Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have had a few older Broncos. My question is that since the 2021 is made to get wet what type of materials is it made from. Steel, aluminum etc. One of the big issues with all older Broncos was rust. Anyone know?
Sponsored

OP
OP

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So basically all that needs rustproofed are the floor and frame.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I heard the underbelly is made from the horns of unicorns. It's basically rust proof.

Sponsored
OP
OP

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you ever owned a Bronco you know they are rust buckets. I've had two with no rust but they had both been Ziebart treated.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you ever owned a Bronco you know they are rust buckets. I've had two with no rust but they had both been Ziebart treated.
All of Ford’s older vehicles are rust buckets. FWIW all of the newer trucks I see with body rust issues are GM or Fiat Chrysler, so I’d like to think Ford solved the issue.

Ford’s aluminum body panels are not the be all to end all, especially hoods. I have corrosion issues on the hood of my Mustang I bought new in 2017. The dealership told me they won’t do anything about it unless it rusts through completely (which it won’t because it’s aluminum), this issue has been documented in several TSB notices from Ford going back to the early 2000’s all the way to their most recent vehicles.

In the scheme of things it’s probably not a big deal but pretty annoying. I will eventually swap my hood with aftermarket since Ford’s hoods are fatally flawed.
Sponsored