• Yes - but it's got some flexibility

Votes: 201 47.0%
  • Yes - but if it comes down to it, no

Votes: 71 16.6%
  • No - I'm confidently gonna get whatever I want

Votes: 92 21.5%
  • No - I don't think I need one

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No - I haven't really thought about that yet...

Votes: 6 1.4%

• Total voters

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry there's a lot of words here and if this info exists elsewhere let me know and I'll delete this post

Bored waiting for B&P so...

Reading through a lot of the threads on here and have come across a lot of people's comments that make it seem like money isn't much of a factor in buying their new Bronco. People with multiple nice cars already or people with BMWs, Corvettes or nice new trucks talking about getting a fully optioned out Badlands. If you look at the 'which trim are you getting poll' the majority of votes is for the Badlands (the 2nd most expensive option without counting FE).

I'm just wondering if it's that a lot of people on here make a lot of money OR are at an age where they are settled and can make this kind of purchase easily/intelligently OR have people taken the time to research their budget in depth and can, again, make an intelligent buy OR if people have just never made big purchases like this and don't really understand the financial affect and are just running off of hype and hopes OR are people okay with debt in general and they just want that fully optioned Bronco that bad?

I feel like I have a decent income, I don't have kids, don't have a huge amount of debt, split rent so it's not that bad and yet with the budget I'm giving myself, I'm maxed out at a Big Bend with MAYBE the mid package and even then I look at that monthly payment and it hurts a little to think about.

Are some of us getting false confidence by reading all these rich/older/whatever it is people's comments? haha I understand that everyone should do the research and understand their realistic budget. Just curious if this forum is full of older guys that are settled with money going "I don't understand why people don't just get the WildTrak with the Lux package and a 9.8 triple turbo diesel with the spoiler." Nothing against those guys (I'm jealous). As someone who's never made a big purchase like this, though I can technically afford it, I'm always looking for confidence boosts lol.

To go along with this, maybe the more experienced buyers could throw out some fatherly tips and things that new buyers should expect or understand in terms of APR %, monthly payments, buying a new car VS buying a house first, if you make less than x then you probably shouldn't consider buying the Bronco right now, you only live once so if you can afford it you should definitely do it, it's only worth it if you are settled down, etc.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My budget consists of want vs need vs value. I have a very strict idea in my head of what I consider “value.” So I will add needs which is basically the car itself, add wants and see how I feel about the “value.” If I feel the Outer Banks gives me more value and I feel the 12” screen is priced correctly I will go that route as it’s a few thousand dollars and happiness can be bought. If not, I will add the mid to the BB and call it good.

I don’t know about anyone else but i’m 35. I worked my 50-60-70 hours week back to back to back to back to back to back when I did construction as an electrician. So for me i’m at a point in my life where i’m set to buy whatever the hell I want within reason.

Ween

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
đź›°
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry there's a lot of words here and if this info exists elsewhere let me know and I'll delete this post

Reading through a lot of the threads on here and have come across a lot of people's comments that make it seem like money isn't much of a factor in buying their new Bronco. People with multiple nice cars already or people with BMWs, Corvettes or nice new trucks talking about getting a fully optioned out Badlands. If you look at the 'which trim are you getting poll' the majority of votes is for the Badlands (the 2nd most expensive option without counting FE).

I'm just wondering if it's that a lot of people on here make a lot of money OR are at an age where they are settled and can make this kind of purchase easily/intelligently OR have people taken the time to research their budget in depth and can, again, make an intelligent buy OR if people have just never made big purchases like this and don't really understand the financial affect and are just running off of hype and hopes OR are people okay with debt in general and they just want that fully optioned Bronco that bad?

I feel like I have a decent income, I don't have kids, don't have a huge amount of debt, split rent so it's not that bad and yet with the budget I'm giving myself, I'm maxed out at a Big Bend with MAYBE the mid package and even then I look at that monthly payment and it hurts a little to think about.

Are some of us getting false confidence by reading all these rich/older/whatever it is people's comments? haha I understand that everyone should do the research and understand their realistic budget. Just curious if this forum is full of older guys that are settled with money going "I don't understand why people don't just get the WildTrak with the Lux package and a 9.8 triple turbo diesel with the spoiler." Nothing against those guys (I'm jealous). As someone who's never made a big purchase like this, though I can technically afford it, I'm always looking for confidence boosts lol.

