First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I still have $4k left to pay. Already paid for the majority of the purchase. MAS(Military Auto Source) wont authorize delivery until vehicle is paid for.
Ahhh gotcha. Guess a better question would've been "What's MAS?"
Sponsored

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Post your sequence number in the 8/9 thread, I'm compiling them into a list. So far I'm the first one on Monday, neener neener.
Just posted it over there! First is worst.. right? :D

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question but why 3 and 5 doors..? The tailgate..?
Ooo, Ooo, I know this one!

A tailgate is hinged on the bottom and a door is hinged on one side. ( my engineers would be so proud that I actually listen to them (sometimes))

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I am another MAS person, except I tried to get them to honor their low price guarantee, which has yet to be honored, they continue to make excuses. Anyway, if you go into your MAS account online, you can go into debug mode and pull up the MAS purchase order price. It will be under the JSON response for "orders" and you are looking for "price_on_po". My MAS price was $47,953, Granger quoted me $3550 lower ($44,403), MAS paid $38,916 to Ford for the vehicle.
In my defense, I didnt pull the trigger. I was willing to wait to get one off the lot in a couple years. I had other financial obligations, but the wife insisted I needed a new vehicle. My last truck was nickel and diming me to death. And I had insufficient credit to get a new truck in 2012. So I got another used beater truck. The windows stopped rolling down(they're manual too!) And my a/c is giving up now that we moved back to AZ.
Sob story aside, I'm happy with what I paid considering how much of an upgrade this will be to any vehicle I have ever owned in the 20 years of vehicle ownership.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my defense, I didnt pull the trigger. I was willing to wait to get one off the lot in a couple years. I had other financial obligations, but the wife insisted I needed a new vehicle. My last truck was nickel and diming me to death. And I had insufficient credit to get a new truck in 2012. So I got another used beater truck. The windows stopped rolling down(they're manual too!) And my a/c is giving up now that we moved back to AZ.
Sob story aside, I'm happy with what I paid considering how much of an upgrade this will be to any vehicle I have ever owned in the 20 years of vehicle ownership.
MAS pricing certainly wasn't "bad", but it's the fact that they haven't actually honored the guarantee, they have essentially given false confidence in the "low price" to multiple servicemen and women which to seems wrong, especially when they are deployed. I definitely am happy to hear that you have yours on the way, that's exciting, mine should be a few days behind as I won the bronco allocation lottery by sheer luck.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If they are producing about 1,000 4D hard tops a week, it is going to be a long wait.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If they are producing about 1,000 4D hard tops a week, it is going to be a long wait.
I agree with your assessment.... However, I believe that supply will improve. That's the nature of corrections in quality control. Production is slow while corrections are being made and then they start jamming them out when they get it working right.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MAS pricing certainly wasn't "bad", but it's the fact that they haven't actually honored the guarantee, they have essentially given false confidence in the "low price" to multiple servicemen and women which to seems wrong, especially when they are deployed. I definitely am happy to hear that you have yours on the way, that's exciting, mine should be a few days behind as I won the bronco allocation lottery by sheer luck.
Us too! The MAS lady had us in the list as the first Bronco order with an "Urgent" asterisk next to an order for a Ford Escape. When they got Bronco onto the list they didnt understand the difference on the Sport models. Then put us into the full size allocation lottery. Obviously results vary on what was ordered vs. what Ford is building.
Did you get any of the Ford "gifts"? Or are we just out of the loop due to our "dealer" choice?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Us too! The MAS lady had us in the list as the first Bronco order with an "Urgent" asterisk next to an order for a Ford Escape. When they got Bronco onto the list they didnt understand the difference on the Sport models. Then put us into the full size allocation lottery. Obviously results vary on what was ordered vs. what Ford is building.
Did you get any of the Ford "gifts"? Or are we just out of the loop due to our "dealer" choice?

Nope we are completely out of the loop for the goodies. We don't even get progress emails. Do you know how many databases I have been looking at to find proof of life?!? LOL.

Anyway, I tried to register my VIN on the Ford website and it basically doesn't do anything helpful at this point. It's been very weird, the WDMO orders (MAS Orders) are in a very different pipeline from the WBDO orders (normal dealer orders).

Have you been able to pull up a window sticker yet?

Sponsored

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how most of the hard tops they have built are still sitting in the parking lot waiting for new ones, but we are building all these this week that will most likely ship out this week. Makes no sense fro a customer standpoint.
I wish Ford would just ship with the hard tops with the flaws and replace them in 2022. From what I've seen posted on the flaws the edges are not sealing and will end up delaminating over a period of time, but it's not something that's going to happen over night it looks like the MIC will last a year or longer.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I am another MAS person, except I tried to get them to honor their low price guarantee, which has yet to be honored, they continue to make excuses. Anyway, if you go into your MAS account online, you can go into debug mode and pull up the MAS purchase order price. It will be under the JSON response for "orders" and you are looking for "price_on_po". My MAS price was $47,953, Granger quoted me $3550 lower ($44,403), MAS paid $38,916 to Ford for the vehicle.
Interesting several dealers on here claim they make nothing on the sales of vehicles and claim 1 to 2 K looking more like the 20% I was thinking no one can stay in business on 5% margins unless your no touch working in your basement. They claim to make $$ on service, which will be impossible in the near future as few people seem to want to work let along get their hands dirty these days. Will be difficult to find techs in the future

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wish Ford would just ship with the hard tops with the flaws and replace them in 2022. From what I've seen posted on the flaws the edges are not sealing and will end up delaminating over a period of time, but it's not something that's going to happen over night it looks like the MIC will last a year or longer.
I second this @Ford Motor Company

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting several dealers on here claim they make nothing on the sales of vehicles and claim 1 to 2 K looking more like the 20% I was thinking no one can stay in business on 5% margins unless your no touch working in your basement. They claim to make $$ on service, which will be impossible in the near future as few people seem to want to work let along get their hands dirty these days. Will be difficult to find techs in the future
There's plenty of holdback on vehicles. Holdback is the "keep the lights on money", everything else is just profit. It's why Granger can still make money selling below invoice but a lot of volume.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope we are completely out of the loop for the goodies. We don't even get progress emails. Do you know how many databases I have been looking at to find proof of life?!? LOL.

Anyway, I tried to register my VIN on the Ford website and it basically doesn't do anything helpful at this point. It's been very weird, the WDMO orders (MAS Orders) are in a very different pipeline from the WBDO orders (normal dealer orders).

Have you been able to pull up a window sticker yet?
Nope, today was the first I was aware I had a VIN! Initial email said delivery was 15NOV21, but with the Webasto BS, I figured I was gonna take delivery in '22. I'm honestly shocked its actually happening. The fact they gave you a VIN, but nobdelivery baffles me.
FWIW i picked a hardtop VB 2dr BL, 2.3/7MT with a short grocery list of add-ons to explore the Arizona mountains.
Sponsored