First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think he might understand and have accurately described 'car culture' quite well, in actual fact.
People are passionate about things they care about, chalking it up to "insecurity" proves neither one of you gets it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That misleading because they sell everyone they make. They are selling similar because they are making those amounts. You can’t hardly find a bronco on a lot and the used market is over sticker. Not true with sport. No comparison for demand. If quantities were not constrained Bronco would out sell sport 5:1.
I don't know about 5:1, but closer to even maybe. Gots to remember, lots of young families and sports enthusiasts that need something more like the Sport than the full-size.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only problem with the Sport is the name and the negative affect it had on the real Bronco.
Yep, confusion factor was not helpful. Esp. when the original sport was basically just another model of the Bronco.

Bronco History

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A lot of people don't want removable doors/roof panels. They want more of a luxury off-roader...

Ford should really consider offering another Bronco that is the Bronco but without removable doors/roof and with a sun/moon roof. Yes it would take a slight redesign but you'd have a hit.

There's a sweet spot in there. The Bronco itself and what it's designed for off-road is for such a small segment. Many want the size/looks of the Bronco but don't need the removable stuff/etc. The sport is too small for a lot of folks.
Isn't that the Land Rover?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

People are passionate about things they care about, chalking it up to "insecurity" proves neither one of you gets it.
You can be passionate about something, but don't be a douchbag or shit on other people who don't share you views.

You see this all the time in the Mustang community when you own a V6 or an Ecoboost. Now you see it with the Mach E also.

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
And if they want an off-road oriented vehicle with good highway manners, room for the family, and a manual? Plus they have positive association with the Bronco for whatever reason?

Being a parent involves a lot of compromise. That's just the reality of it.
4 Runner, Pathfinder, Cherokee, and all were offered with a manual but it was such a low demand option that all the brands dropped it for US and Canadian markets.

The 4 door Wranger still available with a manual, my friend ordered one last fall and he likes it but I'm seeing that he's less enthusiastic about driving it and more often drives another one of this vehicles. I haven't seen him drive it in about a month!

If this was normal times and the 4 door Bronco's were on dealer lots along with new 4runners and Pathfinders on adjacent dealer lots, I'm suspecting this new 4 door Bronco wouldn't be going home with as many families.

If the Bronco's were on dealer lots and available as would be in normal times I'm suspecting they'd be selling a lot more of the 2 door models and with manual transmissions.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t think people see a Bronco and think “lane little car”. If anything, they’re always so pleasantly surprised to the point where I now need to refer to it as the Bronco Bronco
My cousin told me last week he seen a bronco(it was a sport) and wasn't impressed at all. Then he seen one that was much bigger and was like yeah, that is nice! Now if I were looking for a smaller suv then it would most definitely be a bronco sport for me, they're nice. Just being so new and rare there's a lot of confusion with it.

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only problem with the Sport is the name and the negative affect it had on the real Bronco.
Agreed. They should have brought back the Bronco II name instead of “sport”

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know about 5:1, but closer to even maybe. Gots to remember, lots of young families and sports enthusiasts that need something more like the Sport than the full-size.
Maybe high but the market the sport is in had many similar vehicles where the bronco and Jeep are it and the bronco bronco has unique design features.

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can be passionate about something, but don't be a douchbag or shit on other people who don't share you views.

You see this all the time in the Mustang community when you own a V6 or an Ecoboost. Now you see it with the Mach E also.
Unless I missed it, the original post and most that followed were not being douchbags. It seems like only one poster has started with the attacks.

Also, the Mach E is not a Mustang. 😜

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unless I missed it, the original post and most that followed were not being douchbags. It seems like only one poster has started with the attacks.

Also, the Mach E is not a Mustang. 😜

I wasn't attacking him personally-I was speaking in general from what I've seen on other sites or on social media.

It has the Mustang name, its a Mustang :p

Its a more practical Mustang then the coupe, but still has same performance levels

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 3.8 sec 12.4 sec @ 102.6 mph
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range 5.2 sec 13.6 sec @ 101.9 mph
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Route 1 6.5 sec 14.7 sec @ 96.7 mph

Given what is happening with the next gen Mustang, the ICE version is going to be lucky its going to be around another 5-7 years.

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wasn't attacking him personally-I was speaking in general from what I've seen on other sites or on social media.

It has the Mustang name, its a Mustang :p

Its a more practical Mustang then the coupe, but still has same performance levels

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 3.8 sec 12.4 sec @ 102.6 mph
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range 5.2 sec 13.6 sec @ 101.9 mph
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Route 1 6.5 sec 14.7 sec @ 96.7 mph

Given what is happening with the next gen Mustang, the ICE version is going to be lucky its going to be around another 5-7 years.
All good brother. Where are you in NJ? I’m Monmouth county.

And you’re probably right about the future of the mustang, as much as it pains me. My first ride was an 87 GT convertible, black with grey interior. I miss that car…

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Yep which is ironic because Mustang needs the V6/Ecoboost to be viable. I think the last I saw take rate for the non V8 variants was almost 80%

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are only two things wrong with the sport:

1 - the name
2 - lack of a manual option.

Sport sounds like a trim level. I had a Contour Sport (stick and 16 valve engine). Ford built an Explorer Sport, wife had the Sport trim on her F-150, and Jeep has built a ton of vehicles with "Sport" in the name.

Usually "Sport" is a trim level, often with a stick shift, but just as often just tweaks to the suspention, better factory tires, etc.

So, it's understandable that non-enthusiasts are confused. Ford should have just paid the licensing fee to VW for the original name they wanted to use, which was Bronco Scout.

I don't mind an automatic for long road trips, but for a daily driver, driving an automatic simply sucks. A Sport Badlands with a stick would really meet all my driving needs, so would an FX4 Maverick. But Ford hates stick shifts.
Actually, nowadays, "sport" usually means the entry-level trims. It is usually the most basic or stripped-down version, and using "sport" is marketing magic to make it sound more exciting to drive. If you look at almost any manufacturers lineups nowadays, you will see this is true.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, because so many people now think the Bronco is a lame little car.

They'll still every one they build but there's no denying there was a reputation hit. I've had to explain it to way too many people.
Really digging in with your opinion, aren't you...
Sponsored