First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
They already have that with the MIC top…..we have that and the top doesn’t just “come off”……doors either…..it’s nuts and bolts and 2 people and all that…….and please don’t confuse the off road abilities between the Sport and the Bronco…….they do not compare.
The MIC top is still a removable top despite the fact it doesn't just "come off". It is still a compromise over a fixed top, but is what makes the Bronco a Bronco and not just another SUV.
Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this isn't popular here but every person I know who has a Bronco Sport absolutely loves it and I think Ford did a great job with that vehicle. If the Sport had been out a few years ago when my wife was looking for a new car, we probably would have got one.
If I was at that stage of life that I needed 4 doors I'd buy the Sport, there's no question in my mind on this.

IMO the 4 door full size is too much of a compromise, the soft top and removable hard top are of no use to me. In a 4 door family oriented vehicle I want a full metal hard top and I specifically do not want a sun roof.

Then there's the rear lift up opening of the soft top that only opens a few inches, that is the stupidest thing I've ever seen on a vehicle!

The full size 4 door also has smaller doors than the 2 door. The B-pillar on the 4 door hits me square in the shoulder and blocks my view to the side. The 2 door's B-pillar is behind my shoulder and I'm 6'-2".

I look at it this way:
- if someone wants a 4 door for a family vehicle then get the Sport
- if someone wants an off-road 4 door then get the Jeep Wrangler
- if someone wants the Bronco because it's a Bronco then get the 2 door

Last edited:

BuckeyeDuramax

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this isn't popular here but every person I know who has a Bronco Sport absolutely loves it and I think Ford did a great job with that vehicle. If the Sport had been out a few years ago when my wife was looking for a new car, we probably would have got one.
How on EARTH can they continue selling crap they cannot deliver? This blows my mind. All Covid/ supply chain/ transport aside, who wants to wait 3 years to receive a vehicle they ordered? My 8 year old could restomod a B-52 Bomber b4 “A special priority order” is filled!
Screw Ford!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How on EARTH can they continue selling crap they cannot deliver? This blows my mind. All Covid/ supply chain/ transport aside, who wants to wait 3 years to receive a vehicle they ordered? My 8 year old could restomod a B-52 Bomber b4 “A special priority order” is filled!
Screw Ford!
Not many people... But who do you know who's waited more than 16 months for a Bronco they ordered - not "reserved", ordered?

Sponsored

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They already have that with the MIC top…..we have that and the top doesn’t just “come off”……doors either…..it’s nuts and bolts and 2 people and all that…….and please don’t confuse the off road abilities between the Sport and the Bronco…….they do not compare.
I never said they compared off road wise. What I said was many want what the Bronco offers but with permanent doors and roof like the Sport offers and other vehicles like the 4 Runner.

Yes they don't just come off, but the engineering/structural durability & especially sound dampening are hampered by the removability along with some loss of space in the back.

As the one person above said they'd opt for the permanent version doors/roof with the Bronco.

The MIC top still require the sound proofing option and it's still not great.

Isn't what you're talking about just another SUV like everything else? Bronco seems to have hit the sweet sport.
It is and isn't. It wouldn't be the Explorer for example. It would more closely resemble a 4 Runner I would say.

Basically again, take the Bronco and just give it permanent doors and roof with better noise reduction and a nice big moon roof and you'd probably get 25-50% of the folks opting for this version. It would give them all the off-road capabilities but with better noise reduction and some other features you just can't get with the removable options.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, because so many people now think the Bronco is a lame little car.

They'll still every one they build but there's no denying there was a reputation hit. I've had to explain it to way too many people.
Lol, I just explained it again yesterday to someone...

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I look at it this way:
- if someone wants a 4 door for a family vehicle then get the Sport
That's not how you spell Ford Expedition. ;)

Honestly I think a lot of 4-door buyers would be better served with a 4x4 Expy. (Or Navigator in the case of OBX buyers)

I just want a car with a stick shift, which makes my only choices Bronco or Mustang, and I'm getting really tired of crawling into a car that is only a couple inches off the ground.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never said they compared off road wise. What I said was many want what the Bronco offers but with permanent doors and roof like the Sport offers and other vehicles like the 4 Runner.

Yes they don't just come off, but the engineering/structural durability & especially sound dampening are hampered by the removability along with some loss of space in the back.

As the one person above said they'd opt for the permanent version doors/roof with the Bronco.

The MIC top still require the sound proofing option and it's still not great.

It is and isn't. It wouldn't be the Explorer for example. It would more closely resemble a 4 Runner I would say.

Basically again, take the Bronco and just give it permanent doors and roof with better noise reduction and a nice big moon roof and you'd probably get 25-50% of the folks opting for this version. It would give them all the off-road capabilities but with better noise reduction and some other features you just can't get with the removable options.
As a long time off-roader and fan of open top 4x4s, I'd be open to a fixed-top variation. Could be a better match for someone needing the rugged 4x4 utility capability, but no intention of removing the top, needing added security, heavy loads on top, etc. (Also might alleviate some of the hardtop sourcing/production issues.)

Although, how many owners are using the off-road capabilities or utilitarian nature of the Bronco? Even with permanent metal top and doors, arguably some should buy a different vehicle. At least in terms of reality based usage. Probably the Bronco Sport is a better match.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing wrong with the Sport. If only it's name had just been that.

stellandter

Black Diamond
First Name
Stella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mits outlander, Chrysler Pacifica, 67 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, because so many people now think the Bronco is a lame little car.

They'll still every one they build but there's no denying there was a reputation hit. I've had to explain it to way too many people.
Who cares what other people who don't know what they're talking about think of your car?

stellandter

Black Diamond
First Name
Stella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mits outlander, Chrysler Pacifica, 67 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yup, even my dad still gets confused after I've shown him countless pictures. He saw a Badlands Sport last week and thought that's what I've been waiting 2 years for...
My dad tried to tell me sometime last year that there were plenty of Broncos on the lots for sale 🤣 and sent me a listing of a Sport. When I said it's a different car he was like huh, I don't know the difference 🤣

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dad tried to tell me sometime last year that there were plenty of Broncos on the lots for sale 🤣 and sent me a listing of a Sport. When I said it's a different car he was like huh, I don't know the difference 🤣
A buddy of mine is still sending me texts of Bronco Sports he sees while driving, even after I explained the difference. I was talking with a neighbor about the Bronco, and he insisted a guy a few blocks over had bought one. Sure enough it was a Sport.

In the general public, I feel like there is still a lot of confusion. Maybe when more Bronco Broncos start showing up on the roads, the confusion will die down.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just want a car with a stick shift, which makes my only choices Bronco or Mustang, and I'm getting really tired of crawling into a car that is only a couple inches off the ground.
I ordered 2 door manual :)

My favorite vehicle I ever owned was a 1969 FJ40 hard top that I semi-restored and put in a 4 sp manual from a 1976. It wasn't very friendly for long freeway trips but that thing was so interesting it made it fun to own.

My plan for this 2 door is to keep it forever and if I ever need something different it would remain as a 2nd vehicle. Until then it will be a daily driver.
Sponsored