First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THANK YOU! i needed this a few weeks ago!
Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, great info. Mine had a Blend date of 10/4 but still shows "in production". Saw your thread and did the Module VIN check and the computers are alive! :D Of course now the waiting begins and I appreciate the reasons giving on why it hasn't reached ship status (mine is "RAIL" so shouldn't be related to trucker shortages...). Hopefully not a QC problem (no hardtop for me).

Would it help to reach out to my dealer armed with the computer module trick so they realize I know it has been built. I assume they could dig a big deeper if they wanted to. They probably already consider me a pain since they tell me I am always the first to ask various things in the past, thanks to 6G. I must be their only customer that uses this site...

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great info.

I will add though that from what I could tell not all do show a rail car number. We had screen shots of others that had the rail car #s in the secondary status fields and we had screen shots of ours and it never showed the rail car #.

Also It appeared to only update its location once a day but still no rail car #.

Once ours reached the final destination the ford tracking ended but it ended from the previous day so the dealer just showed that it was a few hours out for days. He sent me pics of the screen each day.

O the reason we could track ours was because we tracked another that was shipped the same day and figured they would not ship it on two different trains coming to the same city....ok they could but they didn't.
This is my experience as well. My dealer is one of the good ones with a staff member dedicated to their Bronco buyers, and was able to see that mine had made it to Chicago, but was unable to see a rail car number.

This is an excellent guide to the process, do keep in mind that as OP said, these systems aren’t always the best. My built and shipped emails came in pretty much as expected, but my modules didn’t show live until days later. Others in my build week thread saw them first. Like the pirate says, “The code is more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules”.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got a build week scheduled finally and while its going be a few more weeks until my window sticker goes live, I was wondering about all the terms I've seen floating around relating to the build process. I was hesitant to ask since there are an over abundance of condescending assholes on this forum. Thanks for the great write up!

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a build week scheduled finally and while its going be a few more weeks until my window sticker goes live, I was wondering about all the terms I've seen floating around relating to the build process. I was hesitant to ask since there are an over abundance of condescending assholes on this forum. Thanks for the great write up!
Hey not all of us are assholes! I try to help when I can....

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yesterday was my blend. Today I got the build complete email and an estimated shipping timeframe. My modules still haven't popped. Odd.

robertccribb

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found out last week that my Badlands is scheduled for production. But I am super confused. It is a MIC Hard Top. I was under the impression that those where being moved to MY22? It also says it’s a December 6 scheduled build date. Now I am not complaining I am excited to have a build date. But I don’t want the gut punch of this all being a mistake. Any idea what’s going on?
Thanks
Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More BC175576-6DF4-41C2-B541-14AADDFF3E95

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yesterday was my blend. Today I got the build complete email and an estimated shipping timeframe. My modules still haven't popped. Odd.
This is from the top of my W/S:
Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633809687524

Sometime yesterday, the tracker updated with a delivery date (it wasn't there when I checked before lunch, but was later in the day):
Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633809730121

The modules still haven't popped, but otherwise it looks like I am on track with 27 days til I ride.

I would check the tracker from the "your order has been scheduled" email to get the pizza tracker. See what it shows.

[EDIT - 10/10]: Just got the "built" e-mail, but the tracker still looks like the above. Maybe by tomorrow it will update.

Last edited:

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is from the top of my W/S:
Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633809730121

Sometime yesterday, the tracker updated with a delivery date (it wasn't there when I checked before lunch, but was later in the day):

The modules still haven't popped, but otherwise it looks like I am on track with 27 days til I ride.

I would check the tracker from the "your order has been scheduled" email to get the pizza tracker. See what it shows.
Mine shows as built. Still no modules though.

4773D717-9855-4A8A-816A-1F63B644F50C.jpeg

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my built email today, but this what the Module Build Data shows.

Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633817294839

Also, something to note for others. i assumed my would be by rail since mine is going to Central Arkansas, but window sticker shows convoy.

Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633817399573

Great Guide, helped fill in a lot of blanks for me!!!!

Sponsored

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

First off the window sticker.

Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633817399573

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. My blend above shows "2021/10/14" So my Bronco is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

This shows I am the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Bronco and Ranger since they run down the same line.

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your bronco has to go to the Mod shop for roof rack, body graphics, or safari bar, that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Bronco is selected for random extra Quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

While we sit and wait wondering if our Bronco has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Bronco has been built.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/asbuilt

Now our Bronco is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave MAP, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Bronco leaves.

Generally, convoy is within a few states of Michigan, Rail is the rest of the country. Your Bronco can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Bronco ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Bronco is sitting in, or have them track it for you. Dealers have the ability to track it and see the rail car number in the Vehicle Visibility system. The rail car number should also populate on your DORA after shipping out.
Very Nice

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Found out last week that my Badlands is scheduled for production. But I am super confused. It is a MIC Hard Top. I was under the impression that those where being moved to MY22? It also says it’s a December 6 scheduled build date. Now I am not complaining I am excited to have a build date. But I don’t want the gut punch of this all being a mistake. Any idea what’s going on?
Thanks
Your scheduled! Your gonna get a 21 congrats

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, great info. Mine had a Blend date of 10/4 but still shows "in production". Saw your thread and did the Module VIN check and the computers are alive! :D Of course now the waiting begins and I appreciate the reasons giving on why it hasn't reached ship status (mine is "RAIL" so shouldn't be related to trucker shortages...). Hopefully not a QC problem (no hardtop for me).

Would it help to reach out to my dealer armed with the computer module trick so they realize I know it has been built. I assume they could dig a big deeper if they wanted to. They probably already consider me a pain since they tell me I am always the first to ask various things in the past, thanks to 6G. I must be their only customer that uses this site...
It can take a while to ship even rail. It’s regional so it is probably as simple as waiting for enough ready to fill a rail car.

Alabama Bronco Society

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is great information, and I really appreciate the thorough explanation. Unfortunately, I still have no idea where my Bronco is. Let me clarify that I have had a VIN since May 27th. My tracker has never changed from In Production to Built. I have been in constant contact with the GM of the dealership where I have my reservation who has tried his best to keep me updated. I laugh as I celebrate 81 days after my supposed build date of 7/21 with no update official from Ford. I have never received a push back production date email.
My build is as follows:
- 2dr Black Diamond
- non-Sasquatch
- manual 2.3
- safari bar
- tow package
- My blend date was supposedly 7/21
- 105/872 possible units built within that time frame
- 102 rotation
- It is being delivered by RAIL
- All of my BCE modules are active as far as I can tell

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great information, and I really appreciate the thorough explanation. Unfortunately, I still have no idea where my Bronco is. Let me clarify that I have had a VIN since May 27th. My tracker has never changed from In Production to Built. I have been in constant contact with the GM of the dealership where I have my reservation who has tried his best to keep me updated. I laugh as I celebrate 81 days after my supposed build date of 7/21 with no update official from Ford. I have never received a push back production date email.
My build is as follows:
- 2dr Black Diamond
- non-Sasquatch
- manual 2.3
- safari bar
- tow package
- My blend date was supposedly 7/21
- 105/872 possible units built within that time frame
- 102 rotation
- It is being delivered by RAIL
- All of my BCE modules are active as far as I can tell
Wow, that is bad. I am sure that is very frustrating. I can only guess that yours is at DM. It seems the only logical thing. At Least they are working thru those now, although yours should have been the first. Good luck.
Sponsored