CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, great job getting invoice from them. I’m at Stephens with early res so happy to drive for some savings. But glad a local gave you some movement on price as my area dealers (south hills) wouldn’t budge.
I'm south hills as well. Nobody would budge in the area. I don't mind the drive to SAC either. The only thing that was surprising is my Jul 14th reservation is looking like a MY22. I'm actually ok with waiting though.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dies that basically mean if a reservation holder backs out and their build gets sold to someone else?

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the way I see this from an outsider looking in... on the last day to convert orders for this period, shady dealers can call their remaining reservation holders to confirm if they are holding out or cancelling their reservation. Those reservations that are cancelled will be ordered by said shady dealer to maintain high conversions for their allocations while obtaining dealer stock.

Just my thoughts.

Sponsored

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If all production is going to reserved orders for the foreseeable future, why isn't 100% name-match required? Seems Ford is giving way too much wiggle room by only requiring 80%.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was just posted from Ford to Dealers. Will this keep dealers from being shady?

Seems like many ways to game the system, and 20% non match is kinda high/gives them some flexibility to not deliver a Bronco to the one who ordered it. A major metropolitan dealer could screw 20 people out of 100 to pay ‘ransom’ or have to walk. But, at least Ford is trying.

Ford Bronco Bronco Customer Name Match Dealer Integrity Policy - Violations, Exceptions and FAQs l2Sq9mzrjHG39i0i4
The section; "Bronco allocation will be forfeited for one month". That does not only harm the Dealer but also the customers involved. They should penalize the Dealer, not the customers that had no involvement.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You twist my arm?
No, I twist yours... How's that?

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Could this policy cause dealers to require more skin in the game? A larger deposit so reservation holders don't just walk away.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand what Ford is trying to do, but the problem is still that these dealers will still convert as many orders as possible, regardless of if they have an actual customer to purchase them, in order to maximize their allocation and end up with cars they can stick on the lot THIS YEAR as opposed to next year (presumably when the demand/markup won't be as high). Frankly that seems like it might be worth the risk. It's not like they can return cars to the factory or something if there's no end customer, and that means a lot of the early allocation Broncos could end up as dealer stock instead of going to people who actually place orders.

I hate to say it, but the best way to ensure these go to people with actual reservations might be a hefty, non-refundable deposit prior to building.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Basically they are trying to prevent some of the people who ordered two reservations from selling the second before they title it. Also trying to prevent employees and friends at dealerships who got a reservation and are converting the reservation at little to no deposit cost with the intent to allow the dealership to sell their order for a couple grand once it arrives at the dealership. This stuff is all common and completely legal. Ford is likely trying to get dealers to clean it up a bit to spread the Broncos around. If this happens, i'd expect the conversion rate of original reservation holder to delivery to original reservation holder being under 30%. Particularly day 1 reservation holders who know the system works and got multiple orders in first. I wish Ford has requested a $500 or $1000 dollar deposit. This would have helped enthusiast get a Bronco rather than profiteers.
Sponsored

Last edited: