Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drivetrain. Engines, transmisions, transfer cases, differentials, knuckles, brakes, etc. There is tons of stuff that doesn't care what the wheelbase is, or how long the axle or drive shaft is --- or in some cases is easier to test when those parts are shorter because it has less parasitic loss.
Yeah but that mule appears to have a unique wheelbase and definitely a unique bed. It looks in between a 5.5’ and 6.5’ bed, which would put it on par with a JLU wheelbase. Why go to all that trouble just to test a drivetrain that doesn’t care about 6”?

Look at the spliced together bed rail caps. If this was a 6.5’ bed wouldn’t they just grab some 1 piece units out of the parts pile? Or does the Raptor bed have unique bed caps?

I’m not saying this thing is Bronco related, but it doesn’t make sense for it to be F-150 related either.
Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Drivetrain. Engines, transmisions, transfer cases, differentials, knuckles, brakes, etc. There is tons of stuff that doesn't care what the wheelbase is, or how long the axle or drive shaft is --- or in some cases is easier to test when those parts are shorter because it has less parasitic loss.
Right I get that, but that truck has raptor front suspension, raptor rear shocks and the stock raptor wheels and tires sit flush with the flared raptor fenders. Ford doesn’t have anything that wide (maybe 450 550 etc) and if the only real bronco that Ford is building (haha) is on the next gen midsize...why?
And ya I read that on the other forum it was rumored tremor package...lol I guess maybe we will see them using a GT500 but with an eco boost 4cyl for drive train testing next

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I felt like this topic needed it's own thread . . .

In the small SUV thread "Nanook" had an epiphany that we might have been looking at the Ranger based bronco the whole time. I think he might be right and Ford wants to surprise with a Raptor based Bronco (I know this has been disputed by people more knowledgeable than me). This logic makes sense when you put together the puzzle pieces of all the spy shots. Plus, all of the mule shots.

Look closely at the front end (headlights) of the pics from dealer meeting. These are two different vehicles. In my opinion we are looking at the crossover and ranger based broncos.

both.png

Crossover Lightened, rendered & mule:

lightened.jpg

ford-baby-bronco-render.jpg

bronco scout.jpg

All available Ranger Bronco pics & mule:

Ranger Bronco.jpg

bronco sport.jpg

If the above is true, than what is this?

fsb leaked.jpg

FSB rendered & mule:

fsb tarp.jpg

New-Bronco-Rendering-gear-patrol-slide-7-1940x1300.jpg

bronco.jpg

Hidden in plain sight? or maybe I lost my mind?
So, you're saying the photo of three vehicles with the audience in front is actually THE Ranger based Bronco? I have always thought this is what it would be and all the cool clay under tarp was just marketing hype. I would hope for the clay/road and track hypothetical but corporate reality may intercede, The vehicle in the triple photo doesn't look bad, and if I hadn't been teased with the tarp-mobile I might have loved it. Does it fit the removeable top, two door/four door hype?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, you're saying the photo of three vehicles with the audience in front is actually THE Ranger based Bronco? I have always thought this is what it would be and all the cool clay under tarp was just marketing hype. I would hope for the clay/road and track hypothetical but corporate reality may intercede, The vehicle in the triple photo doesn't look bad, and if I hadn't been teased with the tarp-mobile I might have loved it. Does it fit the removeable top, two door/four door hype?
This is strictly just a theory, considering the context of this confusion I can see why someone may think this. But no, the boxy tarp hype is the vision for the actual ranger based bronco. The discrepancies between the different concept/sneak peek pictures and the camo'd up "small rugged utility" can be chalked up to a combination of marketing hype, camo, and "creative license"

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing under the tarp is a pile of clay and filler, but it was probably representative of the 2-door Bronco. The shadow silhouette behind the small utility (baby) from the NV dealer meeting is probably representative of the 4-door Bronco.

From what little we can decipher from the mules, the 4-door looks like it will be a 112" wheelbase ( same as the Everest). The Frankenmules use Ranger bodies, and the long one is an extended cab while the short one is a regular cab, so that probably puts the 2-door Bronco toe to toe with the Wrangler at a 96" wheelbase.
You think it's only going to be 96" wheelbase? I figured the tarp teased Bronco was the two door (102-3") and the yet to be seen four door would be at least 112".

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The orange vehicle in the triple photo is definitely the baby Bronco. I'm sure it wont have a removable top but it might have a sky roof.
This is the teased tarp version of both and it's clear the baby Bronco is on the right and that's what the orange Bronco is. The rugged looking Bronco on the left should be what the real Bronco is going to look like.
Ford-Bronco-and-Baby-Bronco-1000x325@2x.jpg

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You think it's only going to be 96" wheelbase? I figured the tarp teased Bronco was the two door (102-3") and the yet to be seen four door would be at least 112".
The estimates based off the tarp image involve a lot of guesswork. Less so with the mules that we've seen wheel and tire sizes for.

The views of the single-cab based mule have been limited, but it is easy to say that's the 2-door while the extended-cab frankenranger would be the 4-door.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford is definitely keeping this under the watchful eyes of the public and the automotive spies. Hope it helps pull from the ditch and get the stock moving. Good products but no love from Wall Street. Lets hope they get it right and sell train loads of them.

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Question, is it a solid clay block or is the clay sitting on some object and then somebody shapes it?

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The clay model should at least be a close representation to what the final product of the real Bronco will look like. Not too long after that teaser they had a preview for Ford dealers of the final design.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question, is it a solid clay block or is the clay sitting on some object and then somebody shapes it?
That would be excessively heavy, and expensive. There is a rough scaffold of some convenient material (wood, fiberglass, wire mesh etc.), over which a layer of a mouldable material like clay is spread and then sculpted.

There are quite a few videos on YouTube showing examples.

eta. We don't even know that those clay models were full scale. For all we know those "tarps" were hankerchief sized.

Last edited:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

eta. We don't even know that those clay models were full scale. For all we know those "tarps" were hankerchief sized.
True but even if they were scaled down that baby Bronco looks spot on to what it's going to look like.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That never crossed my mind.
The background in those images appears to be screens displaying a composite image -- and the Bronco is only slightly longer than the screens are wide. While it is possible that Ford has a room full of 10' billboard type digital screens, logistically it seems more plausible those are less expensive smaller units positioned behind a scale model meant to aide the viewers sense of perspective while observing/judging the design of the model.

Maybe someone can identify the room in question and tell us how big the screens are.

In any case, they generally seem to do excellent work making the scale models proportionate, so it wouldn't matter for most broad visual assessments of the design. Which is kind of the point at that stage.
Sponsored