zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A vehicle purchase is not one of those investments that are financially sound or that add to your bottom line. Indeed there are few major purchases that lose as much value the moment you become an owner. Add to that the regular costs of insurance, fuel and maintenance and you really are buying a black hole that sucks in $ with relentless efficiency.

But is it possible that the Bronco may turn out to be a wise investment?!

I believe it can!

Sure the Bronco is very capable off road but it is civilised enough to be a perfect daily.

When a vehicle looks this good who wants to drive anything else especially since you can ignore the weather; rain or shine it is the perfect transport no matter if you’re going for a milk run to the neighborhood grocery or to the office or the wilds.

So, if it can become your one and only vehicle, the one that you cannot stand to leave at home, the one that you hate to park and cannot get back in to ride again, the one that like your favourite pair of shoes you always reach for, then, I am certain that the Bronco can actually save you money by becoming your one and only owned vehicle.

So, if you love it enough it will be a great and financially sound investment.

Investment in the sense that if one must have a vehicle and must purchase one then will it not be financially sound to be able to keep and use just one for various tasks over several years than change vehicles frequently? It may not increase in value but it can keep you from needless spending.

Will the Bronco be a sound investment for you?
Sponsored

Last edited:

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Although this was beautifully written OP, I'm sorry but no matter how you cut it -- spending $30k+ is just like how it sounds.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A vehicle purchase is not one of those investments that are financially sound or that add to your bottom line. Indeed there are few major purchases that lose as much value the moment you become an owner. Add to that the regular costs of insurance, fuel and maintenance and you really are buying a black hole that sucks in $ with relentless efficiency.

But is it possible that the Bronco may turn out to be a wise investment?!

I believe it can!

Sure the Bronco is very capable off road but it is civilised enough to be a perfect daily.

When a vehicle looks this good who wants to drive anything else especially since you can ignore the weather; rain or shine it is the perfect transport no matter if you’re going for a milk run to the neighborhood grocery or to the office or the wilds.

So, if it can become your one and only vehicle, the one that you cannot stand to leave at home, the one that you hate to park and cannot get back in to ride again, the one that like your favourite pair of shoes you always reach for, then, I am certain that the Bronco can actually save you money by becoming your one and only owned vehicle.

So, if you love it enough it will be a great and financially sound investment.

Will the Bronco be a sound investment for you?
Well, if you are a typical: sell every 3-years kinda person... it's a medium. Taking it off the lot will be the most expensive part of ownership!! good news, after that, it should depreciate in a similar fashion as a Jeep. After 5-years, it will still hold most of it's value, maybe about 55% of the purchase price.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, no. It is not an investment, unless you are going to keep it low mile, pristine and order it in a unique way (First Edition, early production). You may make it a wise use of your transportation budget? For me it’s probably a 10-15% premium over what I would usually spend (same price as and many of the same options as my F150, without the normal $5-7k in incentives on the F150 in my market). It may hold resale value higher and end up a wash.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ah, no. It is not an investment, unless you are going to keep it low mile, pristine and order it a a unique way (First Edition, early production). You may make it a wise use of your transportation budget. For me it’s probably a 10-15% premium over what I would usually spend (same price as and many of the same options as my F150, without the normal $5-7k in incentives on the F150 in my market). It may hold resale value higher and end up a wash.
I certainly don’t mean investment in the sense that is buying a stock but rather whether it can save one money in the long run by making one a one car guy or gal?

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only way you could even consider this a good investment is ... if we get lucky, and this Bronco becomes as popular as the original gen 1 bronco has.

40+ years after they came out, they are going for much more than what they were bought for, roughly double or triple the original MSRP (after you take into account inflation). Even then, an investment that takes 40 years to double or triple is not what I would consider to be good.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I certainly don’t mean investment in the sense that is buying a stock but rather whether it can save one money in the long run by making one a one car guy or gal?
becoming a car guy (or gal) is no way to save money, only to spend more.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
becoming a car guy (or gal) is no way to save money, only to spend more.
In NYC or Chicago or SF etc that may be true but for most of us car ownership is a necessity.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just short of rolling you money and smoking it...

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure what that means. Multiple cars is more money, but none of it is an investment.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, if you are a typical: sell every 3-years kinda person... it's a medium. Taking it off the lot will be the most expensive part of ownership!! good news, after that, it should depreciate in a similar fashion as a Jeep. After 5-years, it will still hold most of it's value, maybe about 55% of the purchase price.
It also depends upon where you are at.

Here in Arizona, Jeeps instantly depreciate to a bit below invoice price of the model year off the lot. Then good condition ones slowly sink to about 2/3rds at about 10 years. Then go back up to orginal sticker around 20 yo.
This is because they don't rust here and are desirable nation wide.

I suspect a Bronco out here will be the same.

Not an "investment " like the OP suggested, but not a cash eating hole in the pavement like a Cadillac either.