First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah, no. It is not an investment, unless you are going to keep it low mile, pristine and order it in a unique way (First Edition, early production). You may make it a wise use of your transportation budget? For me it’s probably a 10-15% premium over what I would usually spend (same price as and many of the same options as my F150, without the normal $5-7k in incentives on the F150 in my market). It may hold resale value higher and end up a wash.
I agree, unless you buy it and store it from more than a decade you'll see an increase in value and probably would depends on which trim it is as well.

But I do believe it will be comparable to how Wranglers hold their value but depending on trim, doors, and transmission, etc.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You really don't know if a vehicle will be a collector item down the road. That's not my plan. A vehicle is a necessary evil (if it's your only one), the more you pay for it the more evil it is. I love not having a car payment so this is gonna suck. Sucks even more that my gas mileage will be cut in half compared to what I'm driving now. If it stays reliable, stays out of the repair shop, takes me on my cross country adventures, then it will be a worthwhile investment for what I want to do with it. Plus I get to invest in camping/off-grid gear.

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A vehicle purchase is not one of those investments that are financially sound or that add to your bottom line. Indeed there are few major purchases that lose as much value the moment you become an owner. Add to that the regular costs of insurance, fuel and maintenance and you really are buying a black hole that sucks in $ with relentless efficiency.

But is it possible that the Bronco may turn out to be a wise investment?!

I believe it can!

Sure the Bronco is very capable off road but it is civilised enough to be a perfect daily.

When a vehicle looks this good who wants to drive anything else especially since you can ignore the weather; rain or shine it is the perfect transport no matter if you’re going for a milk run to the neighborhood grocery or to the office or the wilds.

So, if it can become your one and only vehicle, the one that you cannot stand to leave at home, the one that you hate to park and cannot get back in to ride again, the one that like your favourite pair of shoes you always reach for, then, I am certain that the Bronco can actually save you money by becoming your one and only owned vehicle.

So, if you love it enough it will be a great and financially sound investment.

Will the Bronco be a sound investment for you?
Is this a serious thought?

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No its not a serious thought. This is like getting rid of all your girlfriends to get married and thinking it will save you money in the long term. Best case scenario is you stay married for a long time and she spends reasonable amounts of money that easily total more than the other women you dumped. Worse case scenario is you get divorced and she gets half.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Face it, nobody will open an old garage in 60 year and get excited to see a Hyundai. But they will if it's a 2021 FE Bronco...

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No its not a serious thought. This is like getting rid of all your girlfriends to get married and thinking it will save you money in the long term. Best case scenario is you stay married for a long time and she spends reasonable amounts of money that easily total more than the other women you dumped. Worse case scenario is you get divorced and she gets half.
I am sure a number of gfs over say a 10 year period is far more expensive than one wife.

Also, unlike a human divorce, finally replacing a vehicle with another after many years does not reduce your worth by 50%.?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A vehicle purchase is not one of those investments that are financially sound or that add to your bottom line.

Will the Bronco be a sound investment for you?
It is is not an investment, since there is virtually no scenario where it will appreciate in value. It is an expenditure that will decline in value over time. But hopefully it can be a wise purchase, good value for the money, and perhaps depreciate a bit less than other alternatives.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this a serious thought?
Is it really not reasonable to think that keeping one car for the long haul for various different tasks is cheaper than owning several cars?

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I would have kept my 2006 Honda S2000.

I bought it for about 30k+ and now good low mileage ones can go for a little less than that.

However that's a rare case. I think there's a small possibility that a more "fun" car like the Bronco, albeit in a different way, could be in the same boat, but it needs to follow a few rules:

1. It needs to be fun
2. It needs to be reliable
3. Ford needs to stop making them

At the very worst, the Bronco could hold it's value really well. At best it could be a reminder of a great fun gas powered utility vehicle, when more and more cars will be electric.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I get what the OP is trying to say. I spent $35,000 (parts, my labor was free) on a 1974 Bronco that cost a little over $4000 when new in 1974 is just nuts.?
But it's not about the miles per gallon, it's about the smiles per gallon.;)

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not an investment in the traditional sense.......but can be a sound investment in your enjoyment of your life

Like those gym memberships people used to have

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everything is for sale, probably not an investment but who knows. To the right person at the right time, it could be worth some money.

Watch the auto auctions. You know damn well some of those restorations cost 3 times more than some are sold for. But every once in a while, it pays off.

Personally, our First Edition will be for sale when we drive it off the lot. Won't be advertising it, but if one of the collectors in our area has to have it, sure why not for the right price. It's a vehicle to us, a fun one at that but I won't be attached to it.

Hell, a $69 RC bronco is going for over $200 on ebay, several sold for over $400 a few weeks ago.

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whose looking at this as an investment?
Most of the FE buyers?

Face it, nobody will open an old garage in 60 year and get excited to see a Hyundai. But they will if it's a 2021 FE Bronco...
The Hyundai will have the nicer interior.

Is it really not reasonable to think that keeping one car for the long haul for various different tasks is cheaper than owning several cars?
Generally, yes. But you’re confusing a sound financial decision with an investment. They’re two different things. Even in terms of sound financial decisions, taking the initial depreciation hit isn’t one.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I get what the OP is trying to say. I spent $35,000 (parts, my labor was free) on a 1974 Bronco that cost a little over $4000 when new in 1974 is just nuts.?
But it's not about the miles per gallon, it's about the smiles per gallon.;)
Yes and “investment” in the sense that it keeps you from changing cars frequently.
Sponsored