First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Question about my scheduled build number. I’m schuedled for 10/25. I assume map can’t crank out 2166 a day. Would this mean mine will likely be built 10//23-10/24 on over time?

Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 63C6FEC0-9FF3-4CF9-8858-D8A99424C0D3
Sponsored

Sheila Tequila

Badlands
First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Explorer, 20017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks so much! I have my sticker and now feel equipped to track my girl!

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thanks for info

Jba02

First Edition
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have Vin and window sticker says blend date 09/08/21 For First Edition With estimated delivery 10/10. Obviously it has been pushed back. Dealer said my First Edition was only one they were getting in. Now surprised to see they have two hard top First Editions on showroom floor with a $110k firm price??
Not sure how those made it in but losing trust.

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the information. Great job explaining the process.

Sponsored

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

First off the window sticker.

Reference example (labeled)

Ford Bronco Bronco Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 63C6FEC0-9FF3-4CF9-8858-D8A99424C0D3

BLEND DATE

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. My blend above shows "2021/10/14" So my Bronco is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

PLACE IN LINE

This shows I am the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Bronco and Ranger since they run down the same line.

EDIT 10/19: This number has become bigger recently, due to MAP orders processing in larger batches. This number is not always a daily or weekly total, it had been a daily total for a few months due to production orders sent to MAP for processing in a daily batch. Recently they have been sent in larger 3/4 day batches, so this number is in the few thousands.

ROTATION #

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your bronco has to go to the Mod shop for roof rack, body graphics, or safari bar, that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Bronco is selected for random extra Quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

MODULES
While we sit and wait wondering if our Bronco has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Bronco has been built.

Edit: 10/19 - Modules have been taking longer than before to populate. This use to happen within hours of being built, there is current evidence this system now has some lag and can take a couple days to populate. It is still useful to verify the Bronco has been produced, especially if you have a delayed Build email due to QA issue etc.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/asbuilt

SHIPPING
Now our Bronco is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave MAP, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Bronco leaves.

Generally, convoy is within a few states of Michigan, Rail is the rest of the country. Your Bronco can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Bronco ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Bronco is sitting in, or have them track it for you. Dealers have the ability to track it and see the rail car number in the Vehicle Visibility system. The rail car number should also populate on your DORA after shipping out.
mine is showing Module Build Date (As-Build)?????

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So a rotation number is essentially the unit was the 3117th built. A sequential account of model builds?

Atcoop

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have Vin and window sticker says blend date 09/08/21 For First Edition With estimated delivery 10/10. Obviously it has been pushed back. Dealer said my First Edition was only one they were getting in. Now surprised to see they have two hard top First Editions on showroom floor with a $110k firm price??
Not sure how those made it in but losing trust.
I'm with you on this one. 09/08/21 blend date for my Badlands 4dr with a MIC and it still reports as in production with an estimated delivery of 10/28 (didn't make it) and dealer says its "pending update" I've started 3 additional Emails to them but don't even know what to say. how do we at least figure out what is wrong with them.?

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

This is what makes B6G such a valuable tool for many of us trying to navigate the BRONCO maze from ordering, waiting and customizing especially in the absence of information from FORD or the dealers.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for this!
so my bronco has shipped, but now the tracker on the ford website doesn’t work. I verified my order number and vin are correct. Anyone else experience this?

Sponsored

budfleck

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2024 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were to order a Bronco today with a soft top what would my delivery date most likely be? I have been told 8 weeks to a year and a half.

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I were to order a Bronco today with a soft top what would my delivery date most likely be? I have been told 8 weeks to a year and a half.
My dealer said the official line from Ford on most builds is one year. I ordered a four door base soft top and he said possibly three to six months. So we'll see. I don't think anybody really knows. It's purely luck of the draw at this point.

Reactions: LCW

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BLEND DATE

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. My blend above shows "2021/10/14" So my Bronco is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

PLACE IN LINE

This shows I am the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Bronco and Ranger since they run down the same line.

EDIT 10/19: This number has become bigger recently, due to MAP orders processing in larger batches. This number is not always a daily or weekly total, it had been a daily total for a few months due to production orders sent to MAP for processing in a daily batch. Recently they have been sent in larger 3/4 day batches, so this number is in the few thousands.

ROTATION #

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your bronco has to go to the Mod shop for roof rack, body graphics, or safari bar, that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Bronco is selected for random extra Quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

MODULES
While we sit and wait wondering if our Bronco has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Bronco has been built.

Edit: 10/19 - Modules have been taking longer than before to populate. This use to happen within hours of being built, there is current evidence this system now has some lag and can take a couple days to populate. It is still useful to verify the Bronco has been produced, especially if you have a delayed Build email due to QA issue etc.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/asbuilt

SHIPPING
Now our Bronco is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave MAP, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Bronco leaves.

Generally, convoy is within a few states of Michigan, Rail is the rest of the country. Your Bronco can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Bronco ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Bronco is sitting in, or have them track it for you. Dealers have the ability to track it and see the rail car number in the Vehicle Visibility system. The rail car number should also populate on your DORA after shipping out.
Really great info! I went to my dealership tonight and they said they wouldn't know how to track it.

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm brand new to the forum, and this answered so may questions! Thank you!

Just Cruising

Big Bend
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the info, I received an email saying that build date was 1/10 and could pull window sticker up but it shows not available every time I try to pull it up.
Sponsored