and received email confirmation of it. not expecting them to get any MY23 allocation but would like to ensure it's really in.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you have been schedule then you have a VIN. You need a VIN to check your order status
Thanks, the one I want to track doesn't have a VIN yet.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford told dealers how many they were getting, just not when they were getting them in the model year.
Thanks. Although this seems very odd. With how dynamic and uncertain all things Bronco have been, such an attempt seems destined to be completely inaccurate.

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think we are trying to determine if you have an order in the order banks.

- a DORA would show that Ford has your order
- did you ever receive an email from Ford confirming your order? Here''s mine:
Thanks. I'm reasonably sure I have a WBDO, which I understand has largely replaced sharing a DORA with customers. What I got looked just like this (which was shared elsewhere on the forum):

A3C92EF6-3368-4579-9EB1-429A2D46687E.jpg

Oddly, I didn't get a corresponding email, which I have heard happens sometimes. My guess is because I did get that email from a separate/preceeding engagement with a very small dealer who isn't going to get an allocation.
Sponsored