Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco makes a sound but Bronco is NOT a sound investment.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By your definition no.

I have multiple tools, firearms, knives, cars, clothes, and shoes for different uses.

I would no sooner have a single vehicle as have just one of the other things mentioned.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't consider these as investments, less depreciation the better and these vehicles does support an outdoor lifestyle and create great memories.. I just came back from a 1800 miles road trip in my Rubicon from Denver to St. George and took lot of offroad trails on the drive which would not have been possible in regular cars.

I bought a 2013 JKUR and traded it in 2016 October, it only depreciated $1500 during the 40 months I owned it, I do consider this as a good investment as this was my daily driver and had taken it on several trails and camping trips which would not have been possible with a regular car. If I had bought any other new car it would definitely have depreciated more (4Runner and Tacmoa TRD pros might be exceptions).

My 2017 JKUR probably depreciated around $12,000 in the last 4 years, the reason for the higher depreciation is it was more loaded compared to the first Rubicon I owned (MSRP $45,000 vs $35,000).

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By your definition no.

I have multiple tools, firearms, knives, cars, clothes, and shoes for different uses.

I would no sooner have a single vehicle as have just one of the other things mentioned.
So if you had one knife that did it all for you and that kept you from buying two dozen other knives, will that not save you money??

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By definition, purchasing a mass-produced vehicle brand new is a terrible investment. It depreciates instantly and forever.

Based on your post description, I believe 'opportunity cost' is the term you're looking for.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look at what happens to wrangler resale. Typically I don’t consider anything that loses value to be an investment. That being said you are getting value from it that exceeds a number on a portfolio print out.

to truly be an investment it would need to be a highly desired collectible usually made in small numbers.

a few mass produced cars have become valuable but only 30-50 years after their introduction. If you would apply a 6% return to that original selling price you would have very few examples that have really turned out to be investments

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A vehicle purchase is not one of those investments that are financially sound or that add to your bottom line. Indeed there are few major purchases that lose as much value the moment you become an owner. Add to that the regular costs of insurance, fuel and maintenance and you really are buying a black hole that sucks in $ with relentless efficiency.

But is it possible that the Bronco may turn out to be a wise investment?!

I believe it can!

Sure the Bronco is very capable off road but it is civilised enough to be a perfect daily.

When a vehicle looks this good who wants to drive anything else especially since you can ignore the weather; rain or shine it is the perfect transport no matter if you’re going for a milk run to the neighborhood grocery or to the office or the wilds.

So, if it can become your one and only vehicle, the one that you cannot stand to leave at home, the one that you hate to park and cannot get back in to ride again, the one that like your favourite pair of shoes you always reach for, then, I am certain that the Bronco can actually save you money by becoming your one and only owned vehicle.

So, if you love it enough it will be a great and financially sound investment.

Investment in the sense that if one must have a vehicle and must purchase one then will it not be financially sound to be able to keep and use just one for various tasks over several years than change vehicles frequently? It may not increase in value but it can keep you from needless spending.

Will the Bronco be a sound investment for you?
No chance!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So if you had one knife that did it all for you and that kept you from buying two dozen other knives, will that not save you money??
Although that would save me money that knife does not exist.

I'm a knife guy, I cannot think of one single knife that I would use for daily carry, hunting, fishing, packages, eating, and a "wedding knife."

That vehicle does not exist either, and if it it did it wouldn't be a Bronco.

All season tires are a good example okay for everything, but not good for anything.

Edit: Also, I wish my wife would let me have 2 dozen knifes.

Last edited:

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I used to be this guy and used to take my regular SUV on roads I should not have taken it and decided to trade-in my car to buy a new Jeep so that I can go on trails. If I had added the Jeep as a 3rd vehicle or bought a ATV/trailer etc. it would not have been a smart investment.. nothing against people who do that, just my pov..

Ford Bronco BRONCO: Can it be a sound investment? IMG_4003.PNG

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We need Dave Ramsey to comment. Liquor and Whores might be better!

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm betting around $60k that it will pay huge dividends to my personal (and family) enjoyment for years to come.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if you get one of the first ones delivered at a good price, you could probably drive it for a couple of months and sell it for what you paid for it (or more). That window of time will be brief however.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like this is preparing for a discussion with the significant other.
No honey I promise this is a good investment!

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think if you get one of the first ones delivered at a good price, you could probably drive it for a couple of months and sell it for what you paid for it (or more). That window of time will be brief however.
That would be investment in the traditional sense....buy low, sell high.

A car, unless a Ferrari or GT40 etc is unlikely to be that kind of an investment for the average person.

However if a vehicle can keep you from changing vehicles frequently or owning two or three or more vehicles for different tasks then it can be a smart buy, a good investment as it saves you money in the long haul.

And we all know that penny saved is a penny earned.
Sponsored