First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Taurus SHO, 1971 429 drag pack mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In your 9/19 Build Week looks like the 9/21's have already popped, and most of 9/22's, and bout half of 9/23's. But the spreadsheet doesn't have yours listed. Maybe get in there and talk it over. If you really have 9/21 Blend on WS, it looks unusual to not have Modules yet
Just checked Modules again, looks like it's alive đź‘Ť
Sponsored

Beeswax

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

First off the window sticker.

Reference example (labeled)

1631559174311-png.png

1631559185611-png.png

BLEND DATE
1633617466655.png

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. My blend above shows "2021/10/14" So my Bronco is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

PLACE IN LINE
1633617679030.png

This shows I am the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Bronco and Ranger since they run down the same line.

EDIT 10/19: This number has become bigger recently, due to MAP orders processing in larger batches. This number is not always a daily or weekly total, it had been a daily total for a few months due to production orders sent to MAP for processing in a daily batch. Recently they have been sent in larger 3/4 day batches, so this number is in the few thousands.

ROTATION #
1633617861032.png

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your bronco has to go to the Mod shop for roof rack, body graphics, or safari bar, that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Bronco is selected for random extra Quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

MODULES
While we sit and wait wondering if our Bronco has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Bronco has been built.

Edit: 10/19 - Modules have been taking longer than before to populate. This use to happen within hours of being built, there is current evidence this system now has some lag and can take a couple days to populate. It is still useful to verify the Bronco has been produced, especially if you have a delayed Build email due to QA issue etc.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/asbuilt

1633618976934.png

SHIPPING
Now our Bronco is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave MAP, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Bronco leaves.

1633619089846.png

Generally, convoy is within a few states of Michigan, Rail is the rest of the country. Your Bronco can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Bronco ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Bronco is sitting in, or have them track it for you. Dealers have the ability to track it and see the rail car number in the Vehicle Visibility system. The rail car number should also populate on your DORA after shipping out.
Instead of NA my window sticker says NB. Not sure what that means.

AKcyn

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I Googled it and NB means New Brunswick. Mine has the same thing and will eventually get to Alaska.

NJAC

Outer Banks
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This info has been so helpful even to those still going through the process a year later. My 23 bronco is on a rail car and I got the tracking number and just called Norfolk southern. What does intermediate delivery mean? It said intermediate delivery meridian Mississippi 12/28/22 8:38am. That’s about 120 miles from the dealership where I’m taking delivery.

js31pilot

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think that intermediate delivery would be a truck convoy to the dealership. Admittedly it is only a guess though.

Sponsored

NJAC

Outer Banks
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would think that intermediate delivery would be a truck convoy to the dealership. Admittedly it is only a guess though.
I sure hope you’re right! Would love to take delivery before the new year. We completed the buying paperwork yesterday!

NJAC

Outer Banks
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I sure hope you’re right! Would love to take delivery before the new year. We completed the buying paperwork yesterday!
Just called the number again and it says there’s no tracing information so I’m assuming that means it’s off the rail car!

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just called the number again and it says there’s no tracing information so I’m assuming that means it’s off the rail car!
Mine says the same thing, I didn’t know what that meant.

calizabeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Callie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Instead of NA my window sticker says NB. Not sure what that means.
Mine says NB as well…I’m in northern Indiana just below where they get built so not sure why I wouldn’t have NA!

BigRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2-DR Outer Banks had a blend date of 4/13/23 and all modules, tear tag and window sticker have been produced. Ford customer service says "It's built but can't provide a shipping date at this time."
Since the Outer Banks comes with running boards I assume it could have went to the outside body shop for installation?????
Ford can't track at this point??

Thanks for any insight.

Sponsored

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What about those people who bought off the lot? When I enter the VIN and the order number, it cannot be found on Ford's website. I know everything I can from the window sticker, just was hoping to gleam a little more from Ford's database. Is it possible to track my vehicle's build history (I'm a nerd that way)? My Bronco was special ordered, and for whatever reason, the individual backed out at some point which granted me the opportunity. Is there a way to retroactively get the history?

Gleas

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wildtrak is on the rail right now and headed to Selkirk, NY on CSX. Hopefully we will see it in the next few weeks. Please excuse me if this mystery has been solved already, but I think I figured out what NB on the window sticker is. After leaving the Wayne Michigan terminal CSX's next stop is in New Boston, MI (NB) Not sure whether my Bronco got loaded there or transferred to a specific rail route there, but I am guessing that is the mysterious NB. Looking at the satellite on Google Maps, there are a lot of vehicles there.

rcheneyjr

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 21 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Newbie here…if I placed my order at the dealer on 7/15/23, how long before I hear anything from Ford? (The dealer said maybe a month, is that correct?)

OscarHTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Newbie here…if I placed my order at the dealer on 7/15/23, how long before I hear anything from Ford? (The dealer said maybe a month, is that correct?)
Hear back as in get a notification about your orde being placed? From my understanding is you or the dealee get a response usually within half an hour.

rcheneyjr

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 21 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hear back as in get a notification about your orde being placed? From my understanding is you or the dealee get a response usually within half an hour.
Interesting, my dealer said it can take a month.
Sponsored