indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will the Bronco be a sound investment for you?
I would say if someone buys a new Bronco, and has one hell of a good time with it, making real use of the key functionalities (top off and the 4x4/offroad functionalities), then it could be worth it financially, in the sense of cost worth the benefit. But if buying just to drive on pavement and imagine doing things? Not so good.

Also keep in mind the alternatives. For example, I have three vehicles that in total cost less than what some folks spend on one vehicle. More fun for me and family - especially since we use the vehicle functionalities.
Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My brother looked for four years for a used Porshe 911 with low mileage and paid cash. He wanted a certain year and color and found it and he drives it on Sundays...maybe. Her name is Gretchen and she was an investment.

The Bronco is not to be named but driven, a lot! It will be a fun vehicle and I plan to put lots of miles on it. I can see a good resale value if you don't use it much kind of like a jeep but most on this sight are going to use their Bronco and have some adventures with it.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My brother looked for four years for a used Porshe 911 with low mileage and paid cash. He wanted a certain year and color and found it and he drives it on Sundays...maybe. Her name is Gretchen and she was an investment.

The Bronco is not to be named but driven, a lot! It will be a fun vehicle and I plan to put lots of miles on it. I can see a good resale value if you don't use it much kind of like a jeep but most on this sight are going to use their Bronco and have some adventures with it.
If the Bronco can save you from buying a toy like Gretchen then it would be a wise purchase that will turn out to be a great investment. It may not make you money by selling it but it can help you keep your money.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Face it, nobody will open an old garage in 60 year and get excited to see a Hyundai. But they will if it's a 2021 FE Bronco...
Until they see the Navy Pier interior and then they'll just laugh.

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If an investment means something that you put money into and makes you money back... then, no. If an investment means you pay for something that provides intangible returns, like tons of adventure and priceless family memories... then it certainly is.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A vehicle purchase is not one of those investments that are financially sound or that add to your bottom line. Indeed there are few major purchases that lose as much value the moment you become an owner. Add to that the regular costs of insurance, fuel and maintenance and you really are buying a black hole that sucks in $ with relentless efficiency.

But is it possible that the Bronco may turn out to be a wise investment?!

I believe it can!

Sure the Bronco is very capable off road but it is civilised enough to be a perfect daily.

When a vehicle looks this good who wants to drive anything else especially since you can ignore the weather; rain or shine it is the perfect transport no matter if you’re going for a milk run to the neighborhood grocery or to the office or the wilds.

So, if it can become your one and only vehicle, the one that you cannot stand to leave at home, the one that you hate to park and cannot get back in to ride again, the one that like your favourite pair of shoes you always reach for, then, I am certain that the Bronco can actually save you money by becoming your one and only owned vehicle.

So, if you love it enough it will be a great and financially sound investment.

Investment in the sense that if one must have a vehicle and must purchase one then will it not be financially sound to be able to keep and use just one for various tasks over several years than change vehicles frequently? It may not increase in value but it can keep you from needless spending.

Will the Bronco be a sound investment for you?
I was with you right up until you spelled favorite with an extra letter... ;)

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm willing to bet we see a few First Edition Broncos on Ebay for $100k. Will probably sell at that price.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Neh, Bronco isn't an investment sorry :( It might depreciate slower but it isn't ever making you money.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm willing to bet we see a few First Edition Broncos on Ebay for $100k. Will probably sell at that price.
Yes, I too believe some of the first Broncos sold will bring a premium just like the GT500’s and the Corvettes are doing now. There will be some on eBay immediately. I love my cars, but all are for sale at the right price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Neh, Bronco isn't an investment sorry :( It might depreciate slower but it isn't ever making you money.
Never said it would make anyone money.
Just said it could save you from spending more money by being your one and only.;)

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was with you right up until you spelled favorite with an extra letter... ;)
That dumb iPhone likes to spell it like the British!:LOL:

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm telling myself that it is an investment to rationalize the consideration of owning more than one. I have 4 first day reservations. Thinking the FE 2 door and base 2 door will be keepers, and flip the 2d and 4d WTs. I'm taking a HUGE risk - 1, that I'll fall in love with all 4 and can't part with them and 2, that they will all show up on the same delivery truck. I've been in "macaroni and cheese / rolling pennies for gas' mode for a while to save up.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No that is a terrible idea. If you want it to hold any value at all it should not be your one and only vehicle. All you are going to do is rack up miles on it.

That “investment” is going to go straight out the window when you hit 100k miles.

Don’t burn a $50k car up with useless commuting miles. Buy that car and buy a $5k beater and commute in the beater.
Sponsored