To go along with this, maybe the more experienced buyers could throw out some fatherly tips and things that new buyers should expect or understand in terms of APR %, monthly payments, buying a new car VS buying a house first, if you make less than x then you probably shouldn't consider buying the Bronco right now, you only live once so if you can afford it you should definitely do it, it's only worth it if you are settled down, etc.
Ford Bronco Bronco Budget Poll & Financial Talk 1599078474112

Sponsored

MajorPayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 acura tsx
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I mean no one can make financial decisions for you. If you don't mind a $500+ car payment then go for it.
Never thought I would buy a new car but here I am. I plan to get the OBX, 2.7, Lux, steel bumpers, Tow package, and hoping i can throw the badlands 33s on it too, if not after market.

I got time to put down a nice down payment on it plus trading in a 2012 acura tsx 100k on it.

Definitely gonna have a higher car payment than id ever thought i would but plan to keep it for a long time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Indeed haha everyone in the end makes their own decision based on their situation but a little perspective can help a lot.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First piece of advice: F*ck everyone else. No one matters but you and anyone who's in your immediate family (if you've gotten that far). The examples you describe are all true. This site and the Bronco have attracted all kinds of people and we all have our reasons for buying one. Are some folks more, um, "entitled" than others? Hell yeah. Are some gonna hold your personal choices against you unfairly? Sadly, yes. But like I say, f*ck 'em. This is gonna be your Bronco and no one else's. Own your choices and you'll be sure to take the time to make good ones.

Further advice: Go with your gut. Only you know what is the right thing to do and your gut will tremble if your heart is trying to guilt your brain into submission. Don't ever ignore your gut instincts.

Fatherly advice (I'm 54 and have a kid who's 22 and has bought 2 cars): Find an honest, trustworthy dealer to buy your Bronco from. This will take care of a lot of the concerns you have. Others here will offer great ideas on the banking/financing side, which I am not experienced in so won't begin to talk about. And I know this advice sounds either stupid obvious or stupid impossible. But I keep reading people's comments in the forums where they seem to not realize that they can switch their Bronco to a different dealer than the automated local choice (as long as they do so by Oct. 31). Or that they don't want to get screwed but they don't want to make the effort to look somewhere a little farther than home. But Granger, Stephens and a handful others have buyers flocking to them for reasons beyond price. They have laid plain their policies and kept them public. They are responsive and consistent, engaged and frank. All that tells you volumes about whether you will be able to trust them in the finance department at crunch time. But you can also join Consumer Reports (a non-profit) for hints on car buying if you don't find enough YouTube how-tos that give you confidence. If you join the Arizona group buy conversation here, you may find that helpful. The negotiations are being handled by a good group of forum members so that, hopefully, the other members in the buy all benefit, too. (PM Enro or buzpro for more info.)

HTH.

Last edited:

BigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Right there with ya man on needing advice. I’m paying for a 2019 challenger (which I love) because I was in desperate need for a new car last year and there was no official timetable on when the Bronco would be released. I’ve reserved the Big Bend and I anticipate having a bit of negative equity going into it. But I already own a home, no kids, wife and I make 160k combined but still iffy about setting myself my back financially. But I think my love for the Bronco outweighs it since it’ll eventually be my “Dad car”. Any thoughts...anyone?

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I'm 35, make OK money (made a major career shift last year and am still working my way up in this new field), my budget is tentatively set at $50k with about $15k down (which should result in just under $600/mo x 60 months).

How can I afford that? Well my oldest is finally out of daycare this year and has started public school this week, my youngest will be out of daycare next year. Combined that accounts for about $1500/month freed up.

My biggest concern is not if I can afford this. It's buyer's remorse. I am fickle with cars and get bored very easily. I typically change my ride every 2-3 years, but I get the itch about 12 months after each purchase. The only new car I've ever bought was a Focus ST which I sold after 13 months. I am worried about dropping this much coin and then immediately regretting the decision.

You asked for fatherly advice, so I'll give you some even though we're the same age - the only debt I would recommend carrying is a mortgage (or rent if you haven't bought yet), and 1 car note at a time. If my wife's car wasn't paid off yet, or if either of us still had student loans, or if we had ANY credit card debt, all of those would come first before signing up for another $35k in car loan debt.

