First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wanted to get some clarity on the cockpit cover available from Ford. It seems that the intended used for this is to protect the roof and glass, but would this be a viable option if caught in the rain with the top and doors off? I'm sure there will be days I will be driving around without the roof panels on hand and the doors can't be taken along with the 2-door model. If this is not the answer is there anything else on the market yet that will provide what I'm looking for?

Cockpit Cover.png
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For parking yes. I have one for my jeep. Drivingā€¦no.

Sponsored

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought one and have been using it for the last few days of nice weather here with the top off when parked at night. It works pretty well but its a bit of a pain to fit over the side mirrors. It seems a little too tight to want to fit (you have to adjust the mirrors to get enough slack to fit over both). Otherwise it fits pretty well once you get the mirror part figured out. I also plan on spraying it with some PTEF to have any rain/moisture bead up a roll off. The material seem like that of a tent rain fly.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought one and have been using it for the last few days of nice weather here with the top off when parked at night. It works pretty well but its a bit of a pain to fit over the side mirrors. It seems a little too tight to want to fit (you have to adjust the mirrors to get enough slack to fit over both). Otherwise it fits pretty well once you get the mirror part figured out. I also plan on spraying it with some PTEF to have any rain/moisture bead up a roll off. The material seem like that of a tent rain fly.
How does it fasten? Overall would you say it's worth it?

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am curious about this as well. The Bronco Accessory cover says it protects against "dust and dew" which doesn't sound like a great endorsement against rain. On another thread someone posted Broncover.com. Made in the USA and made with marine grade materials. Currently only 4dr but 2dr coming in Spring 22.

Ford Bronco Bronco Cockpit Cover Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 12.11.54 PM

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does it fasten? Overall would you say it's worth it?
I used the 42,000 Ford Points for it so worth it is a bit subjective but I think for a Ford part itā€™s a decent price. Be sure to shop around or have your dealer price match. There is a lot of price discrepancy between dealers it seems.

It fastens with little clips that lip under the body. For where the rock rails are I just clip them to the rock rail bolts on the back side of the pinch weld.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am curious about this as well. The Bronco Accessory cover says it protects against "dust and dew" which doesn't sound like a great endorsement against rain. On another thread someone posted Broncover.com. Made in the USA and made with marine grade materials. Currently only 4dr but 2dr coming in Spring 22.

Ford Bronco Bronco Cockpit Cover Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 12.11.54 PM
That thing looks baggy and loose fitting. Here is the one I have for my jeep.

D1EB927A-A89A-45E3-BC73-F56A855E9EE8.jpeg

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! Who makes that? And I wonder if they will make one for the Bronco?
Bestop. I have this cover, tonneau cover, safari top and my soft top all from them. I'm sure they'll be making one for the bronco.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you think itā€™ll do a good job staying in place and blocking the bit of snow that might blow in during a storm? (Not the fake ā€œI left my top openā€ viral thread, but the more real dusting that others have experienced)
Was thinking this would be good to throw in before big snowstorm or windy rainstorm. (Iā€™m getting a soft top)

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you able to fit yours on with the top on? I bought this because I park outside and wanted something to be a barrier between the snow and the softtop, and this just wont fit. I was out there for like an hour trying to get it over the mirrors, adjusting them both every way and it wasn't even close to fitting.

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you able to fit yours on with the top on? I bought this because I park outside and wanted something to be a barrier between the snow and the softtop, and this just wont fit. I was out there for like an hour trying to get it over the mirrors, adjusting them both every way and it wasn't even close to fitting.
Yes I was able to get it to fit but it took some practice. You need to fold both mirrors in slightly to get the covers over on one side and then pull the cover over the mirror on the other side and then pop them both into their correct place. I also think you might be able to get away with not going over the mirrors at all. I haven't had it on since I bought it in the fall but will try it again when its not 14 degrees and snowing outside.
Sponsored