First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The loan duration can be changed to what ever you want it to be (12, 36, 48, 54 or 17) and it will calculate a monthly price. 72 & 84 is just what was in there when I saved it. As for the MSRP to Invoice, I was just using the calculation I got from Stephens. I also used a couple calculators online and got the same numbers. I would love to know more about your explanation and advice you gave. I don't know why I like math but I love to learn something new everyday, so you have my attention. How did you come up with 1.05?
In layman's terms, what you had is a 5% discount from MSRP. What he had was calculating the price that when marked up 5% would equal MSRP.

Think of it this way: 75 is a 25% discount from 100 but you have to markup (increase) 75 by 33% to get to 100.
Sponsored

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely. ?

1.05 is just 5% added onto one. So instead of taking a number and multiplying it by 5% (or .05) and then adding that to your whole number, just add the whole number in from the start. 1+5%(or .05) = 1.05.

a good example is tax. If you buy something for $100 and there's 6% tax, just multiple 100*1.06 instead of multiplying 100*.06 and then adding 100. Just a shorter way of doing it.

so in the example I gave above:
6000 / 1.05 = 5,714.29
check it: 5714.29 * 1.05 = 6000

6000 = the MSRP on options
1.05 = 1+5% markup (1+.05)
5714.29 = Invoice

It's just like the algebra we all learned probably many many many years ago...
Code:
Invoice * (1+Markup%) = MSRP
We know MSRP & we assume Markup % as 5%. So as we all learned, how do we solve this multiplication equation when missing what to multiply by? we bring over Markup & have it divide MSRP.
You guys (gals?) are going to do WAAAAAAY better on your final monthly payments than I will, lol. I wish I had your math prowess—now more than ever.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for your work. I see you built a 4DR for base. How you you change to 2Dr?
Also you have MIC roof $695. Base 2 DR is free, cant find sound deadening roof, pod lights, rock rails, etc. Missing a bunch of stuff. Brush guard. Wheel locks. Engine heater. floor liners, bimini top, etc. So should I just add those all up and add them ona blank line?

OP
OP

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for your work. I see you built a 4DR for base. How you you change to 2Dr?
Also you have MIC roof $695. Base 2 DR is free, cant find sound deadening roof, pod lights, rock rails, etc. Missing a bunch of stuff. Brush guard. Wheel locks. Engine heater. floor liners, bimini top, etc. So should I just add those all up and add them ona blank line?
Ok the extras that you mentioned don’t calculate at the bottom. I was using those to compare the difference in the 3 models I was comparing. The numbers in the colored sections are what the calculations are from. So if you know the base 2dr MSRP and invoice price(base off the 2021 Bronco pricing & savings spreadsheet) then put those numbers in and when you build your Bronco on the B&P take the options & accessories price and plug that in. The sheet will calculate based off those numbers plus what ever you put as a down payment and loan data. I have removed all the fluff from the top section, again I was just putting in that information to compare my choices. I’m still on the fence between the BD & BL. I want those signature headlights!

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice work! I still like the black diamond the best. Will be interested to hear peoples opinions when they get the real version on the road.

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in oregon. They tax the hell out of you here. 10% income tax and property tax it of this world. Not to mention all the nut cases who want more money from the working folks. HOWEVER! There is no sales tax which will save me a good 3000.00 compared to some other states. Moving out of oregon but not till I get my bronco ?

Smrideatiger76

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I made some excel sheets to help me narrow down my choices when it came to picking my Bronco. So I wanted to share them with you. Keep in mind when looking at the sheets the only numbers you really need to focus on are the ones in the colored boxes on the bottom of the documents.

The 3 I have made are for the Base, BD and BL. You have the ability to adjust the options pricing along with sales tax, Dealer fees, Down payment and loan information (Loan Length & APR). You can also adjust the tax rate per your state or county (currently set at 6%).

Please let me know if you have any questions, issues or any improvements I can make to this document better. Again just something I threw together to help me out but wanted to share.
Made a few changes and added all trims to the sheet. This is just an example of what I'm currently looking at for myself.
Have fun!

Attachments

OP
OP

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made a few changes and added all trims to the sheet. This is just an example of what I'm currently looking at for myself.
Have fun!
Sweet addition. Hopefully this helps people understand the price gap between MSRP and Invoice. Roughly 2-3k is a big difference. Even with having a Bronco shipped you still come out cheaper in some places!

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I made some excel sheets to help me narrow down my choices when it came to picking my Bronco. So I wanted to share them with you. Keep in mind when looking at the sheets the only numbers you really need to focus on are the ones in the colored boxes on the bottom of the documents.

The 3 I have made are for the Base, BD and BL. You have the ability to adjust the options pricing along with sales tax, Dealer fees, Down payment and loan information (Loan Length & APR). You can also adjust the tax rate per your state or county (currently set at 6%).

Please let me know if you have any questions, issues or any improvements I can make to this document better. Again just something I threw together to help me out but wanted to share.
Osprey, can you share how you came up with or found the invoice number? I thought it was a calculation so for my wildtrak I tried to input my build and arrive at what the invoice would be. Then I realized the invoice field wasn't adjusting to my actions

OP
OP

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Osprey, can you share how you came up with or found the invoice number? I thought it was a calculation so for my wildtrak I tried to input my build and arrive at what the invoice would be. Then I realized the invoice field wasn't adjusting to my actions
Vigor, if you go back to my original thread I updated the file with the other models in the tabs below. The Wildtrack is populated on the file now. I got the invoice/msrp prices on another spreadsheet that another member built. make sure you also update the down payment number as the file was saved with 10k down. If you need anymore help hit me up.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Vigor, if you go back to my original thread I updated the file with the other models in the tabs below. The Wildtrack is populated on the file now. I got the invoice/msrp prices on another spreadsheet that another member built. make sure you also update the down payment number as the file was saved with 10k down. If you need anymore help hit me up.
Thanks osprey. I figured it out after I posted. Should have deleted my comment

Super helpful but I'm sure you know that
Sponsored