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm 35, make OK money (made a major career shift last year and am still working my way up in this new field), my budget is tentatively set at $50k with about $15k down (which should result in just under $600/mo x 60 months).

How can I afford that? Well my oldest is finally out of daycare this year and has started public school this week, my youngest will be out of daycare next year. Combined that accounts for about $1500/month freed up.

My biggest concern is not if I can afford this. It's buyer's remorse. I am fickle with cars and get bored very easily. I typically change my ride every 2-3 years, but I get the itch about 12 months after each purchase. The only new car I've ever bought was a Focus ST which I sold after 13 months. I am worried about dropping this much coin and then immediately regretting the decision.

You asked for fatherly advice, so I'll give you some even though we're the same age - the only debt I would recommend carrying is a mortgage (or rent if you haven't bought yet), and 1 car note at a time. If my wife's car wasn't paid off yet, or if either of us still had student loans, or if we had ANY credit card debt, all of those would come first before signing up for another $35k in car loan debt.
^^ SOLID advice, IMO. ^^

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First piece of advice: F*ck everyone else. No one matters but you and anyone who's in your immediate family (if you've gotten that far). The examples you describe are all true. This site and the Bronco have attracted all kinds of people and we all have our reasons for buying one. Are some folks more, um, "entitled" than others? Hell yeah. Are some gonna hold your personal choices against you unfairly? Sadly, yes. But like I say, f*ck 'em. This is gonna be your Bronco and no one else's. Own your choices and you'll be sure to take the time to make good ones.

Further advice: Go with your gut. Only you know what is the right thing to do and your gut will tremble if your heart is trying to guilt your brain into submission. Don't ever ignore your gut instincts.

Fatherly advice (I'm 54 and have a kid who's 22 and has bought 2 cars): Find an honest, trustworthy dealer to buy your Bronco from. This will take care of a lot of the concerns you have. Others here will offer great ideas on the banking/financing side, which I am not experienced in so won't begin to talk about. And I know this advice sounds either stupid obvious or stupid impossible. But I keep reading people's comments in the forums where they seem to not realize that they can switch their Bronco to a different dealer than the automated local choice (as long as they do so by Oct. 31). Or that they don't want to get screwed but they don't want to make the effort to look somewhere a little farther than home. But Granger, Stephens and a handful others have buyers flocking to them for reasons beyond price. They have laid plain their policies and kept them public. They are responsive and consistent, engaged and frank. All that tells you volumes about whether you will be able to trust them in the finance department at crunch time. But you can also join Consumer Reports (a non-profit) for hints on car buying if you don't find enough YouTube how-tos that give you confidence. If you join the Arizona group buy conversation here, you may find that helpful. The negotiations are being handled by a good group of forum members so that, hopefully, the other members in the buy all benefit, too. (PM Enro or buzzpro for more info.)

HTH.
This was really awesome stuff. Thank you!

Tvcraig75

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New cars are fun, new car payments aren’t always that fun. Start saving now for all the extra BS like tax, title, registration, not sure where you live but that can be a big surprise! Shop around for a good loan, don’t go over 72 months so you don’t spend your whole life paying it off.
And remember, you can always sell a car if it’s too much on you each month. Especially these, shouldnt be a problem reselling.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lockers, 4 doors, rubber floors and $40,000. Thats all im willing to finance, thats including a $5000 down payment. If i need something more like accessories I have to save more cash for it. There will also be a mainland roadtrip and a $1200 shipping fee to Hawaii that I have to save for. I will have to save about $12,000 to do it all with the down payment. When i get back to work I make $22hr. Thats sbout 14 weeks of pay for me. So around 1/4 my salary for a year. I will likely have to chop about 3000 coconuts to make that. 24,000 machete swings. Then after I get it I will be making payments of around $500 for 5 or 6 years. Then its time for a turbo/intercooler upgrade. Then more lift and I think I will stop at 38" SuperSwampers. Boggers out back and TSLs upfront.

Thats my plans so far.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I chose "confident", using that loosely...I want what I want and won't compromise. I have no car payment now, and it's nice, but that has afforded me a large down payment, hope $20k+ and a trade in (or sell if poor trade value at dealer), so I am hoping to have 50-60% paid for and lower payments.
That being said, I want to be under $55k, but that could move to $60k...
Sponsored