First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is someone that drops a kid off at my daughters school with a Bronco II. It’s burnt orange, which is not a good color on it IMHO, but sitting behind it waiting to leave this morning I did not care for the back end. I haven’t even seen inside one. Ah well.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife loves her bronco sport outerbanks. Paid 1k under msrp too. Thats the main reason i had to order a bronco for myself. She was gonna get a bronco and i was gonna keep my f150. but now she really doesn't want to trade her sport so my f150 is probably gone.
We're thrilled to hear about your wife's positive experience with the Bronco Sport! Thanks for sharing, Terry. :)

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That misleading because they sell everyone they make. They are selling similar because they are making those amounts. You can’t hardly find a bronco on a lot and the used market is over sticker. Not true with sport. No comparison for demand. If quantities were not constrained Bronco would out sell sport 5:1.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only problem with the Sport is the name and the negative affect it had on the real Bronco.
No, because so many people now think the Bronco is a lame little car.

They'll still every one they build but there's no denying there was a reputation hit. I've had to explain it to way too many people.
Can you explain why any of that matters? I truly don’t understand.

If you own (or want to own) a Bronco, you certainly know the difference. Is your Bronco any less enjoyable to own and drive because of the Sport? If so, why?

Same applies if you’re a current or potential Sport owner.

If you don’t plan on ever owning a Bronco or a Sport, what difference does it make? Half the cars on the road I can’t tell apart, but it doesn’t matter, because I’ll never own one. And if I had to be in the market for one, I would do my research and figure it out.

I just really don’t understand the problem. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just really don’t understand the problem. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Some people find value in words, including names. By applying that word to very different things the value associated with the word is diluted. It is hardly a concept unique to "Bronco".
Ford knows this and did it on purpose to add value to the Sport.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are only two things wrong with the sport:

1 - the name
2 - lack of a manual option.

Sport sounds like a trim level. I had a Contour Sport (stick and 16 valve engine). Ford built an Explorer Sport, wife had the Sport trim on her F-150, and Jeep has built a ton of vehicles with "Sport" in the name.

Usually "Sport" is a trim level, often with a stick shift, but just as often just tweaks to the suspention, better factory tires, etc.

So, it's understandable that non-enthusiasts are confused. Ford should have just paid the licensing fee to VW for the original name they wanted to use, which was Bronco Scout.

I don't mind an automatic for long road trips, but for a daily driver, driving an automatic simply sucks. A Sport Badlands with a stick would really meet all my driving needs, so would an FX4 Maverick. But Ford hates stick shifts.

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are only two things wrong with the sport:

1 - the name
2 - lack of a manual option.

Sport sounds like a trim level. I had a Contour Sport (stick and 16 valve engine). Ford built an Explorer Sport, wife had the Sport trim on her F-150, and Jeep has built a ton of vehicles with "Sport" in the name.

Usually "Sport" is a trim level, often with a stick shift, but just as often just tweaks to the suspention, better factory tires, etc.

So, it's understandable that non-enthusiasts are confused. Ford should have just paid the licensing fee to VW for the original name they wanted to use, which was Bronco Scout.

I don't mind an automatic for long road trips, but for a daily driver, driving an automatic simply sucks. A Sport Badlands with a stick would really meet all my driving needs, so would an FX4 Maverick. But Ford hates stick shifts.
Manual is just not popular

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd say at this point every car is selling as fast as it can be produced.

The world's short on cars at the moment.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A lot of people don't want removable doors/roof panels. They want more of a luxury off-roader...

Ford should really consider offering another Bronco that is the Bronco but without removable doors/roof and with a sun/moon roof. Yes it would take a slight redesign but you'd have a hit.

There's a sweet spot in there. The Bronco itself and what it's designed for off-road is for such a small segment. Many want the size/looks of the Bronco but don't need the removable stuff/etc. The sport is too small for a lot of folks.
I would probably choose a perma-top version.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone confuse these two Jeep Renegades? Only one of them says Jeep on the hood. Does this bother Wrangler owners?

39633F7F-AB07-4A09-B45B-CD478A470616.jpeg

Sponsored

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. I as a Bronco owner am planning on organizing a full street style rumble against Bronco Sport owners. Chains, Bats, socks with pad locks in them, & Tridents will just a few of the weapons involved. HOW DARE THEY DRIVE AROUND MY TOWN WITH THE NAME BRONCO ON THERE GRILL! They must pay.
. Ahh then again, maybe I’ll just drive my Bronco and be happy. Maybe I’ll even allow them some happiness also.
jeez

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone confuse these two Jeep Renegades? Only one of them says Jeep on the hood. Does this bother Wrangler owners?

Ford Bronco Bronco currently selling in similar numbers to Bronco Sport 39633F7F-AB07-4A09-B45B-CD478A470616
The people that gatekeep the bronco are just really insecure. They want to feel some validation for waiting “700 days since I heard a rumor about the bronco coming back” and want to feel better about their long wait.

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A lot of people don't want removable doors/roof panels. They want more of a luxury off-roader...

Ford should really consider offering another Bronco that is the Bronco but without removable doors/roof and with a sun/moon roof. Yes it would take a slight redesign but you'd have a hit.

There's a sweet spot in there. The Bronco itself and what it's designed for off-road is for such a small segment. Many want the size/looks of the Bronco but don't need the removable stuff/etc. The sport is too small for a lot of folks.
They already have that with the MIC top…..we have that and the top doesn’t just “come off”……doors either…..it’s nuts and bolts and 2 people and all that…….and please don’t confuse the off road abilities between the Sport and the Bronco…….they do not compare.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Isn't what you're talking about just another SUV like everything else? Bronco seems to have hit the sweet sport.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The people that gatekeep the bronco are just really insecure. They want to feel some validation for waiting “700 days since I heard a rumor about the bronco coming back” and want to feel better about their long wait.
Nothing screams insecurity like people being worried that someone may think they bought a Bronco Sport.
Sponsored