First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Savage but probably true. My stepson brought his Wrangler into the dealer last year because it had a " bad vibration on the highway"...as he put it.

Completely clueless to the infamous death wobble
Sponsored

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think this will be more interesting in a few years. Jeep will refresh and Bronco won’t be a “new” offering. Head to head sales will be interesting in my 25

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many people order a Jeep vs buy off lot? Without that metric we can't say what is affecting what.

I did a quick search and can't find that number but my guess is that it's less than 20% of new car sales are orders. Maybe even less.

That's been skewed by both the pandemic and in our Bronco universe in which ordering was the norm. It's not for most people.
I'm not sure I follow or maybe you misunderstood me. Jeep supply is normal for all intents and purposes. Bronco supply is not. You can disregard buying off the lot or ordering to receive either model, because, again, the Jeep fulfillment process is standard and the Bronco's is not. Ergo, the ability to make a choice between the Bronco and the Jeep can't follow the normal buying decision process.

The argument that the Bronco is eating into Jeep sales is still a valid one, but applying evidence using any ordering system to support that argument is not because of the above.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this will be more interesting in a few years. Jeep will refresh and Bronco won’t be a “new” offering. Head to head sales will be interesting in my 25
This newest refresh really closed, and in some ways exceeded, the tech gap. Bronco needs a solid leap in it's next refresh.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ergo, the ability to make a choice between the Bronco and the Jeep can't follow the normal buying decision process.
Aside from the enthusiasts (which are not the majority of buyers are not) my hypothesis is that most buyers for both Jeep and Bronco are buying off the lot.

There is inventory for Broncos on dealer lots. Hence people are not limited to only special orders as much in the past. After the last three years people who would order have either gotten their Bronco or have given up. Which means the "normal buying process" is more in line with the Jeep one.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This newest refresh really closed, and in some ways exceeded, the tech gap. Bronco needs a solid leap in it's next refresh.
Never expect solid leaps. In the product world you only leap just past where your competitor is even if there is more in the tank. You want to reserve something for the next time your competitor comes out with something.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aside from the enthusiasts (which are not the majority of buyers are not) my hypothesis is that most buyers for both Jeep and Bronco are buying off the lot.

There is inventory for Broncos on dealer lots. Hence people are not limited to only special orders as much in the past. After the last three years people who would order have either gotten their Bronco or have given up. Which means the "normal buying process" is more in line with the Jeep one.
Yes assuming you can hop to a dealer and buy a bronco off the lot at a comparable price to a Jeep is possible then I agree and my points are moot, but is that really the case? I've only heard and seen that this isn't the case. And Ford's own comms have been toward building customer orders first. They barely paid that lip service through 2022 but seem to be pushing to comply in 2023 more. Anecdotally, there are no Broncos on dealer lots in Chicago (city of).

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE BRONCO SELLS MORE THAN WRANGLERS!!!!

nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck.gif

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes assuming you can hop to a dealer and buy a bronco off the lot at a comparable price to a Jeep is possible then I agree and my points are moot, but is that really the case? I've only heard and seen that this isn't the case. And Ford's own comms have been toward building customer orders first. They barely paid that lip service through 2022 but seem to be pushing to comply in 2023 more. Anecdotally, there are no Broncos on dealer lots in Chicago (city of).
My understanding is that Ford is trying to clean up the last of the customer orders in 2023 but if they don't have the components they will build dealer orders.

Obviously the below list will contain customer order but there's no great way to differentiate. Unless the "Dealer Ordered" is factual.

Ford Bronco Bronco closing in on Jeep Wrangler in latest sales stats (Q1 2023) Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 1.03.23 PM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to throw my two cents in just because my perspective shares some of your guy's outlook. I ordered a 4 door BadSquatch fully equipped just shy of 4 weeks ago. However, I have noticed several on dealer lots for "market price." It is hard to justify purchasing an inflated priced and less equipped Bronco. That being said. Some folks have more fun money than myself (lucky ducks) and can take the plunge in purchasing one on a dealer lot pre-owned or a customer ordered Bronco that backed out. Which are going for around $10k over msrp in the Northwest. Now, I may get some heat for this, but I was previously looking at the JL and JT prior to putting my Bronco order in. What kept me from buying one was the motor options. Other than the ecodiesel, which is being discontinued for the hurricane engine, from what I was told, they just don't compare to the 2.7 imo. Now with the refresh and from what I was told, the hurricane twin v6 to be an option for the new JL and JT late 2024 and upgraded tech pack, I think with Ford's supply issues, it may take from perspective future Bronco owners.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to throw my two cents in just because my perspective shares some of your guy's outlook. I ordered a 4 door BadSquatch fully equipped just shy of 4 weeks ago. However, I have noticed several on dealer lots for "market price." It is hard to justify purchasing an inflated priced and less equipped Bronco. That being said. Some folks have more fun money than myself (lucky ducks) and can take the plunge in purchasing one on a dealer lot pre-owned or a customer ordered Bronco that backed out. Which are going for around $10k over msrp in the Northwest. Now, I may get some heat for this, but I was previously looking at the JL and JT prior to putting my Bronco order in. What kept me from buying one was the motor options. Other than the ecodiesel, which is being discontinued for the hurricane engine, from what I was told, they just don't compare to the 2.7 imo. Now with the refresh and from what I was told, the hurricane twin v6 to be an option for the new JL and JT late 2024 and upgraded tech pack, I think with Ford's supply issues, it may take from perspective future Bronco owners.
I think cross shopping Bronco and JL/JT even among the B6G members is perfectly reasonable. Most (many?) of us are pragmatists. You took the same pragmatic view I did before plunking down my Bronco deposit back in 2020, though I yoinked mine from a Defender deposit instead of the Jeep and didn't turn back.

After the year long delay I did a thorough cross shop of the 2DR Rubicon and couldn't get over the feeling I was driving a wheezy filing cabinet. But now with the new engines, tech updates and suspension enhancements? Jeep is catching up which is GREAT for consumers. They will need a full chassis update before we'll know how well they can push the envelope but Stellantis isn't going to lie down on their cash cow brand. Again, good news for us.

With this competition we'll have digital temperature displays on our HVAC knobs in NO TIME!

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think cross shopping Bronco and JL/JT even among the B6G members is perfectly reasonable. Most (many?) of us are pragmatists. You took the same pragmatic view I did before plunking down my Bronco deposit back in 2020, though I yoinked mine from a Defender deposit instead of the Jeep and didn't turn back.

After the year long delay I did a thorough cross shop of the 2DR Rubicon and couldn't get over the feeling I was driving a wheezy filing cabinet. But now with the new engines, tech updates and suspension enhancements? Jeep is catching up which is GREAT for consumers. They will need a full chassis update before we'll know how well they can push the envelope but Stellantis isn't going to lie down on their cash cow brand. Again, good news for us.

With this competition we'll have digital temperature displays on our HVAC knobs in NO TIME!
Haha well heck, I wouldn't complain about some digital temperature display hvac knows LOL. Well, I was told my wait would be 8-12 months. I imagine I will get the bug and go look around some more. However, every time I see a Sasquatch equipped Bronco, it suckers me back every time. I agree that Stellantis has some major R&D going on, but they won't deviate from a solid front axle, which in itself draws a large crowd. Someday I will join y'all with a Bronco in the garage. But for now can only dream. Haha.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, try again. IFS is why we have 20% less RTI than a Jeep.
I get what you're saying.
In time, there will be all kinds of 6G sfa swaps, I don't really see it as being needed from the factory.
Really, really need sfa on a brand new rig? Jeep has that shit nailed down.

Ford is purposely doing something different, and they're winning with it right now.

and again, the VAST MAJORITY of the buying public .....
nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck-gif.gif

(props to @JBlanco )