Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Bronco is sitting in, or have them track it for you. Dealers have the ability to track it and see the rail car number in the Vehicle Visibility system. The rail car number should also populate on your DORA after shipping out.
Amazing information. Thank you. One question: what's a DORA?
Sponsored

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the information @Ksjrb03!

I will add this perspective for all those who have build dates approaching: if you’re listed as Convoy just know it will now take several weeks before your build ships and your status may stay listed as “In Production” until you do ship, even though your rig is built! There are many of us who were built all throughout Sept and are still listed as in production as our Bronco sits in a lot waiting for the convoy car hauler due to the driver shortage. Some builds with blend dates the first week of Sept have finally shipped and arrived this week, but most from Sept week #2 and later are still waiting.

I just wanted to help temper expectations for upcoming builds and give some personal experience as I continue to wait on my Bronco whose modules popped a week and a half ago. on the positive side once your modules pop you know your Bronco is built!
Yes. Mine has been built since 9/17. Nothing since.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think somebody may have already asked, but we won't have a Blend Date until we are approaching our Build Date, correct?

Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the information @Ksjrb03!

I will add this perspective for all those who have build dates approaching: if you’re listed as Convoy just know it will now take several weeks before your build ships and your status may stay listed as “In Production” until you do ship, even though your rig is built! There are many of us who were built all throughout Sept and are still listed as in production as our Bronco sits in a lot waiting for the convoy car hauler due to the driver shortage. Some builds with blend dates the first week of Sept have finally shipped and arrived this week, but most from Sept week #2 and later are still waiting.

I just wanted to help temper expectations for upcoming builds and give some personal experience as I continue to wait on my Bronco whose modules popped a week and a half ago. on the positive side once your modules pop you know your Bronco is built!
Ok since my blend date was 10/28 and my modules popped 10/02 maybe my Bronco is waiting on a train🤞

whitmack1

Outer Banks
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Sahara JKU / '18 4Runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

First off the window sticker.

Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More DORA

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. My blend above shows "2021/10/14" So my Bronco is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More DORA

This shows I am the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Bronco and Ranger since they run down the same line.

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your bronco has to go to the Mod shop for roof rack, body graphics, or safari bar, that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Bronco is selected for random extra Quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

While we sit and wait wondering if our Bronco has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Bronco has been built.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/asbuilt

Now our Bronco is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave MAP, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Bronco leaves.

Generally, convoy is within a few states of Michigan, Rail is the rest of the country. Your Bronco can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Bronco ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Bronco is sitting in, or have them track it for you. Dealers have the ability to track it and see the rail car number in the Vehicle Visibility system. The rail car number should also populate on your DORA after shipping out.
Thanks for doing this.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question I got an email from Ford this morning saying my Bronco had shipped. Does that mean it is on the train or that it has made it to the yard to be loaded?

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the post and explanation!

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering today is my blend date, this thread is ultra helpful. Thank you!

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
can't imagine why some dealers are making things difficult when people are doing this sort of thing /s

After dealing with the ATF for dozens of NFA approvals, I've learned that pestering the poor guy answering the phones doesn't make things move any faster.
Good thing this isn’t the ATF.

You won’t get far in this tracking endeavor without some persistence. In my experience, one out of every 15 reps on the Bronco marketing phone line will be honest with you about tracking your Bronco. I know this because I called I think 15 or 17 times one day until that one person answered the phone and then finally answered my question honestly.

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think somebody may have already asked, but we won't have a Blend Date until we are approaching our Build Date, correct?
You won’t have a blend date until you get your window sticker, which is usually about a week before your blend date.
Question I got an email from Ford this morning saying my Bronco had shipped. Does that mean it is on the train or that it has made it to the yard to be loaded?
It should mean it just left the plant. The Ford system can lag sometimes so it’s hard to know exactly.

fishahkat

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, thanks so much. I got my window sticker yesterday and was wondering what a lot of it meant.

I’ve got the same blend date 10/14, unit 4/881, and rotation number 3523. My birthday is October 27th.. might just be the best birthday ever.

July 14 reservation, Feb 12 order, Original scheduled for production week of Sep 20, delayed to week of Oct 11.

4 door OBX, Lux, Tow, 2.7, soft top.

Last edited:

Hanverg07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome guide! It really tells you everything about the building and tracking process. We have more knowledge now👍 Thank you👏 for sharing such good value!

Sulleyy

Black Diamond
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is pure gold! I got a VIN last week and was just about to start researching how to track it when it got closer to my build week. Thank you!!
Sponsored