First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see that Alaska is currently “enjoying” a cold snap. Being an expectant late December Canadian Bronco recipient, I’m wondering about the following:

1. How is the soft top performing in the cold?
2. How is the MIC top performing in the cold?
3. How comfortable is the driving experience with the various trim packages (base, mid, high, lux)?
4. How does the 7MT shift when very cold?

Thanks in advance.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/11...d-and-there-is-no-relief-coming-anytime-soon/
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My mic with the headliner seems fine in the cold. Only been down to the 20s so far.

The heat works very very good but the rear passengers may be cold for a bit since the rear vents seem to do nothing for me.

Anyone able to get air flowing out the rear floor vents?

The heated seats are real hot and heat up fast. Max setting is damn near roasting.

I only have the high package, so no heated steering wheel. I thought I read it was weak but I could be wrong.

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can only comment on 1 and 3 but i currently have a Base 4 door oxford white w/Sasquatch and soft-top the soft-top has been pleasantly surprising i live in Michigan and we have been down to the low teens and 20's at night and mornings here lately and it does take a little bit longer to warm the vehicle up at first but it has been doing fine driving on the highway when its cold there is not a lot of heat lost or any air draft i can notice of any real significance you can put your hand up on the top and feel the temp difference when touching it but nothing further than that and it is very quiet and pleasant compared to other soft tops I have owned and the driving experience overall with this vehicle has been great it handles very very well along with being comfortable I'm not the smallest guy in the world and i feel this is more comfortable to drive long distances than my previous 2015 dodge 1500 and is probably the most fun car i have ever had so far as a daily driver.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My mic with the headliner seems fine in the cold. Only been down to the 20s so far.

The heat works very very good but the rear passengers may be cold for a bit since the rear vents seem to do nothing for me.

The heated seats are real hot and heat up fast. Max setting is damn near roasting.

I only have the high package, so no heated steering wheel. I thought I read it was weak but I could be wrong.
Offtopic, but did you used to post over on ls1gto.com? I used to be over there a lot back around 2008-2011ish before I sold my '06 and your username looks familiar.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Offtopic, but did you used to post over on ls1gto.com? I used to be over there a lot back around 2008-2011ish before I sold my '06 and your username looks familiar.
Actually, yes I was on there but not with the same username.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see that Alaska is currently “enjoying” a cold snap. Being an expectant late December Canadian Bronco recipient, I’m wondering about the following:

1. How is the soft top performing in the cold?
2. How is the MIC top performing in the cold?
3. How comfortable is the driving experience with the various trim packages (base, mid, high, lux)?
4. How does the 7MT shift when very cold?

Thanks in advance.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/11...d-and-there-is-no-relief-coming-anytime-soon/
2. My MIC has been great, holds heat very well, no rattles or squeaks.
3. Driving experience is fantastic! I am running Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3's for fantastic road grip.

The day I picked my Bronco up almost 2 weeks ago it was a high in the mid 20s. Since then it got a little chilly, down to -15f at night. I do park in a garage that I keep at 70f.

So far it's a fantastic cold weather vehicle. Heated wheel and leather seats are amazing! Fordpass remote start works great and the scheduled starts are amazing.

20211121_111932.jpg

20211118_101214.jpg

20211113_163511.jpg

20211113_165035.jpg

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i have been thinking what happens when your bronco is all iced up and the windows don't drop as u open the door:oops:

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i have been thinking what happens when your bronco is all iced up and the windows don't drop as u open the door:oops:
They never drop in time anyways. They should have been designed to drop as soon as you touch the handle. Mine get caught and pull all the time.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2. My MIC has been great, holds heat very well, no rattles or squeaks.
3. Driving experience is fantastic! I am running Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3's for fantastic road grip.

The day I picked my Bronco up almost 2 weeks ago it was a high in the mid 20s. Since then it got a little chilly, down to -15f at night. I do park in a garage that I keep at 70f.

So far it's a fantastic cold weather vehicle. Heated wheel and leather seats are amazing! Fordpass remote start works great and the scheduled starts are amazing.

20211121_111932.jpg

20211118_101214.jpg

20211113_163511.jpg

20211113_165035.jpg
Did you try the GY out on snow at all???

OP
OP
BrentC

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good question!

Sponsored

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They never drop in time anyways. They should have been designed to drop as soon as you touch the handle. Mine get caught and pull all the time.
ya i keep telling everyone go slow

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you just made a question pop into my head - can anyone get ANY of floor/foot vents to work?
the 'foot' setting doesnt seem to blow ANY air upfront

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you just made a question pop into my head - can anyone get ANY of floor/foot vents to work?
the 'foot' setting doesnt seem to blow ANY air upfront

Front floor works good for me. I assume you have tried the button that brings the vent options up on the center screen? If so then I'd get it looked at.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you try the GY out on snow at all???
I ran them about a week. They did surprise me as traction was much better than expected. But nothing close to a true winter tire. They would be passable if you were careful.
Sponsored