First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gee I only have 7 of them :( Not sure I will ever get my Day 2 Reservation Bronco. Unreal.
I am still waiting for a VIN for my day 1 reservation.

Thunderpriest

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I ordered a 4-door Outer Banks and I have 4 of the items on the constrained list: MIC top, 2.7L engine, towing package and Lux.
I have to finalize the order with the dealer on Saturday. (For clarification, this is the conversion of the MY21 order to the MY22 order.)
What are my chances at getting the vehicle for MY22?
LOL

(not that I am complaining....it just gives me more time to pay down my trade-in.)

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any idea how much that cost? I’m guessing $1,500+
In my area of North Carolina I had the fenders, hood, and bumper covered on the wife's Mustang for $1200. I'm sure prices are different across the country. It's already saved the bumper from a dang rock. The Expel is knicked, but not enough to worry about having it redone. If you go that route just remember, you can't use any wax or cleaner with a petroleum base. It will dull the wrap. But, there's a lot of products to choose from that won't hurt it. I use the Meguiar's Ultimate line on mine.

And BTW, the cheapest installer isn't always the best. You surely want to go with experience, as installation in a big part of the equation.

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I see Censorship is alive and well on this forum - Good Grief - really, - grow up ...!!!
Yeah, wouldn’t want Ford to find out people on a forum aren’t happy with the crap they’re pulling!

I will tell you exactly where they can shove the next bit of “swag” they come out with too! Hoping the next thing I get is some free upgrade or some money off for waiting all this time while Ford continues to play with their thumb up a bodily orifice!
(Note the self censoring)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I for one am glad to see folks switching to the soft top so I don't have to.
I don't know brother. I've been saying the same thing for a while now. But, after seeing pictures of the MIC 2.0 that have the same problems Ford was supposed to fix I'm in a "rethink" mode. The main reason I was wanting a hard top is because we have to convertibles already, but if I can get the soft top to work for my uses I may just change. The biggest drawback now is the strange design of the soft top, that being the back glass. I can't understand why Ford had it designed to be so much trouble to remove the thing. And, when you do get it off there's the railing that the bottom attaches too. That rail is going to make it harder to load the wife's 3 wheeler, and may even make it impossible. I'm going to do some measuring, and go from there. Dayum, ordering Bronco has been much harder than it should be :)

But, even if the soft top doesn't work I can only hope that someway, somehow Ford can get the problems with the MIC top fixed before I order in 2024. ;) :cool:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know brother. I've been saying the same thing for a while now. But, after seeing pictures of the MIC 2.0 that have the same problems Ford was supposed to fix I'm in a "rethink" mode. The main reason I was wanting a hard top is because we have to convertibles already, but if I can get the soft top to work for my uses I may just change. The biggest drawback now is the strange design of the soft top, that being the back glass. I can't understand why Ford had it designed to be so much trouble to remove the thing. And, when you do get it off there's the railing that the bottom attaches too. That rail is going to make it harder to load the wife's 3 wheeler, and may even make it impossible. I'm going to do some measuring, and go from there. Dayum, ordering Bronco has been much harder than it should be :)

But, even if the soft top doesn't work I can only hope that someway, somehow Ford can get the problems with the MIC top fixed before I order in 2024. ;) :cool:
I don't mind Ford giving me a new hardtop every few months for years. I ain't switching! For all we know the bad few we've seen might just be a small, early batch that sucked.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I for one am glad to see folks switching to the soft top so I don't have to.
That only works if they are in line in front of you. If they are behind you at your dealer they swallowed up one of your dealer's allocations.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That only works if they are in line in front of you. If they are behind you at your dealer they swallowed up one of your dealer's allocations.
I have a low enough number where it won't affect me getting a 2022. STAY THE COURSE!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a low enough number where it won't affect me getting a 2022. STAY THE COURSE!
I'm trying brother! I'm hoping I am low enough too.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't get me wrong, Ford has made some missteps with suppliers, QA issues, and underestimating demand, but it is a very bad time to be wanting to push production faster. Everything is harder to secure, prices are higher, and parts delivery delays are the standard.
I have always understood that every manufacturer is having supplier problems, even Ford. I was resigned to that fact. But, when Ford dropped their '22 allocation formula that's when they lost me. There was no reason whatsoever to screw the little dealers that out manuvered the mega dealers. In that procees they hurt the customers of those local home town dealers more than they hurt the dealers. The dealers will still make their money, albeit spread out over a longer peroid of time. The customers are screwed, and lied to by Ford when they said they would build all reservation orders before any dearly stock. Now my summer '22 build has been moved to a '24 build. That is if I'm lucky. Plus, my price protection is out the window. I'm just hanging in by a thread, and that could break at anything. I have bought noting but Fords since 1986, and this is the thanks I get from Ford. Oh well, I'm a big boy now, and I can take it. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good for you brother. I'm number 483 out of 1022 at Granger. So, I'm in a better position than 539 other good folks. So there is that.....However, if some have the soft top ordered I'm still in the hole.:)

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good for you brother. I'm number 483 out of 1022 at Granger. So, I'm in a better position than 539 other good folks. So there is that.....However, if some have the soft top ordered I'm still in the hole.:)
yeah, you're screwed. I'm #29 at SAC and hell 8 ahead of me haven't ordered yet so I guess I'm kinda #21

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel like I am on deck at 955... ;) My WildTrak 2D is coming and nothing is gonna stop it... LMFAO.

BaseBroncoMike

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a:
2dr
Cactus Grey
Grey MIC top
BASE
2.3L
10SPD Auto

2020 Day Two Reservation(doesnt matter ive heard)
Jaunary 21, 2021 Order

Any of you seasoned Bronco Busters that can give me the odds? 2023 or 2024?
Sponsored