Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wtf kind of reference is that LOL? you want to compare the Bronco sales to 911 sales? They could not be more different...
No recognition of irony with this one- Yoda
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Really digging in with your opinion, aren't you...
Opinion? The Sport having a negative impact on some people's view of the big Bronco is an absolute fact. It'll become less so over time as more people eventually learn there's two Broncos.

Sorry if you don't like to hear it.

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Say you don't understand car culture without saying you don't understand car culture.

There it is.
This! Why can't people on here act like petrolheads? Doesn't matter what badging or names the manufacturer slaps on it - it is about a vehicle whose total is greater than the sum of its parts. If Ford puts the BRONCO badge on a bicycle and an enthusiast says "that's not a Bronco", there will still be someone saying "duuude man, just, like, keep your opinion to yourself and who cares what someone else buys" or "it says BRONCO on it, it must be a Bronco"

Then there is always a guy saying "you must be so insecure due to your need to have a cool car" - and that guy is certainly out of touch with the world of car enthusiasm. I'm sure that guy is very clean. He never has a wrinkle in his trousers throughout the workday, and enjoys a mild hike on the weekends. He is nice to all the people he meets, but never makes a memorable impression. He is not soft-spoken, but not charismatic. He is frugal. He likes things that are practical. He feels perfectly secure in buying a purple backpack over a black or brown one because it was on sale and "purple is just a color". He reads and pays attention to Consumer Reports. But, he is that last person you want to hang out with at a party. That guy is the Bronco Sport (or RAV-4, or CR-V, or Escape, etc...).

In all honesty, I think the Sport is a great car for people who look at vehicles like appliances. We had an Outer Banks Sport for a week as a rental during a trip to Puerto Rico a few months back. It is a slightly more fun and exciting competitor to the most boring and homogenized segment of the industry. To get you from A to B and be pretty good at everything in between. It is also the only way to get something with the Bronco moniker if you don't want to cough up the cash for the full-size, which is pretty pricey to the average buyer.

The full-size Bronco is more of an enthusiast vehicle, fur sure. It is much more highly specialized and a lot more expensive. It has more faults and compromises, but because it has faults, it is easy to form a relationship with. It feels almost like a living thing. It stirs the emotions. It has creaks/rattles and is pretty inefficient, but it is the car you want to have a beer with at the end of the workday, and it is the life of the party on the weekends.

As I wrote this, I thought to myself "I may have a full-size Bronco, but that theoretical Bronco Sport guy is really starting to sound like me" LOL

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We seriously considered buying a Sport for what it offers plus its a Ford, but I couldn't get past the 1.5L engine option and I wasnt going fork over the cash for the 2L BL version so it was a no go, we bought a Scuby instead.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Then there is always a guy saying "you must be so insecure due to your need to have a cool car" - and that guy is certainly out of touch with the world of car enthusiasm.
No one is saying you're insecure because you want a cool car. We're saying you're insecure because you're afraid someone else may not think your car is cool.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Opinion? The Sport having a negative impact on some people's view of the big Bronco is an absolute fact. It'll become less so over time as more people eventually learn there's two Broncos.

Sorry if you don't like to hear it.
Why does that matter so much? Who freaking cares? Why pick a stupid hill to die on?

Haven't you figured out that people are generally "idiots" or don't know/care any better?

Its just like this:

Ford Bronco Bronco currently selling in similar numbers to Bronco Sport 1652472770027

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Bronco Sport rental and found it to be on the Subaru level more than a RAV4 or CRV. It’s good for the type of outdoorsy off roading that most people do.

I’m not convinced the average Wrangler or Bronco is off roaded any more than a Crosstrek.

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

wtf kind of reference is that LOL? you want to compare the Bronco sales to 911 sales? They could not be more different...
Internet parody accounts must destroy you, lol.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing screams insecurity like people being worried that someone may think they bought a Bronco Sport.
Especially the all-holy and excessively aggreived DayOne/HourOne (TM) reservation holder, blessed be their names.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can be passionate about something, but don't be a douchbag or shit on other people who don't share you views.

