broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really cannot decide to Sasquatch or not my big bend build for using the Bronco as a daily driver + overlanding (long distance road trips in Utah, Colorado, NV, CA, OR, WA... that include driving 10 hours on road then off road).
I have done road trips like that for years with a AWD SUV and have never done a trip without it being blocked/altered/shortened because of lack of off road capabilities. It’s been an extreme frustration that as soon as things get more remote and exciting, my car can’t go further. That’s my main motivation in getting a Bronco.

If no squatch, I would take the rear locker option and put 33s. My main reason for going Sasquatch is the peace of mind of « going anywhere » when I overland thanks to the high clearance + the confort of having the Bilstein shocks + the 4A mode (that is not optionable on Big Bend).
My main issue with Squatch is the drivability of 35 tires, especially on long road trips. I have never driven a vehicle with 35 tires and everything I read is either people who say it’s terrible as a daily drive or people saying it’s perfectly fine. Without being able to test drive the Bronco and having to place the order in just a few weeks make it hard.

What do you think?
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch it. There really isn’t a trail you can’t do in Colorado with 2 lockers and 35’s . Some of the extreme ones I wouldn’t recommend but it’s doable if you don’t mind possible body damage. Point I am making is the machine wouldn’t let you down.

418hotrod

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500 , 2000 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just my 2 cents, half that at best, takenit for what it's worth. I swapped to 35" Nitto Terra Graplers on my 2017 F150 with the 2.7 and besides a slight loss of mpg, I had zero issues daily driving that truck 100 miles a day nor trouble on extended road trips. Also had a 2012 JK wrangler 2 door with 37's and a 6" lift. It was a handful on the interstate, but fun in short doses. Eventually went down to 35s also and it was much more pleasurable to drive, I was able to use 6th gear again. All that being said, I'm staying with 33s on my future BL to use in the exact manner you intend to use yours. Daily with long overlanding trips. I expect it will do better than the F150, even with less tire.

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really cannot decide to Sasquatch or not my big bend build for using the Bronco as a daily driver + overlanding (long distance road trips in Utah, Colorado, NV, CA, OR, WA... that include driving 10 hours on road then off road).
I have done road trips like that for years with a AWD SUV and have never done a trip without it being blocked/altered/shortened because of lack of off road capabilities. It’s been an extreme frustration that as soon as things get more remote and exciting, my car can’t go further. That’s my main motivation in getting a Bronco.

If no squatch, I would take the rear locker option and put 33s. My main reason for going Sasquatch is the peace of mind of « going anywhere » when I overland thanks to the high clearance + the confort of having the Bilstein shocks + the 4A mode (that is not optionable on Big Bend).
My main issue with Squatch is the drivability of 35 tires, especially on long road trips. I have never driven a vehicle with 35 tires and everything I read is either people who say it’s terrible as a daily drive or people saying it’s perfectly fine. Without being able to test drive the Bronco and having to place the order in just a few weeks make it hard.

What do you think?
I had an old bronco with 35s and the suspension was old and needed replacing. I got the full mpg and never had a complaint on or off-road. Honestly Im going squatch for overlanding. I would rather take the chances of being uncomfortable on road than getting screwed off-road. As long as you're taking care of your truck and don't ming the 35's "wahwahwah" noise you should be fine.

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What do you think?
get Sasquatch.
if you decide the 35’s are an issue, switch them to the 33’s when the 35’s wear out (or before of you want). then you still keep all the goodies of the Sasquatch package and have the more economical drive of the 33’s

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

What do you think?
The move from a Squatch Big Bend to Badlands should be less than $2k. You'd get the much more road friendly 33s and a rig that will take you anywhere you want to go. I'm Badlands 2.7L and definitely no Squatch. People get used to 35s and will tell you're they're fine, but there's no debating that 33s on the road will be a lot better.

That said, I imagine a Big Bend w/rear locker and more aggressive 32" tires will take you pretty far off the beaten track. You'll be surprised at the capability.

Naegling

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Expedition, Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking to do pretty much the exact same thing, but I'm going non squatch badlands. With the upgrades I want, the price difference is miniscule between the BL and the BB at that point.

For me, the replacement cost, and the extra height getting in and out everyday, and just the general inconvenience of it, isn't worth it for the 35's. But I'm a middle aged man who plans to have this rig for 20+ years...

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What do you think?
Are you going with the 2.3 or 2.7?

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine will be squatched and used often for many long-distance road trips. The ability to get anywhere and handle anything is important to me when going camping in remote places.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In having the same debate honestly, but it's between the BD and the BL, neither of them squatched. When i get up to the BL, i just don't think i need the sway disco or heavier front diff and i like the interior of the BD much better. In trying to keep it lighter for efficiency asbwell. If i know i can add 33s to the BD and be ok for some overlanding, im stopping there, but at this point i have no idea. It's killing me.

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Complaints about the noise of 35s have to do with their design rather than their size! I think the same holds true for drivability on a well designed and maintained vehicle. I have 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my F150 Platinum and take long trips in it all the time. No complaints about noise or drivability. I will just as quickly take my F150 as my wife's Lexus.
I don't know anything about the 35" Goodyears. If you don't like the tire (for whatever reason) replace it with one of the new hybrid tires (like my Nitto Ridge Grapplers). You'll be glad you did.
Here's my Nittos just so you can see the tread pattern.
BTW - I'm a 65 yo.
Ford Bronco Bronco Build for Overlanding Nitto Ridge Grappler

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the B&P first came out, BB/Squatch was my initial choice because I wanted Mid. Then I switched to BD/Squatch. That was less than a $1K upgrade and you get a number of upgrades that make it a better offroad vehicle, upgraded bash plates, rock rails, modular bumper. Now I've migrated to BL/non-Squatch. It has all the offroad goodies with 33s. Should I decide I want to upgrade to 35s in the future, I'm anticipating that will be an easy process when starting with a BL/non-Squatch. However, I'm holding off my final decision until we know exactly what the difference is between BL Squatch and non-Squatch. There is some extra lift, but anything else?

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd vote Badlands on the 33" Goodyear Territorys. That's what I'm doing in an effort to have a well rounded solution for DD, road trip, and off road.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In having the same debate honestly, but it's between the BD and the BL, neither of them squatched. When i get up to the BL, i just don't think i need the sway disco or heavier front diff and i like the interior of the BD much better. In trying to keep it lighter for efficiency asbwell. If i know i can add 33s to the BD and be ok for some overlanding, im stopping there, but at this point i have no idea. It's killing me.
Looking at the side shot from the Shadow Black 4DR Black Diamond, there appears to enough vertical height and wheel arch to fit 33's. Only talking about an inch total height difference.

The issue is the width and how to set up the wheel offset and such.
Now if you went 255/80R17 I think you'd be good and could use the same wheels if you wanted.

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the B&P first came out, BB/Squatch was my initial choice because I wanted Mid. Then I switched to BD/Squatch. That was less than a $1K upgrade and you get a number of upgrades that make it a better offroad vehicle, upgraded bash plates, rock rails, modular bumper. Now I've migrated to BL/non-Squatch. It has all the offroad goodies with 33s. Should I decide I want to upgrade to 35s in the future, I'm anticipating that will be an easy process when starting with a BL/non-Squatch. However, I'm holding off my final decision until we know exactly what the difference is between BL Squatch and non-Squatch. There is some extra lift, but anything else?
I don't THINK there's a difference other than 10mm of extra lift from either stiffer or longer springs.
Sponsored