Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure it can be a sound investment.
Pay extra for the B and O system.
Get out. :LOL:

No that is a terrible idea. If you want it to hold any value at all it should not be your one and only vehicle. All you are going to do is rack up miles on it.

That “investment” is going to go straight out the window when you hit 100k miles.

Don’t burn a $50k car up with useless commuting miles. Buy that car and buy a $5k beater and commute in the beater.
Nah man I wanna drive it. Cross country road trip? Bronco. 1am taco bell run? Bronco time. And checking the mailbox, taking out trash, etc. Pretend it's a bronco not an acura lol

1792e7b331a1168bc315a3bba4311cb9.jpg
Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nah man I wanna drive it. Cross country road trip? Bronco. 1am taco bell run? Bronco time. And checking the mailbox, taking out trash, etc. Pretend it's a bronco not an acura lol

1792e7b331a1168bc315a3bba4311cb9.jpg
Oh I’m definitely doing Bronco road trips and driving it to Taco Bell. Just not every day. Well let’s be honest. It’s gonna be every day for a few months... but after that it’s gonna be weekends only.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But is it possible that the Bronco may turn out to be a wise [financial] investment?!
Not in my lifetime, and probably not in the lifetime of anyone legally allowed to drive one on public roadways either.

It's a durable good that is almost guaranteed to depreciate rapidly, and exponentially so of you actually use it. Ford will make more of them in five years than the first two generations had all together so any chance at exclusivity or rarity is a farce unless some disaster or screwup induces it.

Anything that loses value as fast as a typical automobile is not a "wise investment.". People can just live in reality and accept it as an indulgent expense.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Investment as far as a ROI generator? Absolutely not. At least, unless you order one simply to turn around and put it on-market before the general public (without reservations) can get their hands on them, and you pay cash for it. I feel a person can make some considerable profit there in the initial phases. IF I had expendable cash I felt like gambling on, I would buy several and flip them, effectively paying off my personal one with the profits from a few others.

However, if it is the last vehicle you buy and you pay cash or pay it off quickly (and have a super-low interest rate), and you don't rack up hard miles on it, then investment is in the eye of the beholder.

It could/should last a long time if maintained and not driven 30k miles per year.

But there is a lot of maintaining/refurbishing you could do on some older vehicles for 50-60k.
I have a 78 C10. No computer, no frills. It's literally an engine, 4 speed, heater hoses and power wires under the hood. I could replace every mechanical part under there (with a basic crate engine, which mine is not!) for about 3k if it all went south right now.
I can carry a simple amount of tools and sit in the engine bay beside the engine and work on it.
It is paid off.
It cranks and runs every time, gets me down the road every time, and I can haul mulch, gravel, a mower in it if I want to.
Is it refined and easy to drive with no road noise, squeaks, issues? Does it have A/C and power seats? Not on your life.
It has 450hp, super-stiff 13" Zoom clutch, radical cam. It's a beast to drive. It's a pain to drive in stop-and-go. And it's a pain to drive on the interstate with it being geared 4:11. But it's easy, cheap, fun too. Open 2 lane? Yessir.

But I want a Bronco also. Some creature comforts, capability to go places off the main road, capability to go topless and doorless. Great power that is easy to drive with good mileage (the 78 gets maybe 8MPG). Dependability. Good looks. Easy to drive and fun to drive every time.
To me, and for me, mine is a good investment as it opens up doors to do things with my kids I can't do otherwise, it will more than likely be the last NEW vehicle I buy, and I'll own it until the end of it's life or mine.
All of that is difficult to make a spreadsheet for and justify cost vs. reward.
The memories it is going to allow with my family is worth more than the cost to me.

We have several other vehicles and have enjoyed probably 7 years now with no car payments. It is a free feeling. But at some point you just get tired of nickel and diming, you get tired of the inconvenience of small stressors going wrong. You are on vacation 400 miles from home and it dies on you. That can mess up the good vibe of a vacation really quickly. Some things are worth the cost. Every person has to decide what is a "good" investment for them and what is not.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco BRONCO: Can it be a sound investment? 1792e7b331a1168bc315a3bba4311cb9
You sir, how should I say it delicately, are the laziest documented creature I have ever seen in action!!??

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm telling myself that it is an investment to rationalize the consideration of owning more than one. I have 4 first day reservations. Thinking the FE 2 door and base 2 door will be keepers, and flip the 2d and 4d WTs. I'm taking a HUGE risk - 1, that I'll fall in love with all 4 and can't part with them and 2, that they will all show up on the same delivery truck. I've been in "macaroni and cheese / rolling pennies for gas' mode for a while to save up.
I see what you are saying but my entire premise is based on the entire opposite ; just ONE vehicle for all one’s needs.

Not to buy only to try to sell for profit. ?

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wifes fully loaded 2018 VW Tiguan R-Line cost $48,000 and some change CAD. She can not believe how expensive the Badlands is with no options. I tried to explain to her that her Tiguan won't last 10 years before she trades it in, where as I will probably die before I sell my 2021 Bronco. For me the only way I would get rid of it is for a Warthog. Otherwise it's an investment in my future.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any predictions on depreciation vs Wrangler or 4Runner? It would be nice if it is in the same ballpark as those two.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll have what he's having... Except I take regular drug tests through my work and want to keep my job so I can't.
Sponsored