Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sales data released by Stellantis reveal that a total of 37,971 examples of the Wrangler were sold last quarter (Q1 2023). While that represents a 17% decrease from the 45,551 units that were sold in Q1 2022,

Meanwhile, Ford was able to sell 32,430 examples of the Bronco in the United States last quarter. While that is 5,541 vehicles shy of what Jeep was able to sell, it is a much better performance than Q1 2022 when Jeep sold almost 22,000 more Wranglers than Ford was able to sell Broncos. Additionally, whereas sales of the Jeep Wrangler dropped by 17% this quarter, sales of the Bronco spiked by a significant 37.6% from the 23,573 units that were sold in Q1 2022.

It is understood that the popularity of certain Bronco models, such as the Outer Banks and Raptor, has allowed Ford to reduce Jeep’s lead.

From: https://www.carscoops.com/2023/04/j...-the-bronco-again-but-the-ford-is-closing-in/
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is understood that the popularity of certain Bronco models, such as the Outer Banks and Raptor, has allowed Ford to reduce Jeep’s lead.
Considering that Ford is just trying to make as many of the backordered Broncos as possible, I find it hard to believe that there is a "popular" trim affecting sales. It's just the latest batch running through the plant. Using their logic, 2DR 7-speeds are going to carry the Bronco in Q2. :LOL:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4dr OBX paving the way so you can all have your unicorn builds! Don't forget who keeps the lights on in MAP next time you talk smack on all my car seats and strollers. ;)

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"B-b-but the IFS..." - Jeep owners right now :D
I must admit, I do carry a spare tie rod and wish the raptor steering gear was standard across the line.

But oh man, the ride is amazing in our Badlands...

Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the Zin master said...

"We'll see"

Let's check back next year.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Road tripped mine up to 3800 miles on the clock so far and it's dominating the jeeps craptastic driving hands down. Summer wheeling will put it against the wrangler buddies soon enough!

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering that Ford is just trying to make as many of the backordered Broncos as possible, I find it hard to believe that there is a "popular" trim affecting sales. It's just the latest batch running through the plant. Using their logic, 2DR 7-speeds are going to carry the Bronco in Q2. :LOL:
This, plus those waiting to get the new refreshed Jeep model.

The comparison will be much better when the order cycle timelines are similar. Right now, you can order and get a Jeep either off the lot or in a couple months. The small order window for the Bronco is closed and unless you were in the market for a bronco a year ago or more, you aren't getting one for a long time.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This, plus those waiting to get the new refreshed Jeep model.

The comparison will be much better when the order cycle timelines are similar. Right now, you can order and get a Jeep either off the lot or in a couple months. The small order window for the Bronco is closed and unless you were in the market for a bronco a year ago or more, you aren't getting one for a long time.
How many people order a Jeep vs buy off lot? Without that metric we can't say what is affecting what.

I did a quick search and can't find that number but my guess is that it's less than 20% of new car sales are orders. Maybe even less.

That's been skewed by both the pandemic and in our Bronco universe in which ordering was the norm. It's not for most people.

slews

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco; Prius for the really gnarly stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to look at this as indicative of demand when it seems to me that the limiting factor on Bronco sales (for now) is almost entirely supply.