You see this all the time in the Mustang community when you own a V6 or an Ecoboost. Now you see it with the Mach E also.
I didn't notice anyone on here shitting on anyone for driving a Bronco sport?

I did see a lot of fellow posters who are disappointed that Ford is watering down the Bronco Mustang names.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This! Why can't people on here act like petrolheads? Doesn't matter what badging or names the manufacturer slaps on it - it is about a vehicle whose total is greater than the sum of its parts. If Ford puts the BRONCO badge on a bicycle and an enthusiast says "that's not a Bronco", there will still be someone saying "duuude man, just, like, keep your opinion to yourself and who cares what someone else buys" or "it says BRONCO on it, it must be a Bronco"

Then there is always a guy saying "you must be so insecure due to your need to have a cool car" - and that guy is certainly out of touch with the world of car enthusiasm. I'm sure that guy is very clean. He never has a wrinkle in his trousers throughout the workday, and enjoys a mild hike on the weekends. He is nice to all the people he meets, but never makes a memorable impression. He is not soft-spoken, but not charismatic. He is frugal. He likes things that are practical. He feels perfectly secure in buying a purple backpack over a black or brown one because it was on sale and "purple is just a color". He reads and pays attention to Consumer Reports. But, he is that last person you want to hang out with at a party. That guy is the Bronco Sport (or RAV-4, or CR-V, or Escape, etc...).

In all honesty, I think the Sport is a great car for people who look at vehicles like appliances. We had an Outer Banks Sport for a week as a rental during a trip to Puerto Rico a few months back. It is a slightly more fun and exciting competitor to the most boring and homogenized segment of the industry. To get you from A to B and be pretty good at everything in between. It is also the only way to get something with the Bronco moniker if you don't want to cough up the cash for the full-size, which is pretty pricey to the average buyer.

The full-size Bronco is more of an enthusiast vehicle, fur sure. It is much more highly specialized and a lot more expensive. It has more faults and compromises, but because it has faults, it is easy to form a relationship with. It feels almost like a living thing. It stirs the emotions. It has creaks/rattles and is pretty inefficient, but it is the car you want to have a beer with at the end of the workday, and it is the life of the party on the weekends.

As I wrote this, I thought to myself "I may have a full-size Bronco, but that theoretical Bronco Sport guy is really starting to sound like me" LOL
My DD is a 2008 Escape, the Sport would be an awesome upgrade for me... but alas, life it too short to drive a boring car. That's why my future winter DD will be a new Bronco and the summers will belong to my Mustang and Camaro.

In defense of purple backpack guy however, I would drive the hell out of a plum crazy Hellcat
driving.gif

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Isn't that the Land Rover?
Similar but Ford could have their own model. Again, there have been multiple folks in this thread that have said if Ford offered a fixed roof/door option they'd opt for that. You'd get much better interior room and better B/C pillars. You'd get a nice panoramic roof option or bigger moon roof option and you'd get a rear window with wiper.

I think Ford is missing a good option here.

Quiz

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone confuse these two Jeep Renegades? Only one of them says Jeep on the hood. Does this bother Wrangler owners?

Ford Bronco Bronco currently selling in similar numbers to Bronco Sport drivin
Actually it does bother a lot of Jeep owners. It was a trim option on the CJ not the wrangler. Like the Bronco Sport the name is used to help sell those lesser brands and at the same time it confuses everyone who doesn’t keep up with all this. I like the Bronco Sport , don’t get me wrong, but every time I tell someone I have a Bronco, I have to say “not the Bronco Sport”. If I had a CJ Renegade, I would damn sure mention that it’s not the new Renegade.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What people are missing here is that Ford wants to build the Bronco name out as a subbrand-I wouldn't be the lease bit suprised to see an EV and other models carrying a Bronco name on them.

The Mustang is going to be doing the same thing in the next 5-7 years...I'm sure we will see a coupe, the Mach E and maybe a sedan or some other form factor when it retires the Internal combustion engine.

basedcookies420

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How are those numbers in relation to the Porsche 911? We need the additional relevance in order to form an opinion.
Since Ford was founded in 1903 (118 years ago) Ford has produced and sold exactly 0 Porsche 911s
Sponsored