Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Understand you're trying to get a OEM replacement - but, hear me out... you should be able to source the necessary tools from your local hardware store (or amazon) for like $30 to get you through your trip. Off the top of my head, its a socket wrench, a 10mm and 13mm sockets, and a T50 socket. Once these parts become more common (i.e. via parts department), you can replace the whole kit.
Thank you for the suggestion!
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd either order from ford or piece it together. There's not much in there, but not off the rack things would be the door alignment pins for putting on the door. You can buy here Thread 'Bronco Door Alignment Pins 4 pack' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-door-alignment-pins-4-pack.48092/

Or ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1550595945...uid=QUUYT_MNSAi&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

And pick up the rubber things(someone here will know the name) so you don't chip paint

Pic stolen from Ebay

20220924_210949.jpg

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lost about $6k of my stuff. They refuse to take responsibility. Luckily I'm a law student in my final year and work in insurance litigation. They now have a bigger problem on their hands.
Do you have renter's insurance? Years ago, my apartment in Austin decided to open my garage (on a different side of the complex from where my actual apartment was) for several days, and my mountain bike, hydration pack, and tools were all stolen. They said they were releasing the garage to a different tenant and they didn't know that garage was attached to my lease. Regardless, I forced them to pay at least my insurance deductible once I made the police report. Not ideal, but an option. You're the expert here but thought I'd share!

OP
OP

CriticalBroncoTheory

Big Bend
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you have renter's insurance? Years ago, my apartment in Austin decided to open my garage (on a different side of the complex from where my actual apartment was) for several days, and my mountain bike, hydration pack, and tools were all stolen. They said they were releasing the garage to a different tenant and they didn't know that garage was attached to my lease. Regardless, I forced them to pay at least my insurance deductible once I made the police report. Not ideal, but an option. You're the expert here but thought I'd share!
Oh yeah. I get what you're saying. But I refuse to put a claim on my insurance when they were the cause of the loss. There is no way in OR OUT of the garage without a key fob. They are liable. I'm having to sue them, they arent giving it up without a fight but this case in front of a judge is a no brainer.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yeah. I get what you're saying. But I refuse to put a claim on my insurance when they were the cause of the loss. There is no way in OR OUT of the garage without a key fob. They are liable. I'm having to sue them, they arent giving it up without a fight but this case in front of a judge is a no brainer.
F these thieves. Iā€™ve been hit before in my old apartment complex where they would smash and grab and even put cars up on blocks and take wheels. I forgot my backpack and some other things in the backseat and window smashed and everything taken. This was a luxury apartment complex in a desirable area too. I got nothing back and insurance got me a new window. Thatā€™s it.

I donā€™t believe a suit is a no brained here, but Worth a shot. These properties tend to have the liability language in their leases pretty buttoned up probably protecting them from malfunction or employee oversight. almost all of these situations go through insurance claims.

The property owners didnā€™t break into your Bronco and even if the gates were functioning properly, someone who also parks in the garage and has a fob could break into your Bronco for $6k worth of goodies so the theft could be unrelated to the gate not being locked.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CriticalBroncoTheory

Big Bend
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

F these thieves. Iā€™ve been hit before in my old apartment complex where they would smash and grab and even put cars up on blocks and take wheels. I forgot my backpack and some other things in the backseat and window smashed and everything taken. This was a luxury apartment complex in a desirable area too. I got nothing back and insurance got me a new window. Thatā€™s it.

I donā€™t believe a suit is a no brained here, but Worth a shot. These properties tend to have the liability language in their leases pretty buttoned up probably protecting them from malfunction or employee oversight. almost all of these situations go through insurance claims.

The property owners didnā€™t break into your Bronco and even if the gates were functioning properly, someone who also parks in the garage and has a fob could break into your Bronco for $6k worth of goodies so the theft could be unrelated to the gate not being locked.
1. The gate was functioning they left it open for 2 days and only they have the code needed to hold it open.

2. They aren't liable if the garage is secured and the people.gotnin some how. You cant be a proximate or intervening cause to a loss and absolve yourself. The law doesn't work like that.

3. I do insurance litigation for a living. An insurance claim and a law suit are different beasts.

4. But for the secure gate being left open by the complex employee, we would not be here discussing this.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope so cuz there are a lot of worse things going on right now that are no brainers that people are walking free on. Common sense is not in todays world. Its a šŸ¤” world now.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good for you not taking responsibility for their screw-up. Depending on the property management company, they might cut their losses if it looks like the expense of going to court will outweigh your remuneration. If you can show that security was a factor in your decision to execute a contract (lease) with them, so much the better. They failed to fully perform their duties as promised in the contract, but they've been receiving full consideration (rent) from you.

Good luck and make it sting! šŸ āš–

OP
OP

CriticalBroncoTheory

Big Bend
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good for you not taking responsibility for their screw-up. Depending on the property management company, they might cut their losses if it looks like the expense of going to court will outweigh your remuneration. If you can show that security was a factor in your decision to execute a contract (lease) with them, so much the better. They failed to fully perform their duties as promised in the contract, but they've been receiving full consideration (rent) from you.

Good luck and make it sting! šŸ āš–
Absolutely. I graduate in May and sit for the bar in July. This is the type of shit people need protection from.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I lost about $6k of my stuff. They refuse to take responsibility. Luckily I'm a law student in my final year and work in insurance litigation. They now have a bigger problem on their hands.
Why would you ever leave $6k worth of stuff in a vehicle?

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone confirmed those links that are around $50? Is that the entire toolkit?

OP
OP

CriticalBroncoTheory

Big Bend
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good afternoon folks,

My apartment building in Downtown Dallas left our security gate up over a weekend while I was out of town and 10+ cars were broken into by real pros. No damage to the Bronco at all somehow. Cleaned me out..

I'm here asking for help finding a one stop shop to replace my Bronco toolkit.

I'm trying to take the doors and roof off for a road trip next week.

Not trying to piece it together.. Any suggestions ???

Be kind šŸ˜£
UPDATE

Went to the dealership and the kit cost $66. I used points and got it.

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A common theft of the owners manual, I am in the Bay Area CA and cars have been regularly broken into with having only the owners manuals taken. The thieves are looking to get the key code that is usually left in them.
Sponsored